** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - May 24 - May 30

Alison Van Uytvanck to beat Harmony Tan at 1.82 with Pinnacle

AvU needs to get some wins on the board and this looks like a great opportunity honestly. She was unlucky with the draw last time out, running into the in-form Konjuh that proceeded to make it all the way down to the finals after that win. It was a big improvement for AvU, though, and Harmony Tan will be a step down in terms of quality. Tan has the better form results-wise, but she hasn't beaten that many players of AvU's quality.

Teichmann vs Blinkova - Over 19.5 Games at 1.91 with William Hill

Teichmann is a huge favorite for this match cause Blinkova hasn't played a single match since Miami. Besides, she's on a 4 losing streak, but she has covered this line in her last 3 matches. I really like Teichmann, she's a great player (especially on clay) and I think she can do well in the French Open if she has a good draw but she usually has up and downs on her matches. She has played 3 matches on clay this year and all of them have been 3 set matches. They only have played once before and it was in Rome in 2020. Blinkova beat Teichmann on that match in straight sets (6-3, 6-3). It will be hard to repeat that result cause she hasn't played in 2 months but I just can't ignore that match cause it was played just 1 year ago so I expect a long match, most likely won by Teichmann.

Van De Zandschulp to beat Mayer at 2.20 with bet365

I think odds are wrong, IMO Van De Zandschulp should be a slight favorite here, not Mayer. His results during the last 2 years have been better. Both are big hitters with a good serve but Botic has been better recently so at these odds I take him.

Edited by darko08

Qualification matches are wild. Seyboth lose to Troicki in 2 TB after winning the first set 6-0. Ivashka (1.1) losing in 2 sets when he was 4-1 up in the first set. Botic winning the match when Mayer was 1 set up and 5-2 in the second set. Whats next?

haha luck for you.. Kuznetsov was like ´´dark horse´´ for me, so no big suprise here as he is great player, who is looking for some form way too long :) otherwise I agree, results are just strange. As I expected may to be even better than april, things just go down. players are totally unpredictable :( no matter playing on favorites or underdogs, at least for me.

Trungelliti to beat Baez at 5.20 with Unibet

I will try this one at low stakes. Baez is a very talented young player and his results this year are incredible (3 Challengers), but he's only 20 years old and Trungelliti has a lot of experience at these stages. He has won the qualification for the FO 3 times before while Baez has never played here. His results this year are not good but he has achieved some good wins. He beat Alcaraz in a Challenger played in Gran Canarias at similar odds and he also beat Coppejans. Baez is the favorite, for sure, but at these odds I will give Trungelliti a shot.

Kwiatkowski (+5.0 Games) to beat Francisco Cerundolo at 1.84 with Pinnacle

I think Fran shouldn't be with these odds. He reached the Final in the Concepcion Challenger and he also reached the Final in Buenos Aires, which is impressive, but it's also true that he suffered in all his matches there. After the Final he lost against Schwartzman (6-1, 6-2), his results have been poor. He lost in the first round in 3 consecutive tournaments (vs. Andrej Martin, Bagnis and Kovalik). He won a couple of matches in Belgrade (vs. Kovalik and Carballes) but lost against Popyrin in 3 sets. In his first match here he has won against Cid Subervi (6-2, 7-6). Kwiatkowski's results on clay this year (7-3) are not as impressive, for sure, but he has beat Lestienne easily in his first match here (6-2, 6-2). I think Kwiatkowski can have more chances than the odds suggest. Both players have a similar style of playing, they like to hit hard and play aggressive so I think we can have a tight match.

9 hours ago, darko08 said:

Kwiatkowski (+5.0 Games) to beat Francisco Cerundolo at 1.84 with Pinnacle

I think Fran shouldn't be with these odds. He reached the Final in the Concepcion Challenger and he also reached the Final in Buenos Aires, which is impressive, but it's also true that he suffered in all his matches there. After the Final he lost against Schwartzman (6-1, 6-2), his results have been poor. He lost in the first round in 3 consecutive tournaments (vs. Andrej Martin, Bagnis and Kovalik). He won a couple of matches in Belgrade (vs. Kovalik and Carballes) but lost against Popyrin in 3 sets. In his first match here he has won against Cid Subervi (6-2, 7-6). Kwiatkowski's results on clay this year (7-3) are not as impressive, for sure, but he has beat Lestienne easily in his first match here (6-2, 6-2). I think Kwiatkowski can have more chances than the odds suggest. Both players have a similar style of playing, they like to hit hard and play aggressive so I think we can have a tight match.

Well, Cerundolo wins 6-7, 6-4, 7-6. Kwiatkowski was leading 5-3 the third set and he even had 4 match points. These qualification matches are quite open, anybody can beat anybody.

Hey guys. Advice needed.

In your opinion, regardless of the odds, who has better chances? Korda to beat Nishioka (Parma clay) or Lajovic to beat Andrej (Belgrade clay)?

I'd prefer Lajovic because of playing in his native country on his "native" surface and because of a long losing strike on clay lately. He might be hungry of getting some wins.

Regarding Korda - Nishioka. American has better results on clay overall but Nishioka is able to cause some upsets as well.

Edited by vvararu

Martin has somewhat of an unusual playing style, I have not seen much of him prior to Belgrade 2. It looked that he should lose, but somehow he found a way to win in his last two matches... It was a struggle but he was more determined, had a bit more of strenght and focus and some luck too. 

Today, think that Novak will try to make it a quick match, and don't see Andrej as having success he had in the earlier rounds...