Jump to content
Announcements
*** York Ebor Competition: Well done to 1st daveg, 2nd glavintobuy & 3rd Donnyflyer ***
** August Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd ian309, 3rd Manc **
** August Naps Competition Result: 1st Zidane123, 2nd Adamross, 3rd Wanderlust, 4th Rainbow. KO Cup Winner: Peter York, Most Winners: Alastair **

Racing Chat - Saturday 19th June


Recommended Posts

At last we know what the ground will be tomorrow – very soft !! Its mudlarks were looking for so here we go with my thoughts on the last day.

 

Ascot 2.30

The 7F Chesham Stakes kicks off proceedings on the final day and can go to the Aidan O’Brien hot pot Point Lonsdale who looked something special when winning at The Curragh on his debut in June by 5 1/2L on yielding ground. O’Brien has won this event three times in the last five years with a smart juvenile and looks something to bet on here. Charlie Appleby supplies the chief danger in New Science who impressed when winning at Yarmouth on his debut although that was on good ground. Recent Newbury maiden winner Great Max is highly regarded although his win was gained on good to firm ground. The only other pieces of soft ground form come form Masekela who won on soft and outsider Radio Caroline who won on heavy but I’ll stick with the O’Brien hotpot to get us off to a flyer. 

POINT LONSDALE 2 points win 13/8 BetVictor

 

Ascot 3.05

19 go to post for the Jersey Stakes and my short list comprises of the Godolphin runner Creative Force who’s stepping up to 7F here for the first time and did a very good piece of work last weekend but his stamina will be tested on this ground.. Bellosa is unbeaten in two runs at 7F and this filly is very much on the upgrade but is unproven on soft whilst Tactical is another who could be competitive. The best soft ground form is brought into the race by the O’Brien runner Khartoum who is two from two on soft ground and well berthed in stall 18. He’ll do for me here. 

KHARTOUM 1 point each way 7/1 William Hill 1/5th 12345

 

Ascot 3.40

A high quality renewal of the Hardwicke with 15 going to post including a quartet of runners from the Aidan O’Brien camp. Ryan Moore has picked Broome and looks the best of the four. Hukum should be in the mix for Owen Burrows whilst William Haggas saddles Ilaraab who’s chasing a seven timer here stepping up into group company for the first time and has won on soft. 2019 St Leger winner Logician is a lot better than he’s shown recently and is apparently been working well under Martin Harley at Newmarket but the ground may have gone against him. Wonderful Tonight is a real mudlark who makes her seasonal debut here and looks sure to run a big race although her trainer did say that she will need this run. Albaflora will love the ground and is another who could outrun her odds. 

WONDERFUL TONIGHT 2 points win 4/1 Bet365

ALBAFLORA 1 point each way 6/1 1/5th Bet365 1234

 

Ascot 4.20

14 of the best sprinters around line up for the 6F Group 1 Golden Jubilee Stakes. The ground is the key to the Ed Walker trained Starman who ideally needs fast ground though he did get away with good to soft when winning at York on his re-appearance from Nahaarr who re-opposes here.It wouldn’t be a shock to see Ed walker pull Starman out.  Dream Of Dreams has been runner up in this event for the last two years and should be thereabouts also on ground he won’t mind. Glen Shiel won the Group 1 on Champions Day here last October on similar ground and along with Art Power will love this ground. The ground wont be an issue for Dream Of Dreams and he’s the selection ahead of Glen Shiel. 

DREAM OF DREAMS 2 points win 3/1 Bet365

GLEN SHIEL 1 point each way 15/2 1/5th 1234

 

Ascot 5.00

A maximum field of 28 go to post for this year’s Wokingham Handicap. Kings Lynn is very well handicapped and the most likely winner as he is 7lb well in here and wasn’t disgraced on Tuesday in the Kings Stand over 5F where he didn’t get the splits at the right time. There’s plenty to like about him bar the price so I’ll be looking elsewhere for some value. Pendleton comes here in top form following his York win and loves the mud and hopefully stall 2 will be no deterrence as he can bag the far rail. He looks sure to go well. He may not have the best draw in stall 13 but I can’t let soft ground specialist Air Raid run without a wager. He’s 5 from 8 on soft/heavy ground and can run well. I must also give a mention to Punchbowl Flyer who loves the ground. 

PENDELTON 1 1/2 points each way William Hill 17/2 1/5th 123456

AIR RAID ½ point each way 25/1 William Hill 1/5th 123456

 

Ascot 5.35

The second running of the Golden Gates Handicap is run over 10F for three year olds. Another tough looking handicap with handicap debutants from the Varian yard - Foxes Tales and Alfaadhel both capable of a big run if handling with the conditions. Stay Well is also of interest on his handicap debut as he was touted by his trainer Hughie Morrison as a Derby hope when winning impressively at Windsor before getting stuck in the mud at Lingfield in their Derby trial. King Frankel was a shade unlucky when only getting going late at Epsom last time and despite a 3lb rise maybe the one to beat all the unexposed handicap debutants. Trained by Mark Johnstone and ridden by Frankie Dettori he looks sure to be bang there and is proven on soft ground. But the selection has to be Richard Fahey’s Seasett who is a real mudlark and has sneaked in to the race as first reseve. His owner Nick Bradley said in the Racing Post last week that this was his nap of the meeting and with conditions in his favour can take this. 

SEASETT 2 points each way  13/2 Paddy Power 1/5th 12345

 

Ascot 6.10

The final race of the meeting is the stamina sapping Queen Alexandra Stakes run over 2m 5 1/2F. The last two winners of this race are back for more in Cleonte and Who Dares Wins. Dermot Weld saddles his Chester Cup winner Falcon Eight and he looks sure to stay and is my selection. Frankie Dettori was on board then and retains the ride. My best outsider who be the Paul Nicholls trained Scaramanga to be ridden by his daughter Megan. He arrives in good form having won two handicap hurdles in the Spring and although he’s hard to fancy on his flat form if he can translate his decent NH form where he’s rated 141 to the track it would put him right in the mix. . Stag Horn is another who will love conditions and is my saver in the race. 

FALCON EIGHT 2 points win 9/2 Bet365

STAG HORN 1 point each way 11/2 1/5th 1234

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

WOKINGHAM

Having two really  decent e/w bets in this  last years winner which i had at 40/1 returned 18/1 HEY JONESY  is my first selection only 1lb higher the soft ground will be no problem and currently  around 25/1 will do for me  my second selection is last years 4th  really  decent horse  and looks big threat in this GULLIVER and  around 18/1 is fair enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My picks today done in various combos 14 bets.

1.30 Perth Thisonesforollie 6/1 - Lost

1.50 Redcar Out Of Breath 10/11 - Won

3.00 Redcar Cruyff Turn 2/1 - Won

3.35 Redcar Navajo Spring 13/8 - Lost

6.00 Haydock Maytal 4/5 - Won

7.20 Lingfield Shuthoor 9/2 - Lost

7.50 Lingfield Foden 5/2 - Won

8.05 Haydock Rains Of Castamere 5/2 - Won

8.20 Lingfield Inner Circle 9/5 - Lost

8.35 Haydock Billy Roberts 8/1 - Lost

8.50 Lingfield Canoodled 6/4 - Won

Good luck all CNBB.

 

Edited by cannotbebeat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

My Ascot Trixie today is

4.20 Dream Of Dreams (RM) 11/4

5.00 Kings Lynn (RM) 7/2

6.10 Falcon Eight (FD) 10/3

£1 Trixie = £4 = £137.91  if all three win

Singles at Ascot:

2.30 New Science (WB) £1 win at 13/2

3.05 Creative Force (JD) £1 win at 11/2

3.40 Hukum (JC) £1 win at 7/1

4.20 Nahaarr (TM) £1 win at 9/2

5.00 Mr Lupton (PH) £1 win at 14/1

5.35 Fantastic Fox (SDS) £1 win at 6/1

6.10 Stratum (RM) £1win at 9/2

Total stakes today £11.00

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2021 at 6:27 PM, The Brigadier said:

At last we know what the ground will be tomorrow – very soft !! Its mudlarks were looking for so here we go with my thoughts on the last day.

 

Ascot 2.30

The 7F Chesham Stakes kicks off proceedings on the final day and can go to the Aidan O’Brien hot pot Point Lonsdale who looked something special when winning at The Curragh on his debut in June by 5 1/2L on yielding ground. O’Brien has won this event three times in the last five years with a smart juvenile and looks something to bet on here. Charlie Appleby supplies the chief danger in New Science who impressed when winning at Yarmouth on his debut although that was on good ground. Recent Newbury maiden winner Great Max is highly regarded although his win was gained on good to firm ground. The only other pieces of soft ground form come form Masekela who won on soft and outsider Radio Caroline who won on heavy but I’ll stick with the O’Brien hotpot to get us off to a flyer. 

POINT LONSDALE 2 points win 13/8 BetVictor

 

Ascot 3.05

19 go to post for the Jersey Stakes and my short list comprises of the Godolphin runner Creative Force who’s stepping up to 7F here for the first time and did a very good piece of work last weekend but his stamina will be tested on this ground.. Bellosa is unbeaten in two runs at 7F and this filly is very much on the upgrade but is unproven on soft whilst Tactical is another who could be competitive. The best soft ground form is brought into the race by the O’Brien runner Khartoum who is two from two on soft ground and well berthed in stall 18. He’ll do for me here. 

KHARTOUM 1 point each way 7/1 William Hill 1/5th 12345

 

Ascot 3.40

A high quality renewal of the Hardwicke with 15 going to post including a quartet of runners from the Aidan O’Brien camp. Ryan Moore has picked Broome and looks the best of the four. Hukum should be in the mix for Owen Burrows whilst William Haggas saddles Ilaraab who’s chasing a seven timer here stepping up into group company for the first time and has won on soft. 2019 St Leger winner Logician is a lot better than he’s shown recently and is apparently been working well under Martin Harley at Newmarket but the ground may have gone against him. Wonderful Tonight is a real mudlark who makes her seasonal debut here and looks sure to run a big race although her trainer did say that she will need this run. Albaflora will love the ground and is another who could outrun her odds. 

WONDERFUL TONIGHT 2 points win 4/1 Bet365

ALBAFLORA 1 point each way 6/1 1/5th Bet365 1234

 

Ascot 4.20

14 of the best sprinters around line up for the 6F Group 1 Golden Jubilee Stakes. The ground is the key to the Ed Walker trained Starman who ideally needs fast ground though he did get away with good to soft when winning at York on his re-appearance from Nahaarr who re-opposes here.It wouldn’t be a shock to see Ed walker pull Starman out.  Dream Of Dreams has been runner up in this event for the last two years and should be thereabouts also on ground he won’t mind. Glen Shiel won the Group 1 on Champions Day here last October on similar ground and along with Art Power will love this ground. The ground wont be an issue for Dream Of Dreams and he’s the selection ahead of Glen Shiel. 

DREAM OF DREAMS 2 points win 3/1 Bet365

GLEN SHIEL 1 point each way 15/2 1/5th 1234

 

Ascot 5.00

A maximum field of 28 go to post for this year’s Wokingham Handicap. Kings Lynn is very well handicapped and the most likely winner as he is 7lb well in here and wasn’t disgraced on Tuesday in the Kings Stand over 5F where he didn’t get the splits at the right time. There’s plenty to like about him bar the price so I’ll be looking elsewhere for some value. Pendleton comes here in top form following his York win and loves the mud and hopefully stall 2 will be no deterrence as he can bag the far rail. He looks sure to go well. He may not have the best draw in stall 13 but I can’t let soft ground specialist Air Raid run without a wager. He’s 5 from 8 on soft/heavy ground and can run well. I must also give a mention to Punchbowl Flyer who loves the ground. 

PENDELTON 1 1/2 points each way William Hill 17/2 1/5th 123456

AIR RAID ½ point each way 25/1 William Hill 1/5th 123456

 

Ascot 5.35

The second running of the Golden Gates Handicap is run over 10F for three year olds. Another tough looking handicap with handicap debutants from the Varian yard - Foxes Tales and Alfaadhel both capable of a big run if handling with the conditions. Stay Well is also of interest on his handicap debut as he was touted by his trainer Hughie Morrison as a Derby hope when winning impressively at Windsor before getting stuck in the mud at Lingfield in their Derby trial. King Frankel was a shade unlucky when only getting going late at Epsom last time and despite a 3lb rise maybe the one to beat all the unexposed handicap debutants. Trained by Mark Johnstone and ridden by Frankie Dettori he looks sure to be bang there and is proven on soft ground. But the selection has to be Richard Fahey’s Seasett who is a real mudlark and has sneaked in to the race as first reseve. His owner Nick Bradley said in the Racing Post last week that this was his nap of the meeting and with conditions in his favour can take this. 

SEASETT 2 points each way  13/2 Paddy Power 1/5th 12345

 

Ascot 6.10

The final race of the meeting is the stamina sapping Queen Alexandra Stakes run over 2m 5 1/2F. The last two winners of this race are back for more in Cleonte and Who Dares Wins. Dermot Weld saddles his Chester Cup winner Falcon Eight and he looks sure to stay and is my selection. Frankie Dettori was on board then and retains the ride. My best outsider who be the Paul Nicholls trained Scaramanga to be ridden by his daughter Megan. He arrives in good form having won two handicap hurdles in the Spring and although he’s hard to fancy on his flat form if he can translate his decent NH form where he’s rated 141 to the track it would put him right in the mix. . Stag Horn is another who will love conditions and is my saver in the race. 

FALCON EIGHT 2 points win 9/2 Bet365

STAG HORN 1 point each way 11/2 1/5th 1234

 

 

 

A profit of 5.75 points on the day making it a profit of 7.83 points on the week. Time for some rest !!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

My Ascot Trixie today is

4.20 Dream Of Dreams (RM) 11/4

5.00 Kings Lynn (RM) 7/2

6.10 Falcon Eight (FD) 10/3

£1 Trixie = £4 = £137.91  if all three win

Singles at Ascot:

2.30 New Science (WB) £1 win at 13/2

3.05 Creative Force (JD) £1 win at 11/2

3.40 Hukum (JC) £1 win at 7/1

4.20 Nahaarr (TM) £1 win at 9/2

5.00 Mr Lupton (PH) £1 win at 14/1

5.35 Fantastic Fox (SDS) £1 win at 6/1

6.10 Stratum (RM) £1win at 9/2

Total stakes today £11.00

RESULTS UPDATE

Three winners today but only one in my Trixie.  At least the winners paid for the losers today and I made a tiny profit of £1.00.  This means that my new balance is now £811.43 (Bank £1056.22).   Not a good Royal Ascot for me.  I'm glad I latterly restricted my stakes in half at least saved some money.  One reason why I chose Stratum for my win bet was because of the trainer Willie Mullins (Pity I didn't put that one in my Trixie as opposed to the hyped up Falcon Eight that apparently didn't like the going and got beat 24.75 lengths).  Anyway that has got me thinking that I should not only look at the jockey bookings for my selections but  look at the trainers runners as well at each venue. This is of course more cumbersome but I may be able to match them up with jockeys and get some good idea without having to do too much research.  Just a thought.

One flat UK meeting at Pontefract tomorrow and two over the jumps.  Should be interesting

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Tedthewolf said:

WOKINGHAM

Having two really  decent e/w bets in this  last years winner which i had at 40/1 returned 18/1 HEY JONESY  is my first selection only 1lb higher the soft ground will be no problem and currently  around 25/1 will do for me  my second selection is last years 4th  really  decent horse  and looks big threat in this GULLIVER and  around 18/1 is fair enough.

Both placed  5th  & 6th decent handicapers may be worth  keeping an eye on esp if they drop   down  a few ibs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...