** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - July 26 - August 1

• 1 month later...

Well, the first batch of matches didn't bring us all that many surprises, it just seems like the tournament is well set up for Djokovic to win. I saw a couple of matches, Basilashvili was hilarious. He really didn't want to be out there, frustrated as heck, but won so comfortably that he couldn't even throw the match away! Should be a fun clash with Sonego.

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Well, the first batch of matches didn't bring us all that many surprises, it just seems like the tournament is well set up for Djokovic to win. I saw a couple of matches, Basilashvili was hilarious. He really didn't want to be out there, frustrated as heck, but won so comfortably that he couldn't even throw the match away! Should be a fun clash with Sonego.

Zverev should be a major threat. Also, Djokovic doesn't seem to perform at his usual level when he's playing in empty stadiums. He really loves the energy coming from the crowd. He always absorbs that energy and uses it to raise his game, no matter if the crowd supports him or his opponent. Anyway, I really believe Zverev can stop him in Tokyo. We'll see what happens. 

Edited by Foo_Fighter

1 hour ago, i2ickytang said:

anyone like careno busta over cilic today...i was thinkin of hammering careno busta

Yes, I think CBP should be able to get over Cilic.

I also like the last-min replacement in Max Purcell to beat Koepfer @2.60 with Unibet.  He served and played well in the 1st round to beat Augur Aliassime.  He was initially entered to play in the men's double of this Olympic.

Stefano Travaglia to beat Holger Rune at 1.93 with Pinnacle

Rune seems ripe for a letdown somewhere and his performance against Martin wasn't too convincing. Travaglia has a poor form this year, but, to be fair, he was playing main events instead of Challengers like Rune. This looks like a good opportunity to get somewhere and I think he's still the better player of the two all things considered.

LMFAO . Virtually impossible to play a 2 set match, have 21 break points and lose in straight sets. He didn't take one of his first 17 break points. Surely that's a record? How is it possible to face 21 break points in your 10 serve games and still win?

Basket case for the day has to go to Jaume Munar, losing to some unknown in the ATP at Kitzbuhel. Beyond Belief. When 5-4 down in the second set he was actually up 15-40, but flushed those two break points down the bog, together with his foot & a half  long coil in the 1st set.

Is the fix in?

Zanevska plays Kucova yesterday. Zanevska is 0-3 down first set. Comes back to win (6-1 run of games), taking the set 6-4

Second set, LOL, down 0-3 again. Comes back to lead it (5-0 run of games)  to be up 5-3 and then win it in breaker.

Edited by neilovan

Nikoloz Basilashvili (+1.5 sets) to beat Alexander Zverev at 3.38 with Pinnacle

This will be the first challenge for Zverev, hard to gauge where he's at based on his matches against Lu and Galan, who are poor by ATP standards. Basilashvili did well against Sonego and he has that upset potential in him. I wouldn't play this at 2.50, but I'm more than happy to back the upset at 3.38. It's just a set, after all.

Maximilian Marterer to beat Giulio Zeppieri at 1.73 with William Hill

I watched a bit of Zeppieri against Sakamoto yesterday and I didn't like the Italian. If this wasn't on Italian ground, Marterer would be much shorter I reckon. I like that he's already had to play here, though, that means he's at least somewhat motivated. 

Mikael Ymer to beat (+1.5 sets) Casper Ruud at 2.00 with Betfair

Not mutch to say about this. Casper has played 2 weeks straight and won two tournaments these past two weeks and he had problems yesterday and Mikael has taken sets off of Casper before in two meetings and winning one of them. Mikael has played better this week than he did last week when facing Vit Kopriva. I think he has a chance in this match.

Period after Wimbledon is actually very sucessfull for me, but as I played mostly combos and some lower odds didn´t post here lately much. As I also see, most people post/comment just when there is GS, but don´t even know players outside top 100. Which is sad for serious bettors, since it´s easier to find some value as you are familiar from all tournaments from GS down to challengers. And as I learned in previous month, grand slams are no ´´safer´´ option to bet as they were like some years ago. Here is one tip for today.

Zverev - Chardy; Chardy +4.5 games @2.04 with WWin

Chardy has an excellent tournament here. He managed to win against Barrios, Karatsev and yesterday Broady, who has good season. Zverev had only 2BP against Basilashvili, but used them both to get close win. Chardy fired 16 aces per match, which will be tough even for Zverev if he doesn´t feel good on return. As we see from H2H matches, no match was easy for the German and I expect Chardy to cover HC line.

123.png

On 7/25/2021 at 12:05 AM, Foo_Fighter said:

Zverev should be a major threat. Also, Djokovic doesn't seem to perform at his usual level when he's playing in empty stadiums. He really loves the energy coming from the crowd. He always absorbs that energy and uses it to raise his game, no matter if the crowd supports him or his opponent. Anyway, I really believe Zverev can stop him in Tokyo. We'll see what happens. https://www.itftennis.com/en/news-and-media/articles/tokyo-2020-olympic-tennis-sponsored-by-betting.co.uk-event-draw-mens-and-womens-singles-and-doubles/

Agree on that. Zverev is an amazing player, very talented and I love to watch his games.

Emil Ruusuvuori to beat Benoit Paire at 1.57 with Unibet

Taking this before the match gets underway because I think the finn Emil has a heavy groundstroke capability which carried him all the way in his last match and his serve is decent plus Benoit often goes missing in the rallies and rarely goes on a streak on hardcourt and doesn't even win twice in a row nowadays on any surface.

Edited by four-leaf

4 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Hi and welcome to the forum @richwal! Also, good luck! At least someone has to have some now that I see Marterer losing the second set from a break lead and now throwing the third away from *4-1! Edit: He's actually done it and won!

Nice to get back to winning ways both for you and Marterer. Btw I've seen Marterer live beating Nico Almagro in Stockholm qualies when he was 6 years younger.

If anyone is feeling insecure about Ruusuvuori I'd say it's safe to say he is a lot like his retired countryman Jarkko Nieminen and Jarkko often gave Benoit a hard time, their head to head was 2-1 for Jarkko and the match he lost he won first set 6-0 on clay which was his worst surface. I'd say Jarkko has something to do with Emils game.

paire.thumb.jpg.e463b42ad90d78c65c0c8eea2c96c21f.jpg

This guy Benoit Paire never seizes to amaze me. During the break for third set Emil took a t-break and Benoit started halfsleeping on the bench. And that after making 4 double faults in the last game of second set in which game he got broken and lost it. He also threw a waterbottle on the court.

Casper Ruud had a small niggling injury on his foot. Not a fracture or anything, just able to be treated with some tape but still he was completely gone till Mikael Ymer started throwing the match away as usual. Another player would have won that match by converting that one matchpoint which the swede had at serve 5-4 and missed and also as usual that became his undoing and the mentally fragile swede just did his job for my part but that's enough.