** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - August 23 - August 29

11 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Marketa Vondrousova to beat Alison Van Uytvanck at 1.44 with Pinnacle

Happy even with this shorter price, Vondrousova is leagues above AvU these days and she cares about pre-GS events most of the time. She was fine in her first match as well, losing just two games. It was against a nobody, but the result shows that she's ready physically, etc.

Gingers not made for that heat, looks brutal out there.

9 hours ago, four-leaf said:

I can't see any possible scenario where Siniakova doesn't win this match with most likely 4 breaks of serve. 2 breaks in each set or likely more.

:okAn understatement to say you called that right, wish I'd gone with my inclination to have a small interest rather than being deterred by the price being trimmed. Spread sell would've yielded the maximum profit too. Mind you, the quickest way to end anyone's hot streak is for me to start following them.

8 hours ago, darko08 said:

Gasquet to beat Evans at 2.10 with bet365
Giron to beat Herbert at 1.57 with bet365
Bucsa (+4.5 Games) to beat Kozlova at 1.72 with Pinnacle

I have seen both players' last matches. Gasquet wasn't brilliant but he still beat Gerasimov in 2 sets. In relation to the Evans-Pouille match, I have to say that both players were horrible. Besides, both required a MTO. Pouille had some kind of back problem while Evans was treated for some kind of foot problem. At these odds I go with Gasquet.
I take Giron over Herbert cause he plays home and he has been better than Herbert in the last tournaments. The american player has beat Bagnis and Delbonis in straight sets and she beat JJ Wolf and Koepfer in Cincinatti, before losing against Bublik in a 3 set match (decided by a TB). Herbert is playing his first tournament since Wimbledon. He played the qualification and he lost a set against Eduardo Nava (ranked 1761). I saw Nava against Monteiro and I just can't understand how Herbert could lost a set against that guy... After that, he lost the whole match against Tung-lin Wu (ranked 276). As a LL he has beat Coria in straight sets. 
I will go against the market in this one. IMO, the difference between these players is not that big. The spaniard has improved a lot and she has had a good year (24-20).  At the beginning of this month she beat McHale and Arconada in straight sets in Concord, before losing against Brengle in the QFs. She lost her last match easily against Frech, but, as I said before, she has had a good year and she has achieved some really good wins. In Doha, she beat Krejcikova in straight sets (she was at 5.00). Kozlova is 15-12 this year. She did play in Chicago. She beat Zanevska in a tight 3 set match (decided by a TB), and then she lost against Diatchenko in 3 sets.

Well, both Bucsa and Gasquet have won in straight sets. I haven't watched Bucsa cause I have been watching Gasquet but, as I expected, the "market" was wrong at betting on Kozlova. Bucsa has improved a lot this year and the difference between them was not that big...  @CzechPunter your compatriot Kristyna has destroyed Savinykh (she never fails me when I bet on her, I love her) so my parlay is also won! Giron will start in a few minutes but I'm tired of watching tennis... Anyways, I can't be more happy with this week (4/4). I'm done with the ATP Winston-Salem. Now, I will focus only on the USO qualification matches.

Nicolas Mejia to beat Andrea Vavassori at 2.00 with Unibet

This seems to be a classic well earned spot for Mejia. He played great tennis last match and should continue to do so. Vavassori doesn't really have the true conviction ahead of this match. Mejia is 21 years old, climbing fast up the ranks. His game is very good and well worth a win today over a guy like Vavassori who is 26 years old and hasn't been in the top 250 'in his career. He is better in doubles Vavassori while Mejia is an improving singles player.

Raducanu (-1.5 Sets) to beat Bolkvadze at 1.70 with Sbobet

Raducanu is one of the best well-prepared players of the entire draw. She played in Landisville, where she beat Han, Barthel, Bonaventure and Gorgodze, before retiring against Parrizas (4-3). Then, she went to Chicago and she reached the Final. She beat Van Uytvanck, Burel, Niemeier (the german retired after losing the 1st set 7-6) and Liu, but she lost the Final against Tauson in a 3 set match. She has destroyed Schoofs in her 1st match here (6-1, 6-2). I only watched the first 3 games of the match (that was enough to know that he was going to destroy her). Bolkvadze is also well-prepared. She played in Concord and Landisville but most of her matches were against low ranked players and the only remarkable win she got was against Minnen. In her first match here she has struggled to beat Snigur (7-5, 4-6, 6-4). If nothing strange happens (injury or a really bad day) Raducanu should win this match and the next one and then I wouldn't be surprised if she cause an impact in the main draw. I don't like to play this market on tennis but Raducanu has beat better players than Bolkvadze in straight sets in her preparation tournaments.

@four-leafWell, I've posted two winning bets in Evans and Vondrousova already! (Vondrousova might've been a void for you, depending on the bookie).

Today is the last reasonable day for a player to save energy ahead of the US Open, that's according to my own experience at least. Running through the main events, there aren't any usual suspects, though, so I'm wary about underdog bets. The favorites look all fair to me, perhaps Ruusuvori might be a bet, that was the name that stood out the most. At the same time, Gasquet isn't winning anything bigger anymore, so chances are he's willing to give it his all this week. That's why I'm not too excited about that bet.

Majchrzak - Wolf over 22.5 games @1.78 with WWin

I predict close match here. Majchrzak is often on my over picks and rarely dissapoints. He has good serve (10 aces in 1st round) and poor return game against players of same game plan. I don´t know Wolf´s game at all, but he had some good matches this summer against Tiafoe, Isner, Nakashima and I wouldn´t underestimate him, against Istomin he won 92% 1st serves.

Gaston - Bemelmans; Bemelmans over 9.5 games @1.75 with WWin

French is big favorite in this match with @1.30, he beat Kopriva who played only on clay for last 5 months. Also Gaston came here straight from clay and his game is optimal for clay courts, his record on hard is nothing special. I disagree with bookies, since Bemelmans played some good matches in last 2 years when he was underdog and he is better players than ranking shows at the moment. He served 12 aces against de Jong and if he will hold this level, Gaston will have troubles beating him.