** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 31st May

Up late today and didn't do much work last night as I was tired

Looking at Windsor mainly today

1.35 Indian Creek (TM) £2 win at 11.5 currently 10.5, hopefully it will get matched as it is unfancied

2.10 Bluebell Way (HD) £2 win at 15.5 and have put in an In runnnnig lay bet for £2 at 5.2= £20.19 if it wins & retrieve my stake if it gets matched and loses

5.02 McCann The Man (MC5) 35p win at 66/1 = £23 .45 if it wins

4.05 Red Khabib 75p win at 40/1.  Put in an in-running lay bet £2 at 6.0 = £10.50 Liability if matched and wins.  Still get £20.25 profit if it runs a blinder and wins

£5.10 Poss £5.10 staked so far.

Hopefully back later with some more bets

Good luck to all stay at home punters today

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Up late today and didn't do much work last night as I was tired

Looking at Windsor mainly today

1.35 Indian Creek (TM) £2 win at 11.5 currently 10.5, hopefully it will get matched as it is unfancied

2.10 Bluebell Way (HD) £2 win at 15.5 and have put in an In runnnnig lay bet for £2 at 5.2= £20.19 if it wins & retrieve my stake if it gets matched and loses

5.02 McCann The Man (MC5) 35p win at 66/1 = £23 .45 if it wins

4.05 Red Khabib 75p win at 40/1.  Put in an in-running lay bet £2 at 6.0 = £10.50 Liability if matched and wins.  Still get £20.25 profit if it runs a blinder and wins

£5.10 Poss £5.10 staked so far.

Hopefully back later with some more bets

Good luck to all stay at home punters today

Nice winner with Indian Creek.  Luckily it did get matched so I am in good profit atm.  Also, Hollie's horse got matched so I got my £2  stake money back although she lost the race.

I have stuck with Windsor and just had a couple more bets so as to ensure a profit on the day

3.20 Spoof (RK) £3 win at 8.0 = £20.58 Profit if it wins

5.37 Lorca (OM).  I have put in £2 win at 17.00 It is currently 11.5 but I am hoping that its price will drift on the Exchange.   If it does and it gets matched I will put in another lay bet so as to ensure a £20 profit if it wins or get my stake money back.

I'll leave it at that for the day.  Good to be back in profit on the day ?

4 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Nice winner with Indian Creek.  Luckily it did get matched so I am in good profit atm.  Also, Hollie's horse got matched so I got my £2  stake money back although she lost the race.

I have stuck with Windsor and just had a couple more bets so as to ensure a profit on the day

5.37 Lorca (OM).  I have put in £2 win at 17.00 It is currently 11.5 but I am hoping that its price will drift on the Exchange.   If it does and it gets matched I will put in another lay bet so as to ensure a £20 profit if it wins or get my stake money back.

think we shouldve backed all tom marquand today! weird day managed to pull back to profit on expert opinion and socru late!

Edited by Wildgarden

4 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

think we shouldve backed all tom marquand today! weird day managed to pull back to profit on expert opinion and socru late!

Well, it's typical that when I backed a real player with Richard Kingscote aboard along comes Tom Marquand (my favourite jockey) and takes the spoils with Rose Hip at 12/1

8 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

A bit choked that Tom Marquand beat Spoof but that's racing for you.  Not  a hint of a chance for the Tony Carroll horse in the racing press.  Anyway I made a net profit on the day of £14.49 by limiting my bets after Tom Marquand won for me on Indian Creek.  My new balance is now £944.12 (Bank £1056.22)

From tomorrow I will be experimenting a little with my in-running lay bets so as to protect my stakes if my selections runs well without winning. I will be prepared to sacrifice between 50% & 33% profit should my selections go on to win. If this is successful I can easily increase my stakes so as to arrive at say at least a £20 profit should any selection win.

Five UK flat meetings tomorrow with the top jockeys and apprentices showing up at Leicester and Redcar.  Should be another fun packed day ahead.  ?