** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Sunday 20th June

The opener at Worcester features a horse I know very well in Master Sunrise and I think he is worth backing. First I will take a quick look at some of the dangers.

King Golan is clearly an improved horse for the change of yard but he is 17lbs higher than his hurdle runs at Huntingdon and Hexham going back over fences. 

Debden Bank won well at Southwell when last seen in December, but that came on soft ground and I don't think the 2nd is as good on soft ground as he is on better ground so the form might be a bit suspect. Stamina unknown as well.

Caviciana has been running fairly consistently over hurdles both in May and last summer and autumn. Just ran out of steam last time, but that was his first run since November so likely to come on for that.

Taboo is 0/26 under rules and she is inconsistent as well as much as she has finished a close 2nd on 2 of her last 3 runs.

Arthur's Reuben has been in good form although was a bit disappointing last time. Back down 3lbs will help though, but his win came off 76.

Master Sunrise can be a very hard ride, but he has the right jockey on board for that as James has been riding out of his skin this year. He won off 90 back in July 2019 over course and distance and then he mainly lost his form after that. He has won two points the last 2 months and although the first was a fairly simple task, the 2nd was a good effort in the context of this race. He could bomb out as he does have two ways of running, but he usually runs well here and he is off a mark he can win off. 

To me King Golan and Caviciana look the main dangers, but Master Sunrise looks to have a fair e/w chance.

Master Sunrise e/w @ 16/1 with Bet365 or 14/1 with everyone else to 4 places

In the 2.00 I am hoping Monsieur Gibraltar can get back to winning ways. I really fancied him a handicap last summer off a mark of 138 only for him to come out on the day. Therefore I am very interested in backing him off 126 this afternoon. Both runs in 2021 can be forgiven for me. He travelled really well for a long way at Fakenham, but just didn't see it out on his first run for over a year and I think it was his jockey's first ride back as well which also didn't help. Maxwell had ridden some poor races last season, but the worst of them was arguably the one he gave him at Stratford in the handicap hunter chase. Him and Alcala went way too fast and not surprisingly both tired very badly in the home straight. That run should bring him on again as well given it was 2 months after the Fakenham effort. I am slightly concerned he might just not be as good as he was, but I have seen enough to think he can win a race like this. I also imagine his trainer must think he is handicapped to win as well. The other big plus is that his owner isn't riding him. I have no idea why Maxwell has stopped riding as I have noticed that he also wasn't on one of his a couple of weeks ago. Given the season he had though it might just be he wanted to take a break, but like I say the fact he isn't on is a plus.

They might well make the running with him as Princeton Royale is the only other one who is usually handy so he could get a nice lead with most of the others all hold up horses. Danse Idol has stuck to mares only races and has a chance as long as she does better than she did at Ludlow last time. Buster Thomas was a bit disappointing last time although ran well at Chepstow the time before over further. He is finding it hard to actually win one of these though and his placings mean he doesn't really get any respite from the handicapper. I suspect the main danger will be Whoshotwho who ran really well at Warwick in May after being off the track since December 2019. He was poor at Perth 10 days later, but there is every chance he bounced that day. If he repeats the Warwick run he will go close. 

Ultimately though this isn't a strong contest and if Monsieur Gibraltar can run up to his 2019 form then I think he wins.

Monsieur Gibraltar @ 3/1 with everyone bar Bet365

All prices Bet365:

1.30 Worcester - 1pt e/w Arthur's Reuben @ 8/1
2.35 Worcester - 2pts win Veiled Secret @ 9/2
3.25 Pontefract - 2pts win Queen Daenerys @ 5/1
3.35 Worcester - 1pt e/w Court Royale @ 25/1
4.05 Worcester - 2pts win Ballyellis @ 5/1
4.15 Hexham - 1pt e/w Percussion @ 12/1
5.25 Pontefract - 1pt win Adaay Dream @ 13/2

My bets and Trixie today is at Pontefract:

2.55 Iconic Queen 13/5

3.25 Urban Artist 15/8

3.55 Let Me Be 4/1

£1 win Trixie = £4 = £94.47 if all 3 win

Singles bets:

1.45 Shouldhavebeenmore (PH) £1 win at 12/1

2.20 Moon Bay (PH) £1 win at 9/1

3.25 Golden Pass £1 win at 5/1

3.55 Selsey Sizzler £2 win at 4.2 = £6.08 if it wins

4.25 Furzig (PH) £1 win at 5/1

4.55 Dream Camelot (RK) £1 win at 7/1

5.25 Music Society (TE T) £1 win at 15/2

Total stakes £12.00

Good luck to all betting today

7 hours ago, Ironjoe said:

Pontefract

2 55 the flying ginger 9/4 2pt win Win (settle at sp 6/4 as unsure what rule4 at the moment)

3.25 eileendover 13/2 2pt win

5.25 mr wagyu 11/4 1pt win

Chantilly 3.00 joan of arc 11/2 2pt win Win

0.1 lucky 15 1.5pts total

Good luck ?

8.5 out

20.5 return

12 points profit

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My bets and Trixie today is at Pontefract:

2.55 Iconic Queen 13/5

3.25 Urban Artist 15/8

3.55 Let Me Be 4/1

£1 win Trixie = £4 = £94.47 if all 3 win

Singles bets:

1.45 Shouldhavebeenmore (PH) £1 win at 12/1

2.20 Moon Bay (PH) £1 win at 9/1

3.25 Golden Pass £1 win at 5/1

3.55 Selsey Sizzler £2 win at 4.2 = £6.08 if it wins

4.25 Furzig (PH) £1 win at 5/1

4.55 Dream Camelot (RK) £1 win at 7/1

5.25 Music Society (TE T) £1 win at 15/2

Total stakes £12.00

Good luck to all betting today

RESULTS UPDATE

I am quite pleased with today's results.  Two selections beaten by a head; one double as there was a non-runner and a winner with Music Society winning for me at 15/2. though SP was a hugely reduced figure of 7/2; those bookies want it every way for themselves don't they?  Anyway, despite the small profit of £1.50 I feel that looking at the trainers' stats definitely helped me today.

My new balance is now £812.93 (Bank £1056.22)

One flat meeting in the afternoon and two in the evening tomorrow for the UK.  Looks like the main top jockeys are at Windsor in the evening with an inspection tomorrow morning and forecast Heavy going.