** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2020 European Championship Quarter-Final Predictions > Jul 2nd & 3rd

8 points on Zuber to get an assist at 9/1 Sky Bet - pushing my luck perhaps expecting him to get another one but I don't think he should be 9/1 even against Spain

2 points on Seferovic to score a header at 28/1 with Sky Bet - definitely a strength that Switzerland might play to, what with all those corners they're going to be gaining!

Belgium v Italy:

20 points on a sub to score at 23/10 with Uni - the jury may still be out on what the fair price is for this in a knockout tie but I'm not sure why this game would be the only one priced at over 2/1. Even though I'm already invested in sub goals via my pre-tournament buy I'm tempted in at that price.

Buy "Wide of the Marc" novelty special for 2 points at 5. Makes up at 0 if Verratti doesn't have a shot on target and 50 if he does, so it's simply a bet on him having one at 9/1. He's not that prolific but I've seen 9/2 best on the fixed odds so I've decided it's worth an interest.

Well that went ok; draw, pens and lashings of Swiss corners.

A few interest bets in the next game now the line ups are known.

8 points on T Hazard assist at 8/1 Uni and 8 on him to score at 11

8 points on Immobile assist at 8/1 PP

8 points on Meunier assist at 7/1 Uni

6 points on Tielmans to score at 15

16 points on Chiesa to score at 5.4

Czech Republic vs Denmark

The Czech Republic had a bumpy but yet successful road to the quarter-finals. Jaroslav Silhavy’s side celebrated in their opening match in EURO 2020, and that one turned out to be a crucial victory. They picked up a point against Croatia in a 1:1 draw before losing to England in the final round of the group stage. Although the Czech Republic is a decent team, very few people thought they could eliminate the Netherlands. However, Tomas Soucek and the lads put a very disciplined performance and managed to capitalize on outnumbering the opponent. Patrik Schick has been clinical in front of the oppositions’ net, scoring four times in the tournament. The Czech Republic hasn’t conceded more than once per game in EURO 2020 yet, and another tight display could bring them closer to the semis.

Denmark caught the last train for the knockout round thanks to a convincing display against Russia. Kasper Hjulmand’s side raised the form at a perfect moment, as they have a much easier road to the semi-finals. Despite the initial shock around Christian Eriksen, De rød-hvide managed to regroup and aim high. Denmark eliminated Wales thanks to a 4:0 victory, but it has been much tighter than the score represents. However, Kasper Dolberg’s brace at perfect timing brought them a substantial advantage. Denmark dispatched eight goals in the previous two games and will look forward to keeping up that pace.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Although The Czech Republic has been in a variable form lately, they deserve credit for the latest performance. However, it seems that the Danes are improving in every game, and they want to grab this chance. Therefore, we believe Denmark could secure a victory here and reach the semi-finals.

Goals Market Prediction

The Czech Republic managed to keep a clean sheet just twice on the last nine occasions, while the Danes kept their net intact only once in this tournament. We could see both teams scoring in this one, and the odds are pretty attractive.

Denmark to Win @ 2.15 

BTTS Yes @ 2.10 

Correct score 1:2 @ 9.75

Ukraine vs England

Ukraine is one of the biggest overachievers in EURO 2020, but they have been pretty lucky. Only one victory was enough for Andriy Shevchenko’s side in the group stage, and that one came against North Macedonia. Even with two defeats, Zbirna made it through and faced Sweden in the eighth-finals. Although Oleksandr Zinchenko and the lads haven’t kept the clean sheet yet, they have been productive enough in the front. Ukraine failed to score just once on the previous ten occasions, and it was in an abysmal display against Austria. They secured a victory against Sweden in the last seconds of the extra time, and this time, a much more challenging opponent is ahead of them.

England hasn’t impressed with the beauty of its game, but they still haven’t conceded in EURO 2020. Gareth Southgate’s side failed to keep the clean sheet only once in their last ten matches. They had a very tough challenge in the eighth-finals, but the Three Lions celebrated a 2:0 victory against Germany. Harry Kane and the lads have a clear path to the finals as none of the biggest favorites stand their way. England missed the chance to win only once on the previous ten occasions, and they want to keep up where they left off. If they win this match, England will face the Czech Republic or Denmark on their way to the finals.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Ukraine has already gone far in this competition, and England is a firm favorite in this clash. We believe they will meet the expectations and celebrate a victory in the regulation time. Since the odds on England’s win are pretty slim, we think the Three Lions might keep the clean sheet once again.

Goals Market Prediction

Although England has been pretty hard to crack, they haven’t scored too many goals.  In fact, they haven’t produced more than two goals in a single game eight times in a row. Therefore, we expect this match to remain under a 2.5 margin.

England to Win to Nil @ 2.30 

Under 2.5 FT @ 1.80 

Correct score 0:2 @ 6.50

Czech Republic vs Denmark

The 2020 European Championship Quarter-Finals continue on Saturday afternoon when surprise packages Czech Republic and Denmark meet in an 8pm BST kick-off at the Olympic Stadium in Baku. Let's be fair, not many people predicted these teams to get this far but they've both navigated their way through the tournament to this stage and a Semi-Final berth awaits for the winners.

Czech Republic have got a track record of doing well in the European Championship having previously won it in 1976 as Czechoslovakia and having reached the Semi-Final stage 5 times in total (1960, 1976, 1980, 1996, and 2004). Patrik Schick has led the line well bagging 4 goals so far and is arguably one of the only realistic contenders left that could rob Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo of the golden boot. Head coach Jaroslav Silhavy will be hoping his team can repeat the dominant display they put in against Netherlands in the 2-0 win in the last 16. Even though Czech Republic are into the Quarter-Finals they have only won 2 of their 4 matches in the tournament so far.

Denmark seem to be using the traumatic experience of Christian Eriksen's collapse in their opening group game to inspire them. I appreciate the Racing Post tipped them as dark horses but if we're being brutally honest it's not certain they'd be playing with this ferocity had Eriksen not fallen ill. Kasper Hjulmand's side appear to now be operating on a level they've not reached in years in an effort to win the trophy for Eriksen. The Danes battered Wales 4-0 in the last 16 but I've not seen Wales play that poorly in years so it's hard to use that as a good indicator. Their group stage performances were erratic but that was obviously due to the experience of the Eriksen incident. Still, they have team spirit and that can pull you through. One thing that stands out for Denmark is their average of 18.8 shots per game. It shows they are going on the front foot in games. History isn't on Denmark's side though having lost their last two Quarter-Final matches at major tournaments at the 1998 World Cup and 2004 European Championship... which was incidentally against Czech Republic.

It's great that we have two teams in a Quarter-Final who weren't backed by many to reach the last four. It's a fantastic opportunity for both nations. Czech Republic turned in a performance against Netherlands that was needed because until then they'd not really looked overly impressive. Denmark have also been free-scoring but they have been against two under-performing sides in Russia and Wales. There's not much separating these two and I wouldn't be surprised if this goes all the way to penalties.

Draw @ 3.30 with SBK

BTTS @ 2.15 with SportNation

Ukraine vs England

The final match from the Quarter-Finals at the 2020 European Championship is coming up on Saturday night at 8pm BST when tournament underdogs Ukraine take on one of the big remaining favourites in England at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome. This is seen as a one horse race if you believe what all the fans and pundits are saying but do the Ukrainians have a sting in their tail that will stop football from coming home?

Ukraine have defied the odds to get to this stage of the tournament. Not only did Andrei Shevchenko's team qualify as a third placed side with just 3 points after losing 2 of their 3 group games but they then arguably navigated their way past an impressive Sweden side in extra-time after the Swedes had the misfortune of a harsh red card late in the game. Don't get me wrong, the team has enjoyed some fine moments with Oleksandr Zinchenko, Andriy Yarmolenko, and Roman Yaremchuk being the star performers but they have ridden their luck already. This is only the second time the nation has qualified for a major tournament Quarter-Final with the other time being the 2006 World Cup where they lost 3-0 to eventual winners Italy.

England are now in a position where they can undoubtedly feel like the draw is falling in their favour. The 2-0 win over Germany in the last 16 after a relatively straight forward qualification from the group stage with three clean sheets has put them into the Quarter-Finals. If they were to get past this game then they would have a Semi-Final and Final on home turf at Wembley Stadium which would be a huge advantage. The prospect of facing Czech Republic or Denmark in that Semi-Final means they must be considered favourites to reach the Final. Their three previous European Championship Quarter-Finals have all gone to extra-time and penalties. The Three Lions are also just the second team in history to not concede a single goal in their opening four games of a European Championship. The only other team was Germany in 2016.

I appreciate that the odds seem stacked against Ukraine here and it's easy to see why. It is always said that if a team reaches the Quarter-Final of a major tournament then they must be decent to have reached that stage. Ukraine haven't been outstanding but they've got the job done. Much like Portugal back in 2016 and they went on to win it. I'm not saying Ukraine will win this one but I have no doubt they'll provide a tough and unique challenge for England. I still think England should have enough to get through but how much of an emotional and physical toll did that Germany game have on them? This could well be tighter than many anticipate.

England to Win to Nil @ 2.15 with Sporting Index

Draw HT/ England FT @ 4.30 with SBK

Ukraine v England

15 points on a penalty shootout at 7/1 on BF

6 points on Henderson to come on and be shown a card at 14/1 with Uni

20 points on >1.5 England cards at 6/4 with 365

15 points on >2.5 England cards at 22/5 with Uni

I’ve got a feeling this may be a bumpy ride for England, bumpy enough for them to get 2 or 3 cards whatever the outcome. I like both of those prices. I was taking 5/4 for the lower line and was pleasantly surprised to be “warned” about the price change on my betslip.