** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Race Chat -Sunday 18th July

I’ll be concentrating on the jumps again. 

2.30 Stratford , Wbee 13/8

clear on my ratings and surely will be difficult to beat. Only been raised 2Ibs for winning lto .

3.40 Stratford , Solar Impulse 9/2

11 now but in fine form and was unlucky to not get the 3 wins on the bounce, falling whilst leading and in command. He’s my top rated in the race, but two things stand out. He’s got a useful 5Ibs claimer on board which offsets his 2Ib rise from lto when he fell. Also he beat Franky Du Berlais by 6 lengths 2 starts back who  romped home by 7-8 lengths in a grade 3 on Saturday at market Rasen. Plenty of dangers in a small field. The favourite Hatcher has struggled off similar marks in the past but probably still has the beating of some of these he beat the other week. 

So Babytaggle returns in the 4.50 at Stratford and if you did happen to back him without the front two in the market a week ago then you collected as he finished 2nd to the favourite albeit a long way behind him. Today's race is an interesting one as there are horses in there where it is impossible to know how they will do. Time To Move On is making his debut for Laura Morgan having shown little over hurdles on soft ground so chasing debut on quick ground is rather different. Quite frankly anyone backing him is having a guess or has knowledge on how he is likely to run. Nicky Henderson can't run too many at this level and Royal Ruby makes his chasing debut after 527 days off the track. Again its guess work about how much ability he retains although in theory based on his hurdles form he has a chance here. Getabuck has obvious claims on his 2nd here last month over 2m1f on his first start after a wind op. The winner has done well since as well. The rest of them are had to fancy and Coniston Spa looks high enough in the handicap based on his runs in maiden points this year. Babytaggle has a higher rating than him as well and has to give him over a stone here once jockey claims are included.

Franz Klammer is clearly a massive improver so even though he was 23L behind him last week it was still a reasonable effort. He comes down in trip and I would like to see them try to make the running again as they did at Huntingdon back in May. One of the 3 mentioned above could win, but I am not that worried about anything else in the race so at a double figure price I am happy to back him.

Babytaggle e/w @ 12/1 with Bet365

Did a few doubles for interest

1.30 Newton Abbot Courtland 5/4

3.25 Chantilly Creative Flair 11/10

1.57 Stratford Karannelle 4/1

2.30 Stratford Wbee 11/10

2.15 Redcar Hear Me Roar 5/4

2.50 Redcar Out The Hat 9/4

3.40 Stratford Hatcher 2/1

4.50 Stratford Get A Buck 5/2

And a wee fiver on

3.15 Newton Abbot Dolly McQueen 15/2

Good luck all CNBB.

15 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

3.40 Stratford , Solar Impulse 9/2

11 now but in fine form and was unlucky to not get the 3 wins on the bounce, falling whilst leading and in command. He’s my top rated in the race, but two things stand out. He’s got a useful 5Ibs claimer on board which offsets his 2Ib rise from lto when he fell. Also he beat Franky Du Berlais by 6 lengths 2 starts back who  romped home by 7-8 lengths in a grade 3 on Saturday at market Rasen. Plenty of dangers in a small field. The favourite Hatcher has struggled off similar marks in the past but probably still has the beating of some of these he beat the other week. 

Your horse a NR.  Chris did you notice  only Irish runner in Britain today is Joseph o'Briens  US AND THEM 7/2 in this 4runner race  i have  had a little nibble.

1 hour ago, Tedthewolf said:

Your horse a NR.  Chris did you notice  only Irish runner in Britain today is Joseph o'Briens  US AND THEM 7/2 in this 4runner race  i have  had a little nibble.

Yes I noticed earlier it was a non runner. Probably too hot for the old boy. Mmmmm....is that so. He’s ran well in some big races, including Cheltenham just gone. I’ll have another look at it in a minute . 

1 minute ago, Villa Chris said:

Yes I noticed earlier it was a non runner. Probably too hot for the old boy. Mmmmm....is that so. He’s ran well in some big races, including Cheltenham just gone. I’ll have another look at it in a minute . 

Has drifted to 4/1 with bet 365 

14 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

Has drifted to 4/1 with bet 365 

If he produces his best he’ll probably win, but I’ve got Hatcher down to win this on the ratings. All 4 are pretty close to each other, mind. Even if I take away the course form rating, they all still finish slightly In front of US And Them . Decent little race and good luck .

2 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

If he produces his best he’ll probably win, but I’ve got Hatcher down to win this on the ratings. All 4 are pretty close to each other, mind. Even if I take away the course form rating, they all still finish slightly In front of US And Them . Decent little race and good luck .

Good Call