** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 13th July

Been busy with other stuff today so far.

I have looked at two afternoon races and will look at the evening one's later:

3.05 Bath The Cruising Lord.Trying for an £8 win at 3.6 (was 3.45 and now 3.15) Looks like a good bet with other fancied horses drifting badly.  I'll let it go if my price isn't matched

3.15 Bev.  Golden Flame is very strong in the market at 8/11.  Not my idea of a value bet in a handicap.  I have placed £2.20 at 10.5 on Ben Lilly.  This is a drifter but hopefully still the same horse.  I will win £20.48 should it prevail.

Back later

All bets E/W with Bet365

Last Page - 3:05 Bath - 14/1 - 2nd

Camacho Man - 3:35. Bath - 7/2 Didnt place

In the Cove - 4:05 Bath - 9/1 3rd

Bonnie Lad - 4:05 Bath - 3/1 5th (EW extra)

Lexington Bullet - 4:05 Bath - 7/1 Didn't place 

Eagles Dare - 4:40 Bath - 7/1 Didn't place

Alambrista - 4:40 Bath - 13/2 3rd

Love of Zoffany - 4:45 Bev -  5/1 non-runner.

Be Fair - 6:35 Brighton - 5/2 

Just a quick last minute bet - Magical Charm - 4:05 Bath - 16/1. - Lost

Edited by alexcaruso808

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

Been busy with other stuff today so far.

I have looked at two afternoon races and will look at the evening one's later:

3.05 Bath The Cruising Lord.Trying for an £8 win at 3.6 (was 3.45 and now 3.15) Looks like a good bet with other fancied horses drifting badly.  I'll let it go if my price isn't matched

3.15 Bev.  Golden Flame is very strong in the market at 8/11.  Not my idea of a value bet in a handicap.  I have placed £2.20 at 10.5 on Ben Lilly.  This is a drifter but hopefully still the same horse.  I will win £20.48 should it prevail.

Back later

Well The Cruising Lord shortened to something like 2.86 and then drifted out and my bet got matched at 3.6 a few minutes before the off.  Just kicking myself not to have had a small wager on Global Prospector. sure it drifted out to 10/1 but it was still the same horse at the start of the race wasn't it?  Some more for this evening at Southwell are:

5.45 Court duty £2 win at 17 = £31.36 if it wins

6.15 Yeavering Belle £4.50 win at 5.6 = £20.29 if it wins

7.15 Olympic Conqueror £8 win at 3.4 = £18.82 if it wins

8.20 Oasis Prince Trying to get £2.50 matched at 9.2 (currently 8.2).  Pinnacle Peak is the obvious one here but it does have a 7lbs penalty and is trying to win a class 4 event instead of a class 5   

8.50 Isthebaropen (BH) Trying to get £5 win matched at 5.1 (currently 4.7).  A load of money has come for Druim Samhaidh best price 5/2. This was available at 15/2 last night  so if you believe in following the money then this may be good for you.

Total possible stakes = £32.20

Good luck to one and all

5 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Well The Cruising Lord shortened to something like 2.86 and then drifted out and my bet got matched at 3.6 a few minutes before the off.  Just kicking myself not to have had a small wager on Global Prospector. sure it drifted out to 10/1 but it was still the same horse at the start of the race wasn't it?  Some more for this evening at Southwell are:

5.45 Court duty £2 win at 17 = £31.36 if it wins

6.15 Yeavering Belle £4.50 win at 5.6 = £20.29 if it wins

7.15 Olympic Conqueror £8 win at 3.4 = £18.82 if it wins

8.20 Oasis Prince Trying to get £2.50 matched at 9.2 (currently 8.2).  Pinnacle Peak is the obvious one here but it does have a 7lbs penalty and is trying to win a class 4 event instead of a class 5   

8.50 Isthebaropen (BH) Trying to get £5 win matched at 5.1 (currently 4.7).  A load of money has come for Druim Samhaidh best price 5/2. This was available at 15/2 last night  so if you believe in following the money then this may be good for you.

Total possible stakes = £32.20

Good luck to one and all

RESULTS UPDATE

Only one winner today with Brian Hughes a board.  A little bit disappointing but that's racing for you.  When you back the favourites they lose and when you don't they win.  Never mind tomorrow is another day.  The net loss today was £7.11 which makes my new balance £751.04 (Bank £1056.22)

Five meetings in the UK tomorrow. Only two class 3 races with short priced favourites and 7 class 4 races with a maximum favourite's price of 11/4.  It's gonna be another tough one folks