** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 27th May

46 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

French....

1520 Compiegne Ladyville 5/4 & 1550 Compiegne Garkapstar 11/8 win double

(I usually back two singles and a double but just done a double today)

1345 Ffos Las Apache Creek 15/8 

Might be one or two more.

Your selections are always worth a second look.  I like John Jo O'Neil Jr. I have to mention that a load of money seems to have gone on Animal.  One could have got something like 13/2 last night, now backed into 9/4.  I have had £6 on your selection and am trying to get £2 matched on Animal at 4.2, smashed into 3.45 presently as a cover bet.  Won't bother at shorter odds as the horse needs to settle better in its races anyway.  Good luck.  NB I will not be counting this bet in my figures as this is essentially someone else's tip     

I do a few Lucky15s every day, and some of the races have extra places. Higher odds don't matter if the horse isn't placed.  So I reckon Extra places gives better VFM

I'm using Skybet. 

1445 Carlisle RALPHIE BOY 2 6/1 first 5

1640 Ffos Las or whatever the Ff it is BEAU HAZE 9/4 4 places

1355 Redcar NAUGHTY ANA 12/1 4places

2005 Leicester GREY FOX 7/2 4 places

All each way. It's a good value bet. 

Bono estente! 

Edited by Offramp
Correcting autocorrect

3.30 Ffos Billy Bronco £2.70 win at 9.0 = £20.03 profit if it wins.  Worth a go with Sam Twiston Davies for the Doc

5.35 Leic Chichloui £4 win at 6.2 (um 5.6); School Of Thought £2.00 at 3.05 Cover bet (um 2.94).  Tom Marquand and Mark Crehan

7.05 Leic Dancinginthewoods £3.70 at 6.99 (£19.75 if wins) and Able Kane £2 at 5.3 = £4.80 if wins.  Tom Marquand and Richard Kingscote, great jockeys

£14.40 poss stakes

Back later.  Good luck to all today

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

3.30 Ffos Billy Bronco £2.70 win at 9.0 = £20.03 profit if it wins.  Worth a go with Sam Twiston Davies for the Doc.  LOST

5.35 Leic Chichloui £4 win at 6.2 (matched); School Of Thought £2.00 at 3.05 Cover bet (matched).  Tom Marquand and Mark Crehan £18.42 or 10p on cover bet

7.05 Leic Dancinginthewoods £3.70 at 6.99 (£19.75 if wins) and Able Kane £2 at 5.3 = £4.80 if wins.  Tom Marquand and Richard Kingscote, great jockeys.  added Global Esteem as a cover bet.  Now £17.79 profit if Dancinginthewoods wins and £2.84 or 88p if either of the other two wins.

£14.40 poss stakes

Back later.  Good luck to all today

7.50 Win Youcouldhavesaidno  £5.50 win at 5.5 = £20.83 profit and Gak Wonder £3.50 win at 7.63 = £17.35 if it wins.  Matamua has been heavily backed into favouritism but I'll stick with the Gosden team

8.20 Win  Rains Of Castamere £5.80 win at 4.70 = £21.03 if it wins for William Buick

Total stakes £29.20

6 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

French....

1520 Compiegne Ladyville 5/4 & 1550 Compiegne Garkapstar 11/8 win double

(I usually back two singles and a double but just done a double today)

1345 Ffos Las Apache Creek 15/8 

Might be one or two more.

I have no idea how Apache Creek has been beaten but after drifting to 7/2, it looked the winner heading home and the jockey has just been too cocky on it in my opinion. Very frustrating as would have returned £110. 

On a positive note, my only other bet of the day with the French double lands 4/1 to return £100. 

Good day but should have been much better.

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

RESULTS UPDATE

Two non runners and one winner which was only meant to be and insurance bet.  This amounted to a net loss on the day of £11.36.  My new balance is now £925.86 (Bank £1056.22).  Very annoying that I missed two Tom Marquand's winners today. I should have backed all of his rides and I would have come out on top.

Three flat meetings and two jumps meetings in the UK tomorrow.  The top jockeys seem top be riding at Nottingham.  Let's see if I can back a winner from Tom Marquand and others.