** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2020 European Championship Final Predictions > Jul 11th

euro20202f.jpg

The 2020 European Championship Final is coming up this Sunday night with an 8pm BST kick-off between Italy and England at Wembley Stadium. Is football coming home or is it going to Rome? Tell us your predictions for this epic last clash of this riveting tournament down below! :ok

3 hours ago, Ameer13 said:

unfortunately and I pray Im wrong but I see Italy the winner 

i also favour Italy but think that England have the best squad in the competition.

The problem is he refuses to use any flair players like foden or grealish other than off the bench.

The decision to sub grealish last night was ridiculous as Denmark were there to be killed off and Southgate took him off , sat back and invited pressure.

Mancini is a much better coach and i think this will be the defining factor. That said i had a decent bet on Italy and have laid half of it off.

Very close to call, tight and dull probably heads the "brief description" market, with so much at stake but rank outsider "end to end thriller" is not without a squeak! Either team could win it in any of the possible ways and I'm not sure it will be easy to find a value bet on the outcome. Even the draw looks a bit short this time!

I suppose 11/1 Italy is a decent value bet to be sitting on and can be augmented by a few fun bets nearer the time. No need to bet big just because it's a big game. Hopefully this is where I land my fastest ever Euros goal and keeper to score bets I so shrewdly picked out before the tournament. :lol

Not the most thrilling thing to bet on and hardly a sexy price but 6/5 about England making the first substitution? Maybe odds against about a coin toss, Italy made early ones in the group stages but I suspect injuries were involved.

Be an amusing answer to the question "had any bets on the final"!

Maguire showed his value at set pieces in the semi final and could pose a similar threat against Italy. Both PP and Sky Bet have him at 7/2 for a header on target and 40/1 for 2 or more. The gap between him and Stones may not be big enough to justify the latter firm having him at 10/1 and 250/1 for the same eventualities. (Paddy have both of them at 7/2.)

8 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Maguire showed his value at set pieces in the semi final and could pose a similar threat against Italy. Both PP and Sky Bet have him at 7/2 for a header on target and 40/1 for 2 or more. The gap between him and Stones may not be big enough to justify the latter firm having him at 10/1 and 250/1 for the same eventualities. (Paddy have both of them at 7/2.)

skybet have a boost England to win in 90 mins 3/1 (£10 max)

Following the 2+ headed shots on target theme (i'm assuming @harry_rag2+ means 2 or more)

maguire 2+ headers on target 40/1

stones 2+ headers on target 250/1

chiellini 2+ headers on target 350/1

bonucci 2+ headers on target 350/1

all to low stakes obviously

13 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Anyone with SBC

Sky Bet Club Boost 

Harry Maguire to have 1+ headed shot on target was 7/2 NOW 9/2

Edited by CS 333

mark langdon in the racing post has tipped the following:

maguire first goalscorer 33/1

emerson first goalscorer 80/1

emerson anytime goalscorer 40/1 all hills 

reasoning is the left back for italy is encouraged to get forward (spinazzola until injured) emerson not as good but hit the bar in the semi final from 3 attempts on goal

only kane and sterling have had more attempts on target than maguire who had 3 v denmark

England

They have scored 9 goals but conceded only 1 goal this season so far, which shows their potential. They reach their first major final of the Tournament since 1966. Although they get into final by a controversial penalty in last game, undoubtedly they can not be ignored as they have home advantage and a lot of excellent players.

Italy

They are one of the most amazing team this season as there is no big-money players of Italy. The victories over Belgium and Spain impresses people most. They have never gone behind this season yet and come to victories in the end with a bit of luck. They have one more day than England to prepare for upcoming game.

Verdict:

England are not in good condition as they suffer from controversial penalty in last game. Italy are in high morale and full of ambitions. It is predicted that they will draw with each other in 90 minutes.

Prediction: 1-1, 1-2

ITALIA!!!

11 minutes ago, ALEXXXXXXXX said:

England

They have scored 9 goals but conceded only 1 goal this season so far, which shows their potential. They reach their first major final of the Tournament since 1966. Although they get into final by a controversial penalty in last game, undoubtedly they can not be ignored as they have home advantage and a lot of excellent players.

Italy

They are one of the most amazing team this season as there is no big-money players of Italy. The victories over Belgium and Spain impresses people most. They have never gone behind this season yet and come to victories in the end with a bit of luck. They have one more day than England to prepare for upcoming game.

Verdict:

England are not in good condition as they suffer from controversial penalty in last game. Italy are in high morale and full of ambitions. It is predicted that they will draw with each other in 90 minutes.

Prediction: 1-1, 1-2

ITALIA!!!

lets hope for a more competent referee and use of var this time

Similar thoughts the rest of the knockout rounds really... 28/64 knockout matches from Euro 96 ending all square, 3/6 finals, average goals in finals in that period 1.67.

Italy's record in knockout matches of Euros and World Cups since Italia 90 (90 mins play) is P27-W12-D14-L1, England P22-W5-D12-L5.

Expect both sides to adopt a saftey first approach.

Bet

Match to be drawn - 1pt @ 2/1 (General)

No First Goalscorer - 0.5pts @ 6/1 (Betvictor) [Take 0.5pts less than the 13/2 available on 0-0 to keep own goals on sde]

On 7/9/2021 at 5:36 AM, waynecoyne said:

Following the 2+ headed shots on target theme (i'm assuming @harry_rag2+ means 2 or more)

Yeah, 2+ and >1.5 pretty much interchangeable (assuming we're not talking AH lines of course)!

Here's my "portfolio" so far.

15 points Maguire 1+ headed shots on target at 7/2 PP

1.5 points Maguire 2+ headed shots on target at 40/1 PP

2.5 points Maguire & Stones each to have 1+ headed shots on target at 22/1 PP (looks poor value in light of Stones being 10/1 with Sky Bet!)

2.5 points Stones 1+ headed shots on target at 10/1 Sky Bet

1 point Stones 2+ headed shots on target at 250/1 Sky Bet

6 hours ago, waynecoyne said:

reasoning is the left back for italy is encouraged to get forward (spinazzola until injured) emerson not as good but hit the bar in the semi final from 3 attempts on goal

I was similarly swayed by this given the prices.

1 points Emerson 1st goalscorer at 100/1 Lads

3 points Emerson anytime at 45/1 Lads

I had put up a request for an even bigger price on BF but last time I looked he was 27 to back and 30 to lay on there.

10 minutes ago, Ameer13 said:

so who is going to win Cup ????  

Why this preoccupation with the minority betting markets? Surely the key question is how many minutes of stoppage time will there be, who's going to get a header on target or which team will make the first substitution! ;)

I'm still not fully feeling the magnitude of the occasion here, to a large extent for me it's just another football match tinged with a degree of sadness that the tournament will be over. As a betting heat it's as close to call as the markets imply so either don't bother or back the draw which seems to be where any value lies. From an enjoyment perspective I'd love to be proved wrong but a game with 1 or 0 goals in 90 minutes seems by far the most likely outcome.

Italy vs England

Italy is arguably a team that showed the most convincing performances so far in the tournament. They stormed through the group stage, keeping their net intact on that course. However, Roberto Mancini’s side struggled with Austrian discipline but secured a victory after the extra time. Their performance against Belgium was excellent, and the team showed all its talent. On the other hand, a completely different approach against Spain. Azzurri showed they could play direct and attractive football like in the match against the Red Devils, but here, La Furia Roja dominated the game. Giorgio Chiellini and the lads didn’t forget the “Italian” style, and they secured a ticket to the finals after the penalty shootout, although they were inferior against Spain. Now, they are one step away from winning the first EURO title since 1968 and two unsuccessful attempts back in 2000 and 2012. Italy is on a stunning run of 33 games without tasting a defeat, and they are looking forward to extending it. Their defense has been tough to crack lately, despite conceding in all knockout games in EURO 2020.

Maybe they were not too convincing in the group stage, but England improved its game in the knockout stage. They also had one disappointment in the form of a goalless draw, but it came in the group stage against Scotland and didn’t affect their chances of progressing further. Gareth Southgate’s side celebrated against Germany and was excellent in a 4:0 victory over Ukraine in the quarter-finals. However, they needed to come from behind for the first time in the tournament in the semi-final clash against Denmark. Additionally, the Three Lions also went into the extra time but managed to avoid a penalty shootout drama. However, England was lucky to get the penalty kick awarded in the very finish of the first 15 minutes of additional time. They also conceded their first goal in EURO 2020 in this game after keeping the clean sheet in seven consecutive matches. Harry Kane and the lads want to bring glory to their country for the first time since 1966, when they became the World champions.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

It is going to be a very tight match, and both teams have a good chance of winning the trophy. England will have a slight advantage due to playing on the home ground, but that could also put some additional pressure on them. Italy could wait for its chance patiently, and we wouldn’t be surprised if this match goes into the extra time.

Goals Market Prediction

Both teams have been very disciplined in the back lately. Although Italy failed to keep the clean sheet in their last three games, they kept their net intact 11 times before the game against Austria. We saw just one England’s game going over a 2.5 margin on the previous eight occasions, considering only the regulation time. Since the stake is very high, we don’t expect to see more than two goals in total.

Draw @ 3.00 

Under 2.5 FT @ 1.50 

Correct score 0:0 @ 6.50

i'm expecting rioting if england lose, i drove past 2 italian restaurants close to me and thought will they have their windows put in tomorrow ?

i expect the midfield battle to be critical. we have 2 defensive dogs who i think will be outplayed by italys midfield.

I understand all the love for England from their country men, but really...I think there's a lot of wishful thinking there. Best Italian team in easily a decade, beat Spain on the up, Belgium (who I thought might win the tournament). England beat a German team on the wain who barely drew the Czech team. And they needed a dive to win the game against a knackered Danish squad. Playing without Eriksen.

I thought England were poor against Denmark. I thought that the tactics were weak. Bringing Grealish off when they should have been looking to kill the game? Hmmh...

Got a feeling England will be found out in this final. Italy have one more day of rest, so I think that is equal to England's home advantage. 

But really, I see a difference in class between the two teams. England will literally need to step it up tonight and find something in themselves they've not shown in any of the previous games. Which is a World Class edge, and which I have seen in every game Italy have played. The danger they show in the final third is the difference for me.

ITALY TO QUALIFY  -  EVENS

Edited by andypandy23

Italy vs England

The 2020 European Championship Final is finally here and, as you can already see from above, this is a very hard one to call as Italy play England in an 8pm BST kick-off on Sunday night from Wembley Stadium. 24 teams came into this tournament with aspirations to win it (some more so than others!) but now we are just left with two and one of these two nations will be crowned European champions this evening.

Italy were my picks to win the tournament before all the action kicked off and they have so far lived up to my expectations. Head coach Roberto Mancini has helped to revolutionise a national team that was in its own state of international wilderness. The Azzurri have looked like champions-in-the-making since day one when they opened the tournament with a 3-0 win against Turkey. It's now 33 matches unbeaten for Italy and the days of failing to qualify for the 2018 World Cup now seem in the distant past. Italy might have had relatively recent success on the international stage having won the 2006 World Cup but their one and only European Championship win came back in 1968. This will be their 10th final at a major international tournament with only Germany boasting more final appearances. Italy will be hoping their high press style of play can pay dividends in this game. They have had 12 shots and scored 3 goals after dispossessing their opposition 40 metres or less from their goal.

England stand on the brink of making even more history. Gareth Southgate's side have already become the first England team to reach a major international tournament final since 1966. 55 years later and they could become just the second England team to win a major international tournament. The Three Lions have been nothing short of exemplary in this tournament and even though they have taken their fair share of stick for playing 6 of their 7 tournament games on home soil they have still done the job required. It's now 15 wins from their past 17 matches played at Wembley Stadium. The win over Denmark in the semi-finals was also a momentous one because it was Southgate's 8th tournament win as England manager which put him level with the great Sir Alf Ramsey. Harry Kane will be the man to watch. The striker has hit form at the right time having scored 4 goals in his last 3 matches. This takes his total goal involvements for England to 28 goals in his last 27 appearances. Incredible contribution.

At the end of the day, it's hard to argue that we haven't got the two best teams at this tournament playing each other. It's also very tough to pick a winner. You feel it'll take a big moment of luck or genius to part these sides over 90 minutes so the reasoned argument would be to say this will be decided in extra-time or even on penalties. Even though I am Welsh, I do still have a lot of English friends and family so, for them, I hope England win it. Unfortunately, I did back Italy before the tournament started and I still feel they are the favourites going into this game. Home advantage might benefit England in the opening half hour but if the scores remain level after that time or Italy take a lead then that advantage could become a curse if the fans become nervous, frustrated, or hostile.

Italy to Lift the Trophy @ 2.10 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 1.5 @ 2.60 with SBK

Buy Italy bookings hotshots for 2 points at 23 with SPIN (Verratti, Chiellini, Jorginho and Bonucci, 25 points per yellow card and 50 per red) - Been mulling this over for a few days, Verratti probably the most likely but I'm happy enough with the prospects of at least one of them getting booked to buy at that price. 3 out of 3 with this bet during the Euros so will go with it one last time. England's are Walker, Maguire, Phillips and Shaw at 26-29 which might be ok too but that profit for one card element is persuasive for me in this market.