Jump to content
Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Racing Chat Sunday 9th May


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

3.20 Lud Percys Wood £5 win at 5.7 = £23.03 profit if it wins.  Wanted to dutch with Takeit Easy but this one's price has drifted slightly and Glory And Fortune slightly shortened.  I then needed 3.95 for Takeit Easy but in all honesty if it gets to that price then perhaps Glory and Fortune may prove to be the danger horse.  In this circumstance I feel that it is best not to dutch and take a chance on the single bet for the Dan Skelton horse.

Haven't had a chance to look at Plumpton yet. Bard Of Brittany looks interesting in the 4.08 but has had a hefty rise in the weights recently

Takeit Easy is a non runner so I have taken an insurance bet on Glory And Fortune; £3.15 at 2.62 = B/E or 10p.  This means that if Percys Word wins I net £12.05.  £8.15 staked

Bard Of Brittany too short for me at around 3/1 (was 6/1 last night) so I'll leave it.

4.38 Plum Ballyegan Hero.  A small wager of £2.15 at 10.15 = £20.02 net profit if it wins.  This looks to be a very open race

Total stakes = £10.30

Good luck to all punting today; I have to tidy up my study as it's a tip

 

Edited by The Equaliser
Update
Link to post
Share on other sites

All prices Bet365:

1.35 Plumpton - 1pt e/w Decora @ 10/1

1.50 Ludlow - 2pts win Spotty Dog @ 5/1

2.08 Plumpton - 1pt win Ding Ding @ 13/2

2.38 Plumpton - 1pt e/w Manhattan Bullet @ 10/1

2.45 Leopardstown - 2pts win My Generation @ 9/2

3.38 Plumpton - 1pt e/w Kapitaliste @ 12/1

4.15 Leopardstown - 1pt e/w Oh So True @ 16/1

4.45 Leopardstown - 1pt e/w Ebasari @ 20/1

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

No UK flat racing but 2 jumps meetings, I really don't understand the logic of the race planners.

Anyway I'll try an Irish flat selection.

Leopardstown 1.45 

JEROBOAM 2/1

 

 

Yesterday there were too many meetings to realistically look at them all in detail. As you said today we have 2 jumps only and they are of questionable quality.

If it wasn't for the Leopardstown meeting it would be a very poor day.

I understand the focus on a Saturday when you have admission for race goers but given the general public still can't get in, this really makes no sense to load up one day and leave another bereft.

For me its the equivalent of having 4 or 5 premiership games all kick off at 3pm on a Saturday with no fans allowed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

3.20 Lud Percys Wood £5 win at 5.7 = £23.03 profit if it wins.  Wanted to dutch with Takeit Easy but this one's price has drifted slightly and Glory And Fortune slightly shortened.  I then needed 3.95 for Takeit Easy but in all honesty if it gets to that price then perhaps Glory and Fortune may prove to be the danger horse.  In this circumstance I feel that it is best not to dutch and take a chance on the single bet for the Dan Skelton horse.

Haven't had a chance to look at Plumpton yet. Bard Of Brittany looks interesting in the 4.08 but has had a hefty rise in the weights recently

Takeit Easy is a non runner so I have taken an insurance bet on Glory And Fortune; £3.15 at 2.62 = B/E or 10p.  This means that if Percys Word wins I net £12.05.  £8.15 staked

Bard Of Brittany too short for me at around 3/1 (was 6/1 last night) so I'll leave it.

4.38 Plum Ballyegan Hero.  A small wager of £2.15 at 10.15 = £20.02 net profit if it wins.  This looks to be a very open race

Total stakes = £10.30

Good luck to all punting today; I have to tidy up my study as it's a tip

 

Good job I only had Glory And Fortune as an insurance bet.  Percy's Word ran a shocker.

Trying to get £5 win matched on Bard Of Brittany at 5.2 in the 16.08 at Plumpton (currently 5.00) which is more realistic for me. 

Wouldn't go.  Mean bookies pushed it to between 5/2 & 11/4.  I'll let it win at that price

 

 

Edited by The Equaliser
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BBBC said:

Yesterday there were too many meetings to realistically look at them all in detail. As you said today we have 2 jumps only and they are of questionable quality.

If it wasn't for the Leopardstown meeting it would be a very poor day.

I understand the focus on a Saturday when you have admission for race goers but given the general public still can't get in, this really makes no sense to load up one day and leave another bereft.

For me its the equivalent of having 4 or 5 premiership games all kick off at 3pm on a Saturday with no fans allowed.

When are we supposed to be allowed to go back Racing as I know some football fans can watch the play offs after next weekend ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, calva decoy said:

When are we supposed to be allowed to go back Racing as I know some football fans can watch the play offs after next weekend ?

I think I read the 17th of May with reduced entry numbers. I'm sure its pending government go ahead with an announcement planned this week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...