Jump to content
Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** June Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Like2Fish, 3rd McG **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

Racing Chat- Thursday 17th June


Recommended Posts

Day Three of Royal Ascot and its very tricky to predict what the ground is likely to be with a band of thunderstorms coming up from the South. So a word of caution regarding punting and it maybe worth waiting till the morning to see how the ground lies before departing with any of our hard earned. Anyway here’s my initial thoughts.

 

Ascot 230

16 go to post for the Norfolk Stakes run over 5F for 2 year olds. Once again as with all the juvenile races this week we have the added puzzle of not one but two Wesley Ward youngsters. Lucci and Nakatomi are both winners of one on firm ground and on a dirt surface respectively. One may well win but from a punting aspect I’m happy to ignore and with the two collectively taking a fair chunk out of the market I’m looking for some value elsewhere. Aidan O’Brien’s Cadamosto is my idea of the winner with Ryan Moore in the saddle. He was impressive when winning at Dundalk on his debut in April and staggeringly has been pulled out on the day of the race four times since for various reasons (twice because of soft ground). If the rain did come in buckets then I would be against both the American horses and Cadamosto and would probably take a chance with soft ground Ascot winner Go Bears Go. A hard race to get a handle on without knowing how much rain will fall on the Berkshire course. 

On good ground CADAMOSTO 1 point each way @ 11/2 Bet 365 1/5th 1234

On soft ground GO BEARS GO 1 point each way @ 10/1 Bet 365 1/5th 1234

 

Ascot 305

The ground is crucial once again here for the 10F Hampton Court Stakes. I would be very strong on William Haggas’s Mohaafeth who missed the Derby on fast ground but if the forecast is right they may well be unlucky again. On fast ground he would be worth a good bet. If the ground turns then the penalised One Ruler who has plenty of smart juvenile form on soft ground to his name and comes here on the back of 6th’s in the 2000 Guineas and Derby could be the answer. This is one race where the ground is crucial. 

MOHAAFETH 3 points win @ 15/8 William Hill  (no bet if ground good to soft or worse)

 

Ascot 340

The Ascot Oaks - the Ribblesdale Stakes over 12F has a field of 13 with the Epsom Oaks form represented by Aidan O’Brien’s Divinely who was 3rd and Dubai Fountain who was way down the field in 12th. Eshaada is a very interesting runner who needed her comeback run but still won at Newbury from Gloria Mundi and is suited by soft ground so the more rain that falls the better for her. She’ll improve for the step up as well and looks to my eyes to have a big chance. Sir Michael Stoute’s runner Noon Star’s 2nd spot in the Musidora looked disappointing at the time but to run the subsequent runaway Oaks winner Snowfall to  3 3/4L was no mean feat and she must go well here stepping up in trip having missed Epsom with a slight issue. Hard to split Eshaada and Noon Star with preference just for the latter. 

NOON STAR 3 points win @ 5/2 Bet365

 

Ascot 415

The 2m 4F Ascot Gold Cup has been won the last three years by the superstar stayer of John Gosden’s Stradivarius and he’s out here to equal Yeats record of four Ascot Gold Cups between 2006-2009. He’s won 6 of his 9 starts at the track with arguably his best ever effort coming last year on soft ground when showing an amazing turn of foot for a stayer. Frankie Dettori knows him in and out and don’t be surprised if he’s coltish before proceedings - that’s just him. I hope he wins and I also think he will win. Any rain will be in favour of Trueshan who was so impressive here over 2 miles on Champions Day last Autumn but he needs Autumn soft rather than Summer soft! Subjectivist was last seen winning the Dubai Gold Cup in March but he’s never raced beyond 2 miles though should stay this extreme trip. It promises to be one of the races of the meeting and I’m with Stradivarius. 

STRADIVARIUS  4 points win @ 11/10 Bet365

 

Ascot 5.00

30 go to post over the straight mile for this years Britannia Handicap and as always it looks wide open. I can pass on a good word for the Sir Mark Prescott trained Royal Pleasure but if I had a choice I would want to be with the high numbers and he’s berthed in stall 3. Mithras looks to have a very solid chance exiting from stall 15. He won at Newbury prior to being outclassed in the Heron Stakes at Sandown. Raadobarg will appreciate any rain and despite a 11lb rise for Haydock can be involved in the shake up also. They would be my two against the field with slight preference for the Roger Varian trained Raadobarg in the hope the rain gets into the ground from a nice draw of 24. 

RAADOBARG 1.5 point each way @ 15/2 Bet365 ¼ 1234

 

Ascot 5.35

A maximum turn out of 19 for the King George V handicap. Top weight Sir Lamorak is a very interesting runner of Aidan O’Brien’s who was touted as a Derby contender earlier in the season. Stepping up in trip will surely suit and can be a major player. There are many other progressive three year olds that will appreciate the longer trip including Siskany of Gidolphin’s. John Gosden is represented by handicap debutants  First Light and Marshall Plan with preference for the former ridden by Frankie Dettori. Roger Varian saddles handicap debutant Nagano who’s a winner on good to soft so won’t mind the conditions. The draw is important here with those drawn out wide up against it from the word go and the selection is First Light who’s nicely berthed in stall 7 and won his maiden on soft ground by 12L so won’t mind if the ground eases. 

FIRST LIGHT 1 point each way @ 5/1 1/5th 123456

 

Ascot 6.10

The 7F Buckingham Palace Handicap was resurrected last season following a 6 year break and is a typically hard handicap to solve. Boardman is a horse I want on my side and he won’t mind the ground softening up a bit although he could of been better drawn than stall 9 but he has to be on my staking plan. Aldaary was given too much to do at Goodwood from Jim Crowley and if the ground was to ease considerably he would have to be a major player here. He’s tongue tied for the first time here and has winning course form. The other horse I like is the Roger Varian trained Lord Campari who is making his handicap debut, is lightly raced and was last seen when running 6th in the Group 1 Lockinge Stakes at Newbury. He’s got form on slow ground and ticks all the boxes.  

ALDAARY 1.5 points each way @   6/1 Betfred 1/5th 123456

LORD CAMPARI 1 point each way @ 12/1 Bet365 ¼ 12345

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, The Brigadier said:

Day Three of Royal Ascot and its very tricky to predict what the ground is likely to be with a band of thunderstorms coming up from the South. So a word of caution regarding punting and it maybe worth waiting till the morning to see how the ground lies before departing with any of our hard earned. Anyway here’s my initial thoughts.

 

Ascot 230

16 go to post for the Norfolk Stakes run over 5F for 2 year olds. Once again as with all the juvenile races this week we have the added puzzle of not one but two Wesley Ward youngsters. Lucci and Nakatomi are both winners of one on firm ground and on a dirt surface respectively. One may well win but from a punting aspect I’m happy to ignore and with the two collectively taking a fair chunk out of the market I’m looking for some value elsewhere. Aidan O’Brien’s Cadamosto is my idea of the winner with Ryan Moore in the saddle. He was impressive when winning at Dundalk on his debut in April and staggeringly has been pulled out on the day of the race four times since for various reasons (twice because of soft ground). If the rain did come in buckets then I would be against both the American horses and Cadamosto and would probably take a chance with soft ground Ascot winner Go Bears Go. A hard race to get a handle on without knowing how much rain will fall on the Berkshire course. 

On good ground CADAMOSTO 1 point each way @ 11/2 Bet 365 1/5th 1234

On soft ground GO BEARS GO 1 point each way @ 10/1 Bet 365 1/5th 1234

 

Ascot 305

The ground is crucial once again here for the 10F Hampton Court Stakes. I would be very strong on William Haggas’s Mohaafeth who missed the Derby on fast ground but if the forecast is right they may well be unlucky again. On fast ground he would be worth a good bet. If the ground turns then the penalised One Ruler who has plenty of smart juvenile form on soft ground to his name and comes here on the back of 6th’s in the 2000 Guineas and Derby could be the answer. This is one race where the ground is crucial. 

MOHAAFETH 3 points win @ 15/8 William Hill  (no bet if ground good to soft or worse)

 

Ascot 340

The Ascot Oaks - the Ribblesdale Stakes over 12F has a field of 13 with the Epsom Oaks form represented by Aidan O’Brien’s Divinely who was 3rd and Dubai Fountain who was way down the field in 12th. Eshaada is a very interesting runner who needed her comeback run but still won at Newbury from Gloria Mundi and is suited by soft ground so the more rain that falls the better for her. She’ll improve for the step up as well and looks to my eyes to have a big chance. Sir Michael Stoute’s runner Noon Star’s 2nd spot in the Musidora looked disappointing at the time but to run the subsequent runaway Oaks winner Snowfall to  3 3/4L was no mean feat and she must go well here stepping up in trip having missed Epsom with a slight issue. Hard to split Eshaada and Noon Star with preference just for the latter. 

NOON STAR 3 points win @ 5/2 Bet365

 

Ascot 415

The 2m 4F Ascot Gold Cup has been won the last three years by the superstar stayer of John Gosden’s Stradivarius and he’s out here to equal Yeats record of four Ascot Gold Cups between 2006-2009. He’s won 6 of his 9 starts at the track with arguably his best ever effort coming last year on soft ground when showing an amazing turn of foot for a stayer. Frankie Dettori knows him in and out and don’t be surprised if he’s coltish before proceedings - that’s just him. I hope he wins and I also think he will win. Any rain will be in favour of Trueshan who was so impressive here over 2 miles on Champions Day last Autumn but he needs Autumn soft rather than Summer soft! Subjectivist was last seen winning the Dubai Gold Cup in March but he’s never raced beyond 2 miles though should stay this extreme trip. It promises to be one of the races of the meeting and I’m with Stradivarius. 

STRADIVARIUS  4 points win @ 11/10 Bet365

 

Ascot 5.00

30 go to post over the straight mile for this years Britannia Handicap and as always it looks wide open. I can pass on a good word for the Sir Mark Prescott trained Royal Pleasure but if I had a choice I would want to be with the high numbers and he’s berthed in stall 3. Mithras looks to have a very solid chance exiting from stall 15. He won at Newbury prior to being outclassed in the Heron Stakes at Sandown. Raadobarg will appreciate any rain and despite a 11lb rise for Haydock can be involved in the shake up also. They would be my two against the field with slight preference for the Roger Varian trained Raadobarg in the hope the rain gets into the ground from a nice draw of 24. 

RAADOBARG 1.5 point each way @ 15/2 Bet365 ¼ 1234

 

Ascot 5.35

A maximum turn out of 19 for the King George V handicap. Top weight Sir Lamorak is a very interesting runner of Aidan O’Brien’s who was touted as a Derby contender earlier in the season. Stepping up in trip will surely suit and can be a major player. There are many other progressive three year olds that will appreciate the longer trip including Siskany of Gidolphin’s. John Gosden is represented by handicap debutants  First Light and Marshall Plan with preference for the former ridden by Frankie Dettori. Roger Varian saddles handicap debutant Nagano who’s a winner on good to soft so won’t mind the conditions. The draw is important here with those drawn out wide up against it from the word go and the selection is First Light who’s nicely berthed in stall 7 and won his maiden on soft ground by 12L so won’t mind if the ground eases. 

FIRST LIGHT 1 point each way @ 5/1 1/5th 123456

 

Ascot 6.10

The 7F Buckingham Palace Handicap was resurrected last season following a 6 year break and is a typically hard handicap to solve. Boardman is a horse I want on my side and he won’t mind the ground softening up a bit although he could of been better drawn than stall 9 but he has to be on my staking plan. Aldaary was given too much to do at Goodwood from Jim Crowley and if the ground was to ease considerably he would have to be a major player here. He’s tongue tied for the first time here and has winning course form. The other horse I like is the Roger Varian trained Lord Campari who is making his handicap debut, is lightly raced and was last seen when running 6th in the Group 1 Lockinge Stakes at Newbury. He’s got form on slow ground and ticks all the boxes.  

ALDAARY 1.5 points each way @   6/1 Betfred 1/5th 123456

LORD CAMPARI 1 point each way @ 12/1 Bet365 ¼ 12345

 

Only 2.3 mm of rain overnight but more showers forecast throughout the day. Seems like they've got off lightly !

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, The Brigadier said:

Only 2.3 mm of rain overnight but more showers forecast throughout the day. Seems like they've got off lightly !

I use Accuweather and have had it on my computer screen since lunchtime, my time ( around 4hrs ago)

Ascot has only had rain in the last hour ( from around 8am) and it has now moved away, according to the radar.

So with that little bit overnight, unless there is a deluge in the next few hours, the ground should be about perfect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Royal Ascot selections today.  Some may not get matched at my requested prices but I'm not bothered

2.30 Cadamosto (RM) £3.50 win at 7.4 = £21.95 if it wins

3.05 Secret Protector £4 3TBP at 6.2 (um 5.5).  Looks like a good place bet.

3.40 Dubai Fountain £2.20 win at 10.5 (um 7.6, was 9.4 so probably won't get matched now)

4.15 Spanish Missiom (WB) £2 win 16 = £29.40 if it wins; Serpentine £2 3TBP at 5.2 (um 4.4, was 4.8) Supplemented by Aiden O'Brien so could be worth a place bet.

5.00 Mithras (FD) £2 win at 9.6 = £16.86 if it wins; Raadobarg (JM) £1 win at 15/2 and Aerion Power (SDS) £1 win at 16/1

5.35 Kondo Isami (BC)MJ) £2 win at 17= £31.36.  Mark Johnston has an excellent record in this race

6.10 Danyah (DoN) £1.50 win at 10/1 and Persuasion (JD) £1.50 win at 12/1

Poss stakes £22.70

Even if Cadamosto wins I can't lose anything today

May look at other meetings later if I make time

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

My Royal Ascot selections today.  Some may not get matched at my requested prices but I'm not bothered

2.30 Cadamosto (RM) £3.50 win at 7.4 = £21.95 if it wins

3.05 Secret Protector £4 3TBP at 6.2 (um 5.5).  Looks like a good place bet.

3.40 Dubai Fountain £2.20 win at 10.5 (um 7.6, was 9.4 so probably won't get matched now)

4.15 Spanish Missiom (WB) £2 win 16 = £29.40 if it wins; Serpentine £2 3TBP at 5.2 (um 4.4, was 4.8) Supplemented by Aiden O'Brien so could be worth a place bet.

5.00 Mithras (FD) £2 win at 9.6 = £16.86 if it wins; Raadobarg (JM) £1 win at 15/2 and Aerion Power (SDS) £1 win at 16/1

5.35 Kondo Isami (BC)MJ) £2 win at 17= £31.36.  Mark Johnston has an excellent record in this race

6.10 Danyah (DoN) £1.50 win at 10/1 and Persuasion (JD) £1.50 win at 12/1

Poss stakes £22.70

Even if Cadamosto wins I can't lose anything today

May look at other meetings later if I make time

 

One quick addition

I'm trying to get £5 win matched at 5.1 on Gullane One with Ella Mcaine claimng 5lbs  aboard in the 3.25 at Ripon was 4.7 now 4.5 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2-30 Royal Ascot

Nakatomi (E/W) was blinkered when winning on debut at Keeneland in the sloppy conditions over four and a half furlongs. This Qatar racing owned gelding has the assistance of Oisin Murphy in the saddle this afternoon and it is highly likely that the pair will try and assume command from the get-go. He certainly knew his job when seeing off his ten rivals last time, inflicting a two length defeat on better fancied stablemate Happy Soul. He now has the assistance of a tongue tie as well as the blinkers. Wesley Ward has won this race twice in the past and looks sure to make a bold attempt to win another.

3-05 Royal Ascot

One Ruler can go close here not having enjoyed the best of fortunes in the 2000 Guineas or the Derby. This step back in trip is expected to suit him better and if returning to the promise he showed last year, he should prove a tough nut to crack. He won the Autumn Stakes at Newmarket when beating Van Gogh and Dhababi last October before finishing second to subsequent Irish 2000 Guineas hero Mac Swiney in the Group One Futurity Stakes at Doncaster. If putting his best foot forward under Will Buick, he is shortlist material.

3-40 Royal Ascot

John Gosden has absolutely farmed this race in recent seasons so he must hold Gloria Mundi (E/W) in high regard to send her here. A winner on debut in a Newbury maiden, she went down all guns blazing when second to the re-opposing Eshaada at the same track last month. This daughter of Galileo is bred to get every yard of this trip and they are fancied to turn the tables on Eshaada over this extra furlong. They have the beating of Aristia and Twisted Reality and can confirm that here to give Frankie Dettori a decent chance of third straight win in this race.

4-15 Royal Ascot

Serpentine (E/W) is an intriguing runner having been supplemented for the race by connections. Last year’s Derby hero was very much on the comeback trail when well beaten in the Tattersalls Gold Cup in Ireland just last month. The trip was clearly too short for him and it is of significant note that they have moved him up dramatically in trip. If he takes to this new marathon trip, he would certainly have the beating of many of these. Ryan Moore will have to put him to sleep at the back of the pack and make his move at just the right time.

5-00 Royal Ascot

Royal Pleasure (E/W) ought to enjoy the frenetic pace set by a few of his rivals in this cavalry charge. He was not seen to best effect when runner up in a moderately run affair at Kempton last time over seven furlongs. The slight step up to a mile is expected to suit and Sir Mark Prescott has his yard in decent form. This will be his turf debut and he does have stall three to contend with here. He remains capable of better and shouldn’t be too far away in this heritage handicap.

5-35 Royal Ascot

Kondo Isami (E/W) has been a model of consistency for Mark Johnston and has been somewhat unfortunate not to have won more than the two races he has already secured at York and Chelmsford. He was headed close home when beaten by Dancing King at Doncaster last day and no doubt a return to this trip will be more to his liking. The yard have taken this prize six times since 1995, so it’s a race they clearly target. Ben Curtis takes over from PJ McDonald in the saddle and they command respect.

6-10 Royal Ascot

Bedouins Story (E/W) loves it when there is a bit of give in the ground and the little bit of rain that came overnight will suit him. He is talented handicapper who has proven that time and time again, most recently in January when winning a sixteen runner affair out in Meydan. He has also been placed in Group Three company in the recent past and has gone well after similar breaks in the past. Seven furlongs brings out the best in him and with Frankie Dettori on board, the pair command respect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After yesterdays 158/1 f/c (296/1 exacta) todays speed figures for the Norfolk stakes are as follows, again i will stipulate you will have to take a view on the Ward runners because they don't equate very well although Lucci appears to be pretty quick.

1 Perfect Power  127       12/1

2 Cadamosto     126 (aw) 9/2

3 Navello            125         25/1

 

good luck

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

After yesterdays 158/1 f/c (296/1 exacta) todays speed figures for the Norfolk stakes are as follows, again i will stipulate you will have to take a view on the Ward runners because they don't equate very well although Lucci appears to be pretty quick.

1 Perfect Power  127       12/1

2 Cadamosto     126 (aw) 9/2

3 Navello            125         25/1

 

good luck

wont complain at not getting the f/c the winner will do

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, fd1972uk said:

Don't think Frankie could've done any worse a job today in the Gold Cup, as said on radio a Horror Show of a ride. 

Thought that was my banker on my treble, lol. 

I thought the same , it was very Mooresque , maybe Marco Ghiani could give him some coaching 😆

It happens to all great jockeys , he did the same on Enable in the Arc a few years back , you definitely need to be prominent on the Round course this festival .

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

I thought the same , it was very Mooresque , maybe Marco Ghiani could give him some coaching 😆

It happens to all great jockeys , he did the same on Enable in the Arc a few years back , you definitely need to be prominent on the Round course this festival .

I think you can forgive frankie one but crowley ffs he managed to get mohaather beat last year and that ride on eshaada today was shocking, i wont even begin to mention the winner he had mohaafeth the maximum 14 days for that not 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/16/2021 at 6:27 PM, The Brigadier said:

Day Three of Royal Ascot and its very tricky to predict what the ground is likely to be with a band of thunderstorms coming up from the South. So a word of caution regarding punting and it maybe worth waiting till the morning to see how the ground lies before departing with any of our hard earned. Anyway here’s my initial thoughts.

 

Ascot 230

16 go to post for the Norfolk Stakes run over 5F for 2 year olds. Once again as with all the juvenile races this week we have the added puzzle of not one but two Wesley Ward youngsters. Lucci and Nakatomi are both winners of one on firm ground and on a dirt surface respectively. One may well win but from a punting aspect I’m happy to ignore and with the two collectively taking a fair chunk out of the market I’m looking for some value elsewhere. Aidan O’Brien’s Cadamosto is my idea of the winner with Ryan Moore in the saddle. He was impressive when winning at Dundalk on his debut in April and staggeringly has been pulled out on the day of the race four times since for various reasons (twice because of soft ground). If the rain did come in buckets then I would be against both the American horses and Cadamosto and would probably take a chance with soft ground Ascot winner Go Bears Go. A hard race to get a handle on without knowing how much rain will fall on the Berkshire course. 

On good ground CADAMOSTO 1 point each way @ 11/2 Bet 365 1/5th 1234

On soft ground GO BEARS GO 1 point each way @ 10/1 Bet 365 1/5th 1234

 

Ascot 305

The ground is crucial once again here for the 10F Hampton Court Stakes. I would be very strong on William Haggas’s Mohaafeth who missed the Derby on fast ground but if the forecast is right they may well be unlucky again. On fast ground he would be worth a good bet. If the ground turns then the penalised One Ruler who has plenty of smart juvenile form on soft ground to his name and comes here on the back of 6th’s in the 2000 Guineas and Derby could be the answer. This is one race where the ground is crucial. 

MOHAAFETH 3 points win @ 15/8 William Hill  (no bet if ground good to soft or worse)

 

Ascot 340

The Ascot Oaks - the Ribblesdale Stakes over 12F has a field of 13 with the Epsom Oaks form represented by Aidan O’Brien’s Divinely who was 3rd and Dubai Fountain who was way down the field in 12th. Eshaada is a very interesting runner who needed her comeback run but still won at Newbury from Gloria Mundi and is suited by soft ground so the more rain that falls the better for her. She’ll improve for the step up as well and looks to my eyes to have a big chance. Sir Michael Stoute’s runner Noon Star’s 2nd spot in the Musidora looked disappointing at the time but to run the subsequent runaway Oaks winner Snowfall to  3 3/4L was no mean feat and she must go well here stepping up in trip having missed Epsom with a slight issue. Hard to split Eshaada and Noon Star with preference just for the latter. 

NOON STAR 3 points win @ 5/2 Bet365

 

Ascot 415

The 2m 4F Ascot Gold Cup has been won the last three years by the superstar stayer of John Gosden’s Stradivarius and he’s out here to equal Yeats record of four Ascot Gold Cups between 2006-2009. He’s won 6 of his 9 starts at the track with arguably his best ever effort coming last year on soft ground when showing an amazing turn of foot for a stayer. Frankie Dettori knows him in and out and don’t be surprised if he’s coltish before proceedings - that’s just him. I hope he wins and I also think he will win. Any rain will be in favour of Trueshan who was so impressive here over 2 miles on Champions Day last Autumn but he needs Autumn soft rather than Summer soft! Subjectivist was last seen winning the Dubai Gold Cup in March but he’s never raced beyond 2 miles though should stay this extreme trip. It promises to be one of the races of the meeting and I’m with Stradivarius. 

STRADIVARIUS  4 points win @ 11/10 Bet365

 

Ascot 5.00

30 go to post over the straight mile for this years Britannia Handicap and as always it looks wide open. I can pass on a good word for the Sir Mark Prescott trained Royal Pleasure but if I had a choice I would want to be with the high numbers and he’s berthed in stall 3. Mithras looks to have a very solid chance exiting from stall 15. He won at Newbury prior to being outclassed in the Heron Stakes at Sandown. Raadobarg will appreciate any rain and despite a 11lb rise for Haydock can be involved in the shake up also. They would be my two against the field with slight preference for the Roger Varian trained Raadobarg in the hope the rain gets into the ground from a nice draw of 24. 

RAADOBARG 1.5 point each way @ 15/2 Bet365 ¼ 1234

 

Ascot 5.35

A maximum turn out of 19 for the King George V handicap. Top weight Sir Lamorak is a very interesting runner of Aidan O’Brien’s who was touted as a Derby contender earlier in the season. Stepping up in trip will surely suit and can be a major player. There are many other progressive three year olds that will appreciate the longer trip including Siskany of Gidolphin’s. John Gosden is represented by handicap debutants  First Light and Marshall Plan with preference for the former ridden by Frankie Dettori. Roger Varian saddles handicap debutant Nagano who’s a winner on good to soft so won’t mind the conditions. The draw is important here with those drawn out wide up against it from the word go and the selection is First Light who’s nicely berthed in stall 7 and won his maiden on soft ground by 12L so won’t mind if the ground eases. 

FIRST LIGHT 1 point each way @ 5/1 1/5th 123456

 

Ascot 6.10

The 7F Buckingham Palace Handicap was resurrected last season following a 6 year break and is a typically hard handicap to solve. Boardman is a horse I want on my side and he won’t mind the ground softening up a bit although he could of been better drawn than stall 9 but he has to be on my staking plan. Aldaary was given too much to do at Goodwood from Jim Crowley and if the ground was to ease considerably he would have to be a major player here. He’s tongue tied for the first time here and has winning course form. The other horse I like is the Roger Varian trained Lord Campari who is making his handicap debut, is lightly raced and was last seen when running 6th in the Group 1 Lockinge Stakes at Newbury. He’s got form on slow ground and ticks all the boxes.  

ALDAARY 1.5 points each way @   6/1 Betfred 1/5th 123456

LORD CAMPARI 1 point each way @ 12/1 Bet365 ¼ 12345

 

A loss of 10.07 points on the day. Fridays thoughts just posted.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

One quick addition

I'm trying to get £5 win matched at 5.1 on Gullane One with Ella Mcaine claimng 5lbs  aboard in the 3.25 at Ripon was 4.7 now 4.5 

RESULTS UPDATE

Another luckless day for me.  I had 3 bets that didn't get matched, including Secret Protector which would have yielded £20.58.  This means a loss of £19.50 on the day.  My new balance is £821.43 (Bank £1056.22).

Four UK flat meetings again tomorrow with another dose of Ascot.  I think that I will halve my rough figure of around £20 as it would seem that any horse seems to be able to win at these big festivals.  I may try one £1 Trixie = £4 and just put £1 singles bets on others.  I can still have fun but at half the cost.  It isn't worth putting a lot of money on in these races.  There is too much competition for owners and trainers trying to get a bit extra out of their horses.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...