Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Non-League Predictions > Play-offs

I usually have a very strong opinion on who will claim promotion into the Football League, but this year I don't really although I do think one team offers value. When Stockport and Torquay played each other last month it was a high class game and my thinking was one of those would win promotion and it could even be the play-off final. That is still a possibility and I do think Stockport will beat either Hartlepool or Bromley at home, but I just wonder if Torquay might be vulnerable. Injuries stopped them from winning the league and it may stop them in the play-offs as well. As much as Barnet have improved blowing a 2 goal lead against them when they could still win the title was hardly great and they have drawn their last 4 games. They will host either Notts County or Chesterfield and I am keen on County coming through Saturday's tie. Chesterfield were lucky they had such a kind fixture list in recent weeks as they haven't been playing well for a while now. To be fair injuries have not helped them in that regard but the fact they should have lost to Wealdstone says a lot. I did watch them in the Dagenham game and they were better that day, but Dagenham put in their worst performance for ages and I also think a home crowd helped. They were lucky to beat Halifax last Saturday to get themselves into the play-offs and I think they will struggle against Notts County. County did look at one stage like they wouldn't reach the play-offs and I do think they are still a work in progress, but they have only lost 1 in their last 8 which was against Bromley on Saturday. Bromley needed to win that to get into the play-offs so it wasn't a surprise that they wanted it more, but County still performed well. They still have this knack of scoring long range wonder goals and that is always going to be helpful. Chesterfield have also been leaky at the back of late and I suspect County will get a few chances against them. If they win on Saturday then I think they have a decent chance of getting past Torquay and once in the final that is half the battle. So as much as Stockport and Torquay could easily win promotion I think Notts County at 13/2 is the best value bet at this stage and I think we will see an all County final.

Notts County to win promotion 1pt @ 13/2 with Betfred

8 hours ago, Neubs said:

@Darran What do you think about the Win of Bromley against Hartlepool - i mean Bromley are strong at the Moment and it´s seem to me, that the Odds are way to high on Bromley here.

I don’t have a massively strong view on it but Hartlepool, bar the Maidenhead game, have been very strong at home. I do think though that it will be a close game so Bromley are a bit bigger than I would make them.

Notts County v Chesterfield: 20 points on Rodrigues to score at 2/1 PP

Before I looked at the prices he was the standout player on all the stats I look at and the one I wanted to be able to back. As it is, I've had to settle for the minimum odds I'd back him at rather than the slightly better price I was hoping for but I'm still happy to take the bet, just not ecstatic! 

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't have any strong views on today's play-off final. I think the semi-finals showed that there isn't a great deal between the four sides who played in them and that the value play on Notts County was a bit unlucky not to have had a shot at promotion in the final. What I will say is that both sides will be desperate to win more than usual because I think it will be the best chance that either side will have to get promoted for at least another season as next term looks set to be the most competitive league for years.