Jump to content
Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** May Poker League Result : 1st McG, 2nd muttley, 3rd GirlyWirly **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st CertiF, 2nd PercyP, 3rd adamross, 4th Joelavfc, 5th Chris P **
** May Naps Competition Result: 1st Internetmails, 2nd Rug, 3rd Rolandcooper, 4th Adamross. KO Cup Winner: Xtc12, Most Winners: Mickyftm32 **

Racing Chat Friday 7th May


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Tough little patch currently but we carry on. Just a couple for me today. Both backed when prices opened yesterday...

1345 Chester Revich 2/1 £10 win

1500 Ascot Aldaary 15/8 £15 win

1605 Ascot Crimson Sand 5/2 £10 win (using £10 bet credits)

1505 Market Rasen An Tailliur & 1850 Ripon Intrinsic Bond 11/2 win double £15

1635 Cork Almafi Coast 2/1 £10 win & Porshe Cavalier 11/2 £5 win

Total outlay = £55 (+ £10 bet credits)

Then from the price it up races I already had Crimson Sand which crosses over and then I've backed the other 5 horses. 

Total outlay from those 5 horses = £45

Ascot 1530
Jonah Jones 4/1 £5 e/w
Equitation 7/1 £3.75 e/w

Ascot 1605
Whittle Le Woods 7/1 £3.75 e/w

Ascot 1640
The Attorney 5/1 £5 e/w
Orgetorix 11/2 £5 e/w
 

Total outlay = £100 (10pts) + £10 bet credits (1pt)

1620 Chester Elysian Flame 5/1 £10 e/w

1950 Ripon Dr T J Eckleburg 11/4 £30

Total outlay = £150 (15pts) + £10 bet credits (1pt)

Edited by Barnes1882
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Best of luck; you could do with a well deserved change in fortune

I just think it's a case of not having the time to study as I was before due to how busy I am. However, I had time for the first time in a while last night and feel confident with my picks today. I've just added a few more selections and that's me done for the day. I've also backed the horses in the price up your own race thread as I like that system and feel long term it will show some great profit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barnes1882 said:

Tough little patch currently but we carry on. Just a couple for me today. Both backed when prices opened yesterday...

1345 Chester Revich 2/1 £10 win

1500 Ascot Aldaary 15/8 £15 win

1605 Ascot Crimson Sand 5/2 £10 win (using £10 bet credits)

1505 Market Rasen An Tailliur & 1850 Ripon Intrinsic Bond 11/2 win double £15

1635 Cork Almafi Coast 2/1 £10 win & Porshe Cavalier 11/2 £5 win

Total outlay = £55 (+ £10 bet credits)

Then from the price it up races I already had Crimson Sand which crosses over and then I've backed the other 5 horses. 

Total outlay from those 5 horses = £45

Ascot 1530
Jonah Jones 4/1 £5 e/w
Equitation 7/1 £3.75 e/w

Ascot 1605
Whittle Le Woods 7/1 £3.75 e/w

Ascot 1640
The Attorney 5/1 £5 e/w
Orgetorix 11/2 £5 e/w
 

Total outlay = £100 (10pts) + £10 bet credits (1pt)

Selections updated and complete.

Will summarise day tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Only looked at Ascot so far.

1.55 Wild Beauty is the money horse but is unraced.  Georgeous star looks value at 4.8 but I'll skip the race

3.00 Aldaary all the rage.  I'm trying to get £3.40 matched on Stylish Performer at 7.2 (was 6.6 now 6.0) I am hoping that the money pours in on the favourite and that my price gets matched

3.30 Jonah Jones £5 win at 6.0; Many a star £2 at 9.6 and Fresh £2 at 9.8.   Hopefully Jonah Jones will win and I get £20.  about a £10 profit if either of the others win

4.05 Crimson Sound cover bet £4.50 win.  Ascot Adventure £3 at 7.2, Whittle Le Woods £3 win at 7.6 and Temple Bruer £2 at 10.5.  Max £10 and Min £6 if any of these wins.  £12.50 staked

Total poss stakes £24.90

Back later hopefully to look at Chester

3.45 Ches Restorer £2.80 win at 8.4 = £20..38 profit if it wins.  Bit of a drifter in the betting market but there seems to be question marks about all the market leaders

Great win by Aldaary,  a real touch of class

Crimson Sound and others let me down so I am going to have another multiple singles bet

4.20 Chest £6 win on Postileo = £18.42 if win, Green Book £2 at 5.9 £1.76 if win and Elysian Flame £2 at 5.6 = £1.18 if win .  Also couldn't resist a £2 place bet at 8.4 for 4 places on Tom Marquand's runner Byron flyer = £14.50 if placed.  It is of no use trying to play this type of bet in-running the big boys know how to exploit this market.  £12 staked

 

 

Edited by The Equaliser
Update
Link to post
Share on other sites

All prices Bet365:

1.00 Market Rasen - 1pt win African Sun @ 15/2

1.20 Ascot - 1pt e/w Chocolate Box @ 16/1

1.30 Market Rasen - 1pt e/w The Come Back Dude @ 25/1

1.45 Chester - 2pts win Grove Ferry @ 5/1

2.00 Market Rasen - 1pt e/w Fingerontheswitch @ 14/1

2.45 Chester - 1pt e/w The Grand Visir @ 16/1

3.30 Ascot - 1pt e/w Marly @ 25/1

4.05 Ascot - 1pt e/w Ballyconneely Bay @ 9/1

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

One late addition (just been told to 'get in a bit lively' on it haha)

Unfortunately I missed the price which apparently was 6/1 when my guy was given it but I managed to get 11/4 just now.

1950 Ripon Dr T J Eckleburg 11/4 £30 win

Trying to get £5 for 5.2 on Betfair (currently 4.8).  I like the Danny Tudhope/David O'Meara combi

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been trying different systems/ways of picking to try and find some consistency. An eventually I have come to the conclusion you are better off picking them yourself.

Am going back to my old way of betting singles & doubles.

5.20 Ripon Wee Loch Lass 11/10
7.30 Nottingham Rains Of Castamere 1/1

5.50 Ripon Twilight Spinner 2/1
7.50 Ripon Delgrey Boy 11/8

Good luck all CNBB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

1605 Ascot Crimson Sand 5/2 £10 win (using £10 bet credits)

I don't get many bet credits these days but when I did I worked out that selecting longer odds shots was the best option.

So if you had ten £10 free bets and backed evens money shots you would expect 5 winners and a return of £50.

If you picked 9/1 shots you would expect 1 winner and a return of £90.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barnes1882 said:

One last addition...

1620 Chester Elysian Flame 5/1 £10 e/w (4 places)

Always irritating when it misses the extra place, especially when it gets the quote "nearest finish".

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Striker said:

Good luck today

4.20 Chester-Postileo @ 7-2  Bet 365

Backed the colt for the main race at big odds but he got eliminated, so should find this easier

Not a bad effort to finish 2nd, after being squeezed out leaving the stalls putting the horse in a poor position

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cannotbebeat said:

I have been trying different systems/ways of picking to try and find some consistency. An eventually I have come to the conclusion you are better off picking them yourself.

Am going back to my old way of betting singles & doubles.

5.20 Ripon Wee Loch Lass 11/10
7.30 Nottingham Rains Of Castamere 1/1

5.50 Ripon Twilight Spinner 2/1
7.50 Ripon Delgrey Boy 11/8

Good luck all CNBB.

Good luck with that.  I guess that many of us get distracted and try out different methods when the old ones don't seem to be working.  It is probably just down to the nature of winning and especially losing sequences which seems to confound us

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Only looked at Ascot so far.

1.55 Wild Beauty is the money horse but is unraced.  Georgeous star looks value at 4.8 but I'll skip the race

3.00 Aldaary all the rage.  I'm trying to get £3.40 matched on Stylish Performer at 7.2 (was 6.6 now 6.0) I am hoping that the money pours in on the favourite and that my price gets matched

3.30 Jonah Jones £5 win at 6.0; Many a star £2 at 9.6 and Fresh £2 at 9.8.   Hopefully Jonah Jones will win and I get £20.  about a £10 profit if either of the others win

4.05 Crimson Sound cover bet £4.50 win.  Ascot Adventure £3 at 7.2, Whittle Le Woods £3 win at 7.6 and Temple Bruer £2 at 10.5.  Max £10 and Min £6 if any of these wins.  £12.50 staked

Total poss stakes £24.90

Back later hopefully to look at Chester

3.45 Ches Restorer £2.80 win at 8.4 = £20..38 profit if it wins.  Bit of a drifter in the betting market but there seems to be question marks about all the market leaders

Great win by Aldaary,  a real touch of class

Crimson Sound and others let me down so I am going to have another multiple singles bet

4.20 Chest £6 win on Postileo = £18.42 if win, Green Book £2 at 5.9 £1.76 if win and Elysian Flame £2 at 5.6 = £1.18 if win .  Also couldn't resist a £2 place bet at 8.4 for 4 places on Tom Marquand's runner Byron flyer = £14.50 if placed.  It is of no use trying to play this type of bet in-running the big boys know how to exploit this market.  £12 staked

 

 

RESULTS UPDATE

Not much luck today but two winners from multiple single bets, none with max profit.  Lost a net amount of £6.40.  My new balance is £917.00 (Bank £1,056.22).

Will play a bit differently tomorrow.  Will try to take max profit out of the strongest market movers and just do cover bets on others.

Some class racing tomorrow at Ascot and Haydock but this brings with it large fields in some of them.  I'm out in the morning so hope I will be back to place some bets for TV racing

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

All prices Bet365:

1.00 Market Rasen - 1pt win African Sun @ 15/2

1.20 Ascot - 1pt e/w Chocolate Box @ 16/1

1.30 Market Rasen - 1pt e/w The Come Back Dude @ 25/1

1.45 Chester - 2pts win Grove Ferry @ 5/1

2.00 Market Rasen - 1pt e/w Fingerontheswitch @ 14/1

2.45 Chester - 1pt e/w The Grand Visir @ 16/1

3.30 Ascot - 1pt e/w Marly @ 25/1

4.05 Ascot - 1pt e/w Ballyconneely Bay @ 9/1

I like forecasts, well reverse forecasts my biggest mistake this week was missing the Grand viser and the weld horse. i had them written both down to cross with Blakeney point (ran a shocker) When one of your selections (often happens) matches one of mine i always add a point on, i generally get why you have picked your horses, respect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...