** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - July 26 - August 1

5 hours ago, 38sdk1 said:

What. Just. Happened?

I was working, so only half-watching, with the sound down. How did Djokovic lose that after the 6-1 first set?

Was he a set and a break up, or not?

4 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Yes he broke to 3-2 in second set but got broken back to 3-3. Zverev outmuscled him I guess.

Zverev was way better than Djokovic throughout the match. I had placed a 285€ bet on Zverev to win a medal so I'm feeling very grateful to him for this win. Now I want him to win the gold medal?, as I've invested in this prospect as well. 

Challenger Lexington: Escobedo - King 2 @3.64 with Marathonbet

Darian King made return after 1 year without tennis in February. He didn't have much success till this tournament, where he obviously found form with quality that he definetly has. He was already 106. on ATP rankings 4 years ago. Here he won against very good Cressy in last round, he was also big underdog in another match. While I expected much lower odds on him, this is a must try for me. Escobedo didn't show much this year, his last match against Sid Subervi was very average on his serve, King could use it by easier hold of his service games. Good luck.

Ruud v Martinez

Pre match lay of Ruud - Betfair 1.34

I make Ruud a slight favourite for this match, so his price of 1.34 seems very poor value.

As previously documented in this thread Ruud has had a hard couple of weeks and is also maybe carrying a small injury, that makes this smallish risk lay a good proposition, if he loses the first set i will hedge out for an even profit, if he wins the first set i will let it run.

Karen Khachanov (+1.5 sets) to beat Alexander Zverev at 1.86 with Pinnacle

I think Zverev is getting a bit too much credit with these odds. Understandable given that he beat Djokovic, but the pressure and nerves will be in play today and Khachanov has shown a bit more grit over the course of the tournament I feel. With the Russian playing well and with Zverev not being the most mentally resilient player around, I like the set handicap here.