Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** August Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd ian309, 3rd Manc **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

Racing Chat - Sunday 27th June

roger2256

Dressedforsuccess runs in the 2.40 at Cartmel and I think he is worth backing e/w. He did us a good turn when winning the maiden hunter chase here on bank holiday Monday and I think there will be more to come going up in trip. He wore down Benefaktor on the long run in that day and as much as the pace duel he was in with the 3rd helped soften him up that is just the way he runs anyway and I think he's a little better than a 103 horse so that suggests to me that there is scope for Dressedforsuccess's mark being on the low side. I also think that the fact he was the only horse to come from behind off the quick pace suggests that he put in a very good performance. The ground has come right for him and he has joined the right trainer for Cartmel. The reason I am going e/w though is because it is a decent enough race for the grade. Peter Bowen's horses are back in form again after he had a very tough time of things last season and his Game Line is progressing well and might be up to defying the rise in the handicap after his last couple of wins. There are a couple of other dangers as well including Wishful Dreaming who hinted he might be able to take advantage of his falling handicap mark, but I think Dressedforsuccess can at least hit the frame and hopefully he can do even better than that.

Dressedforsuccess e/w @ 6/1 with everyone

All prices Bet365:

1.50 Windsor - 1pt e/w Marlay Park @ 9/1
2.25 Uttoxeter - 1pt e/w Telekinetic @ 8/1
2.40 Cartmel - 1pt e/w Nakadam @ 25/1
3.00 Uttoxeter - 1pt e/w Ballon Onabudget @ 11/1
3.35 Uttoxeter - 1pt e/w Minellacelebration @ 11/1
4.30 Windsor - 2pts win Serena's Queen @ 9/2

I have blown all my available time looking at Windsor this morning.  Checking through all the favourites I cannot see three worthy prospects for a Trixie.

Instead I have opted for a few singles bets.

2.20 Mick's Dream £1 win at 4/1

2.50 Four Adaay £1 win at 9/2

3.25 Sword Beach £1 win at 11/1

£3 total stakes so far.

May try and look at the jumps later if I get time

Good luck to all brave punters today

I'm doing another Lucky 15 each way. 

I was looking for extra places. 

Especially these races:

Uttoxeter 

15:00 5 places, 13 horses

16:05 5 places, 14 horses

Cartmel 

16:55 5 places, 12 horses

Curragh

14:30 6 places, 17 geegees. 

YOU'D THINK that there's 21 places for the 56 horses, which means each horse has a 2.66 chance. But we'd hope to cut down that field. 

Anyway, here is my bet for today. 

IMG_20210627_115819.jpg

Expecting more from Longhouse Sale today in the 4:40 at Uttox after he's dropped 10lbs over his last few runs. Superb jumper has already won at this course a couple of times, once over two and a half miles which I think stretches his stamina. This doesn't look the strongest race for the money and hopefully he'll be able to blast them off. Currently 10/3, was 5/1 last night.

4 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Expecting more from Longhouse Sale today in the 4:40 at Uttox after he's dropped 10lbs over his last few runs. Superb jumper has already won at this course a couple of times, once over two and a half miles which I think stretches his stamina. This doesn't look the strongest race for the money and hopefully he'll be able to blast them off. Currently 10/3, was 5/1 last night.

Under pressure from 3 out, might just have held on with a smoother jump at the last but disappointing really.

6 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I have blown all my available time looking at Windsor this morning.  Checking through all the favourites I cannot see three worthy prospects for a Trixie.

Instead I have opted for a few singles bets.

2.20 Mick's Dream £1 win at 4/1

2.50 Four Adaay £1 win at 9/2

3.25 Sword Beach £1 win at 11/1

£3 total stakes so far.

May try and look at the jumps later if I get time

Good luck to all brave punters today

RESULTS UPDATE

No winners but came close.  Quite annoying that Mick's Dream ran badly then Roger Teal's other runner Whenthedealinsdone beats my selection Four Adaay by 3/4 length.  Hoho that's racing for you.  I must admit that I did another 4 selection and got out for a £2.21 profit subsequently.  This of course does not show in my balance as these were not published

My new balance is £773.25 (Bank £1022.56)