** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Rishi Persad............... how does he manage it????

My opinion on poor old Rishi Persad is that he is completely out of his depth as a racing presenter, bordering on the edges of being annoying

He then turned up presenting Cricket on Channel 4(I think) a few weeks ago. Painful as it was to see Channel 4 attempting to talk cricket, but Rishi had less of a clue about Cricket than he does about Horse Racing. Something I never thought possible.

Now I have just turned on Wimbledon and old Rishi has turned up there as an on court reporter!!!!

How does he do it???"

53 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I like Rishi on RUK ...... Wednesday nights at Kempton with Rishi, George Baker and Rachel Candelora

Used to be a good show when they were all in the studio and not covering two other meetings

Good grief Trotter!!! I could not imagine a worse 3 presenters sat in a studio than those 3!

GB bores the pants off me, Rishi is......well Rishi and Rachel, though knowledgeable about the All Weather, just has one of those annoying personality traits!

If I had to choose 3 presenters to present a racing show,  I would have Jane Mangan, Seb Sanders or Jason Weaver with Matt Chapman hosting.

Chapman is very much marmite but personally I like him as he brings an enthusiasm like no one else. I enjoy the ‘Get In’ shows with Weaver & Harvey. Think Ruby Walsh is great to listen to too, very insightful. Can’t stand Ed Chamberlain & quite honestly although I’m sure Persad is a nice guy I don’t think he’s knowledgable enough for the jobs he gets. 

12 hours ago, Striker said:

Disagree...no one loves Jane Mangan more than herself!

You are wrong.

I love her more than Jane Mangan does!!! LOL!

Listen, she is a knowledgeable girl, speaks well and comes across well, unlike Jessica Harringtons daughter who ermmm ermmms her way through her analysis.

Never met either, but I like Jane.

On 6/29/2021 at 7:53 PM, MCLARKE said:

I'm probably old and sexist but I just can't abide female football commentators !

Not old and sexist...just calling it straight.

I totally agree. I don't have a problem with some of the female presenters, such as Gabby Logan, Kelly Cates and my fav Laura Woods( all excellent) but I feel some of them get the job just because they are women(EG the girl who co presents the football scores programme on BT Sports)

But the other night, BBC I think...they had some woman doing the commentary, I honestly could not bear it. I flipped stations over to ESPN in the States and they had some guy commentating who was doubly useless. I ended up turning the football off.

It would be interesting to see if a survey was done with the question Are You Happy Watching a Football Game With A Female Commentator? What the percentages would be?

If you think chapman is actually knowledgeable then you actually need to listen to what he says. He can be a good interviewer but so often he has to make it all about himself and that lets him down big time. The worse pundit on tv is Josh Apalfi on Sky. Just woeful and he shouldn’t be anywhere near a microphone. 
Basically it shouldn’t matter what sex you are what colour you are or anything it should be just down to if you can do the job. Sadly some get given opportunities they shouldn’t be getting.

14 hours ago, Darran said:

If you think chapman is actually knowledgeable then you actually need to listen to what he says. He can be a good interviewer but so often he has to make it all about himself and that lets him down big time. The worse pundit on tv is Josh Apalfi on Sky. Just woeful and he shouldn’t be anywhere near a microphone. 
Basically it shouldn’t matter what sex you are what colour you are or anything it should be just down to if you can do the job. Sadly some get given opportunities they shouldn’t be getting.

I don't mind Josh. He is actually an ex jockey who worked for Pipe and he has close connections with the Sherwood yard, so you will sometimes pick up the odd nugget.

Matt Chapman is an entertainer, someone explained him as marmite, which is spot on. But I would rather listen to him than the majority of presenters that ATR and Racing TV use.

As for being knowledgeable. I think he is knowledgeable about the racing industry as a whole, after all he has been part of it for over 20 years, whether or not he is a good pundit, I guess is open to debate. 

The only "pundits" I pay attention to are the Timeform brothers, The Dixons, but even they talk up about half a dozen horses per race.

11 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

I don't mind Josh. He is actually an ex jockey who worked for Pipe and he has close connections with the Sherwood yard, so you will sometimes pick up the odd nugget.

Matt Chapman is an entertainer, someone explained him as marmite, which is spot on. But I would rather listen to him than the majority of presenters that ATR and Racing TV use.

As for being knowledgeable. I think he is knowledgeable about the racing industry as a whole, after all he has been part of it for over 20 years, whether or not he is a good pundit, I guess is open to debate. 

The only "pundits" I pay attention to are the Timeform brothers, The Dixons, but even they talk up about half a dozen horses per race.

Josh talks utter rubbish when it comes to previewing a race. Those connections make him biased towards those yards. He created rewards4racing and he should stick to that side of things. 

I should have made clear that Matt's lack of knowledge relates to the formbook. Ever since he suggested a winning a point to point was like winning a gallop at home on ATR it told me he has very little knowledge on that side of things. His historical knowledge is strong though I will give him that.

The Dixons are very shrewd and well worth paying attention to. Don't forget they wont have had a bet in every race so just because they might talk up a few just means it is an open contest. I think they are pretty honest about if they have backed one or not. The fact they have done so well owning horses backs up how knowledgeable they both are.