** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 29th May

So we finally get to the final day of the regular season. It has been strange just focusing on the one league since January and it has made things tricky at times, but May especially has been a good month. Hopefully we can end it with a profit on Saturday and I have 4 bets.

Altrincham v Torquay

Altrincham had been struggling for a while, but a dramatic 4-3 win against Yeovil and a 1-1 draw against Eastleigh on Tuesday night mean they are ending the season in strong fashion. They played really well on Tuesday against a side of course who are going for the play-offs. I think the crowd helped in that regard and I can see them getting a result here. Torquay can only finish 2nd now and I would imagine they wont want to risk injuries to key players ahead of the play-offs especially as they have suffered from injuries during the season which has probably cost them the title. With that in mind Altrincham are over priced at 4/1.

Barnet v Sutton

Sutton sealed the title on Sunday with a very good performance over Hartlepool and they have been so consistent since last January. The job is done and they wont really care what happens in their final non-league game for now. I don't really need to repeat my thoughts on Barnet and their improvement and they won for us again on Tuesday night. Their first goal was a cracking move as well and after getting a point at Torquay last week I think they have a real chance of picking up 3 here. 6/1 is a crazy price in the circumstances and they should be at least half that if not shorter.

Kings Lynn v Aldershot

I am actually backing the home side here. They did well with a crowd behind them on Tuesday night against Solihull and with Aldershot not really convincing of late especially away from home I think there is some value in backing Kings Lynn to pick up 3 points.

Solihull v Eastleigh

Speaking of Solihull they did at least keep their unbeaten run going and as I have mentioned a few times their home form has been really strong. Not surprisingly they are drifting because Eastleigh need to win this to give them any sort of chance of getting into the play-offs, but I just get a feeling they are running out of steam based on their performance on Tuesday at Altrincham and they could have had a much easier game than facing a Solihull side who have won 8 of their last 9 home games and the one they didn't win was a 0-0 draw against Sutton. I am more than happy to take a chance on them making it 9/10 home victories.

Altrincham 1pt @ 4/1 with Bet365

Barnet 1pt @ 6/1 with William Hill

Kings Lynn 1pt @ 8/5 with William Hill

Solihull 1pt @ 14/5 with William Hill

I have the two big home dogs as well, though with lower odds of 4.50 and 3.80. But I'm also watching three away dogs in the 3.30 (Notts Co) to 3.70 (Maidenhead and Wealdstone) range. It's not a typical season, but in typical seasons these types of away dogs do very well during the last round, 7-7-6 by my count over the past decade. Only Bromley have anything to play for (against County), but that doesn't seem to matter this time of year, as a 9th or would-be 7th place side are as likely to bottle it under pressure as win. If any of these matches remain in that range by kickoff, I'll be on the dogs at best odds.

Couple of nice winners there @Darran, cheers!

Your non-league exploits have been exceptional this season, especially with the plague going on.

My analogy would be:

Your piloting a plane full of punters and the plane has 4 engines.

3 of the engines explode.

You still manage to land the punters in quidsville!!!

On a side note, I was at the Bromley V Notts County game today. Bromley looked well organised and gritty with good defensive blocking but perhaps lack the x-factor going forward. They did a professional game today and got the goal when they needed, I think the fans probably gave their performance an extra lift in the second half. Notts County look ok in possession but not that incisive in the final 3rd, instead preferring to shoot from outside the box or edge of the area.

Anyways it was good to get out there and see some live non-league before the season ends. Be interested to hear your thoughts on the play-offs at some point, thanks once again.