** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday 12th June

As one would expect Saturday’s Terrestrial TV racing is not one of the strongest with Royal Ascot just around the corner and here’s my thoughts for the 8 races:- 

Chester 140

Karl Burke’s Rebel At Dawn has as good a chance as any here with 4 of the 5 runners holding decent enough chances. His 3rd to Jumby on his penultimate run looks good form and he progressed to win at Nottingham 10 days ago. 

REBEL AT DAWN 1 point win @ 9/4 William Hill

York 200

A disappointing turn out for the Queen Mothers Cup Handicap for female amateurs only. Only 8 go to post and two of them ran on Friday. Despite the small field I have a strong fancy I the Martin Todhunter trained Arctic Fox who won this race for Richard Fahey when it was last run two years ago and is 7lb lower in the weights since. This looks like it may have been the plan and in jockey Miss Becky Smith has one of the more experienced ladies in the saddle. 

ARCTIC FOX 2 points win @ 5/1 Bet365

Sandown 215

Best in at these weights today, Marco Botti’s 3 year old Atalis Bay will be hard to beat if his two runs this season are anything to go by. He ran second to the Kings Stand second favourite Winter Power at York last time with a fair bit back to the others and a reproduction of that run may well be good enough here. 

ATALIS BAY 2 points win @ 7/4 Bet365

York 235

Not the strongest 7F York handicap you’ll ever see and it maybe worth chancing the Tom Dascombe trained Gifted Ruler who we haven’t seen for a year since he ran the smart Belloccio to a short head at Newmarket. He’s been gelded since and no doubt the market will inform us if he is fit enough to do himself justice. Small stakes are advised. 

GIFTED RULER 1 point each way @ 9/2 Paddy Power 1/5th 1234

Sandown 250

Not the strongest of Sandown handicaps you’ll ever see with Charlie Hill’s King’s Knight holding an excellent chance if his latest 4th to the highly progressive Boardman at Chester is to be believed. In second spot that day was Ejtilaab who went on and won at the Epsom Derby meeting giving the form plenty of substance. Latest Generation pulled too hard last time but if he learns to settle may be the danger. 

KING’S NIGHT 2 points win @ 3/1 Bet365

York 305

A disappointing turn out for the Sky Bet Race To The Ebor Grand Cup Stakes with only 4 going to post. William Haggas’s 4 year old Roberto Escobar steps up in trip here and that may well unlock some improvement and he looks the best value in a poor punting contest. 

ROBERTO ESCOBAR 1 point win @ 5/2 William Hills

Chester 320

Another tight knit handicap on the Roodeye which may go the unexposed David Simcock trained, Jamie Spencer ridden Man Of Riddles who may have been inconvenienced by the soft ground last time in the Goodwood Derby trial. His previous race suggest she could be leniently treated off of only 80 and looks the value bet here. 

MAN OF RIDDLES 1 point win @ 11/2 William Hills

York 340

Jadwal ran the smart Jumby close in a decent Newmarket handicap last time with the form already beening franked by wins for the 3rd and 4th since. Jadwal himself has been shunted up 7lb but he’s progressive and with Charlie Hills such a dab hand with sprinters can plunder the days feature race. Shop around for extra places as many firms will be going at least 5 or 6 places. 

JADWAL 1.5 points each way @ 13/2 1/5th 123456

Only had a chance to look at Chester today

I like Red Derek in the 2.45 but with Arabist so much fancied with Richard Kingscote aboard I think it is best to leave the race alone

3.20 Chep Man Of Riddles (JS/DS) £3.50 at 7.0 (um at 6.6) let's hope that the money continues to pour on Oman and my bet gets matched.

4.30 Chep Gabrial The One (BG3/RF).  £2.50 win at 9.6 = £21.07 if it wins.  The papers are pointing towards Hot Team the other Richard Fahey runner but I like Billy Garrity and the horse runs well at this course

I haven't looked at Bath yet but I see that Hollie Doyle has 6 rides there.  Funny enough when looking at the stats she seems to be on an overall winning percentage of around 13% and her best performances are on the All Weather.  She may well be worth opposing on some of her rides.  Hopefully I can get back and take a closer look later on.  Other than that I will look at Leicester this evening.  I'm not bothering with the big meetings at York and Sandown.  Good luck to all trying to find winners at those venues

All prices Bet365:

1.35 Sandown - 1pt win Seraphinite @ 13/2

2.35 York - 2pts win Gifted Ruler @ 11/2

2.50 Sandown - 1pt win Dogged @ 13/2

3.40 York - 3pts win Dark Shift @ 5/1 (this looks a knocking price to me...)

3.45 Bath - 1pt e/w Zulu Zander @ 12/1

4.50 York - 1pt e/w Irv @ 15/2

22 hours ago, The Brigadier said:

As one would expect Saturday’s Terrestrial TV racing is not one of the strongest with Royal Ascot just around the corner and here’s my thoughts for the 8 races:- 

Chester 140

Karl Burke’s Rebel At Dawn has as good a chance as any here with 4 of the 5 runners holding decent enough chances. His 3rd to Jumby on his penultimate run looks good form and he progressed to win at Nottingham 10 days ago. 

REBEL AT DAWN 1 point win @ 9/4 William Hill

York 200

A disappointing turn out for the Queen Mothers Cup Handicap for female amateurs only. Only 8 go to post and two of them ran on Friday. Despite the small field I have a strong fancy I the Martin Todhunter trained Arctic Fox who won this race for Richard Fahey when it was last run two years ago and is 7lb lower in the weights since. This looks like it may have been the plan and in jockey Miss Becky Smith has one of the more experienced ladies in the saddle. 

ARCTIC FOX 2 points win @ 5/1 Bet365

Sandown 215

Best in at these weights today, Marco Botti’s 3 year old Atalis Bay will be hard to beat if his two runs this season are anything to go by. He ran second to the Kings Stand second favourite Winter Power at York last time with a fair bit back to the others and a reproduction of that run may well be good enough here. 

ATALIS BAY 2 points win @ 7/4 Bet365

York 235

Not the strongest 7F York handicap you’ll ever see and it maybe worth chancing the Tom Dascombe trained Gifted Ruler who we haven’t seen for a year since he ran the smart Belloccio to a short head at Newmarket. He’s been gelded since and no doubt the market will inform us if he is fit enough to do himself justice. Small stakes are advised. 

GIFTED RULER 1 point each way @ 9/2 Paddy Power 1/5th 1234

Sandown 250

Not the strongest of Sandown handicaps you’ll ever see with Charlie Hill’s King’s Knight holding an excellent chance if his latest 4th to the highly progressive Boardman at Chester is to be believed. In second spot that day was Ejtilaab who went on and won at the Epsom Derby meeting giving the form plenty of substance. Latest Generation pulled too hard last time but if he learns to settle may be the danger. 

KING’S NIGHT 2 points win @ 3/1 Bet365

York 305

A disappointing turn out for the Sky Bet Race To The Ebor Grand Cup Stakes with only 4 going to post. William Haggas’s 4 year old Roberto Escobar steps up in trip here and that may well unlock some improvement and he looks the best value in a poor punting contest. 

ROBERTO ESCOBAR 1 point win @ 5/2 William Hills

Chester 320

Another tight knit handicap on the Roodeye which may go the unexposed David Simcock trained, Jamie Spencer ridden Man Of Riddles who may have been inconvenienced by the soft ground last time in the Goodwood Derby trial. His previous race suggest she could be leniently treated off of only 80 and looks the value bet here. 

MAN OF RIDDLES 1 point win @ 11/2 William Hills

York 340

Jadwal ran the smart Jumby close in a decent Newmarket handicap last time with the form already beening franked by wins for the 3rd and 4th since. Jadwal himself has been shunted up 7lb but he’s progressive and with Charlie Hills such a dab hand with sprinters can plunder the days feature race. Shop around for extra places as many firms will be going at least 5 or 6 places. 

JADWAL 1.5 points each way @ 13/2 1/5th 123456

A small loss on the day . Roll on Ascot .

11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Only had a chance to look at Chester today

I like Red Derek in the 2.45 but with Arabist so much fancied with Richard Kingscote aboard I think it is best to leave the race alone

3.20 Chep Man Of Riddles (JS/DS) £3.50 at 7.0 (um at 6.6) let's hope that the money continues to pour on Oman and my bet gets matched.

4.30 Chep Gabrial The One (BG3/RF).  £2.50 win at 9.6 = £21.07 if it wins.  The papers are pointing towards Hot Team the other Richard Fahey runner but I like Billy Garrity and the horse runs well at this course

I haven't looked at Bath yet but I see that Hollie Doyle has 6 rides there.  Funny enough when looking at the stats she seems to be on an overall winning percentage of around 13% and her best performances are on the All Weather.  She may well be worth opposing on some of her rides.  Hopefully I can get back and take a closer look later on.  Other than that I will look at Leicester this evening.  I'm not bothering with the big meetings at York and Sandown.  Good luck to all trying to find winners at those venues

RESULTS UPDATE

I didn't get around to looking much further today so can only report on my two results.  Man Of Riddles finished last but Gabrial The One came second.  Very annoying that Richard Fahey won it with Tombolo at 18/1.  Just goes to show that all a trainer's runners are very much in a race to win it, despite price differences. I was correct in choosing my selection over Richard Fahey's Hot Team 9/2 and finishing 8th but got caught out with his outsider.

Loss today is £6 and my new balance is £899.94 (Bank £1056.22).

Only two UK flat meetings tomorrow so there is bound to be a lot competition between my top jockeys/apprentices.  Hopefully, I will find something of value