** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Racing ???

Tuesday selection....

No selection for tomorrow. Was interested in one but not confident enough to back it as there is another in the race who I think is a big risk and also the horse I was interested in has opened shorter than I would have expected so was no value in it.

Wow wow wow, so infuriating! 

The horse mentioned yesterday that I liked but was too short opening price of 13/8 was Phaidra in the 1510 Compiegne. I expected it to open more along the lines of 4/1 and would have played e/w. It eventually came 2nd so was the right thing to do to leave it.

However, I looked for value in the race and couldn't believe Peace Messenger was 12/1 on 365. I put it up as my NAP of the day and it has only gone and hosed up. Didn't have a penny on it and also won't count towards the P/L. So so frustrating ???‍♂️

Only positive is it shows the eye is currently hot with the start of the P/L and today's selection. 

Never mind, onto tomorrow. 

20 hours ago, Labrador said:

At 25/1 (Coral/Ladbrokes) it may be worth a modest each way on Ayguemorte (4.20 Compiegne). Was runner up in a similar race when last seen at this venue on 22nd March. The 3lb claiming jockey rides for first time since, and the slightly shorter distance should suit.

Went off only 15/2 on the pmu to finish just outside the regular places in 5th, although OK for those playing with the 5 places bookies.

St Cloud 10.50

Waldsherriff -  6/1 ew

Interesting German Raider brought to this 3yo stakes race.

Predictably the Aga Khan runner heads the market at a prohibitive 6/4, however I'm always wary backing these on their first outing and on the heavy going, being descended from Monsun, must have a good ew shout against a field of other debutants with a reasonable jockey booking. 

Ostia (1.07 St Cloud) won a claimer and a handicap back in January at Cagnes-sur-Mer on heavy ground. Last time (19th April) ran over today's course and distance in a big 50,000 euros handicap on good ground and was outclassed. However, back down in a claimer this afternoon on heavy ground looks a decent each way shout at 10/1 available.

14 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

1120 Saint-Cloud Yankee Dream 1/1 1pt win

1225 Saint-Cloud Raabihah 5/4 1pt win

1pt win on the double 7/2

3pts staked total.

Just realised I didn't have the odds next to Yankee Dream so I've put it in. It was available at 1/1 when I put the bet up last night.

8 hours ago, harrisman said:

St Cloud 10.50

Waldsherriff -  6/1 ew

Interesting German Raider brought to this 3yo stakes race.

Predictably the Aga Khan runner heads the market at a prohibitive 6/4, however I'm always wary backing these on their first outing and on the heavy going, being descended from Monsun, must have a good ew shout against a field of other debutants with a reasonable jockey booking. 

Very strange ride indeed resulting in missing a place at least! 

Ostia ran well to be 6th but was held up too far back to threaten. For today at Lyon-Parilly I had notebooked Millie Lilly when finishing well from a bad draw at St Cloud on 19th September last year on good ground. Has decent conditions, a good draw and down in grade in the finale (3.13) this afternoon. At 16/1 generally available (4 places) worth a small each way play perhaps.

On 5/26/2021 at 7:01 PM, Barnes1882 said:

Thursday's selections....

1548 Longchamp Spiorad 9/2 0.5pts e/w (1pt total)

1850 Longchamp Maroon Six 11/8 1pt win

2pts staked total.

1 winner and 1 loser. The stewards unfortunately let the result stand in the 1850 race. I really felt it might have been overturned. Anyway 1.7pt profit for the day so overall P/L = +7.15pts.

Sorry everyone, haven't meant to just abandon the site or this thread.

It's been a mad time with the arrival of our 2nd child and preparing to move to my new job soon. 

I decided to take a break as I just can't commit time to studying etc but hopefully in a few months or so when it's calmed down I'll be able to. 

Hope you're all doing well.

French Derby - 3.00 Chantilly

I like Policy of Truth, EW 28/1 with Corals or Ladbrokes

Finished 4th in the French Guineas ....... only beaten 2 lengths, outpaced in the finish but stayed on

Apparently he's a big strong horse who's a bit of a galloper and should be suited by stepping up in trip

They used to say 'fourth in the Guineas, win the Derby'!

1 hour ago, Trotter said:

French Derby - 3.00 Chantilly

I like Policy of Truth, EW 28/1 with Corals or Ladbrokes

Finished 4th in the French Guineas ....... only beaten 2 lengths, outpaced in the finish but stayed on

Apparently he's a big strong horse who's a bit of a galloper and should be suited by stepping up in trip

They used to say 'fourth in the Guineas, win the Derby'!

Fancy this as well, backed it lto and ran great race staying on near the finish so the extra trip could be right up his street, Different jockey today i dont know much about but 28/1 @ betfred 5 places is worth a go