** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat - Sunday 2nd May

225 newmarket queen power 11/4 most

520 newmarket thunder of niagara betfair sp

210 hamilton soul seeker 5-6 most bookies

315 hamilton ben macdui additional place market when it forms betdaq sp

355 hamilton puckle betfair sp

455 hamilton poets king place only 1.9 + betdaq

420 salisbury boy in the bar betfair sp

Edited by Wildgarden

All prices Bet365

1.50 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Hyanna @ 10/1

2.25 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Lady Hayes @ 10/1

2.40 Hamilton - 2pts win Alright Sunshine @ 9/2

3.00 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Posted @ 17/2

3.10 Salisbury - 1pt win Farhan @ 6/1

3.40 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Thunder Beauty @ 16/1 and 1pt e/w Fev Rover @ 20/1

3.45 Salisbury - 1pt win Tawahub @ 7/1

1.15 Nm No Bet Francesco Guardi off 227 days; disappointed last time out.  Strong in the market but not for me

1.50 Nm Global Storm looks to be the best bet according to market vibes.  I will check again later.  Zabeel Champion won't go down without a fight

3.40 Nm I have had £2.30 to win on Statement at 10.00.  Also had £1.30 to win on Santa Barbara at 2/1 as an insurance bet.  Nothing looks exceptionally a good bet here

1.00 Sal Out In Yorkshire looks to be a good bet even with a penalty.  Trying to get £16 matched  at 2.28.  Don't want to put £20 on at evens. Will let it go if not matched.

1.30 Sal Hamoudi looks best but at 5/4 I'm not playing.  There is a lot of market support for Aesthete 11/4 from 4/1 & 9/2 last night. Ran badly last time and changed trainer since. State Secretary looks very easy to back. Put up as 11/10, 5/4 last night and you can get 4/1 now so that does not look good

Poss stakes so far = £19.60

18 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

225 newmarket queen power 11/4 most 2-1 start 2nd narrowly

520 newmarket thunder of niagara betfair sp nowhere

210 hamilton soul seeker 5-6 most bookies won

315 hamilton ben macdui additional place market when it forms betdaq sp no where

355 hamilton puckle betfair sp 2nd by neck

455 hamilton poets king place only 1.9 + betdaq 3rd (top 2 ;-() 

420 salisbury boy in the bar betfair sp nowhere

results 1/7 bad weekend with lots of nearlies.

Edited by Wildgarden

4 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

1.15 Nm No Bet Francesco Guardi off 227 days; disappointed last time out.  Strong in the market but not for me

1.50 Nm Global Storm looks to be the best bet according to market vibes.  I will check again later.  Zabeel Champion won't go down without a fight

3.40 Nm I have had £2.30 to win on Statement at 10.00.  Also had £1.30 to win on Santa Barbara at 2/1 as an insurance bet.  Nothing looks exceptionally a good bet here

1.00 Sal Out In Yorkshire looks to be a good bet even with a penalty.  Trying to get £16 matched  at 2.28.  Don't want to put £20 on at evens. Will let it go if not matched.

1.30 Sal Hamoudi looks best but at 5/4 I'm not playing.  There is a lot of market support for Aesthete 11/4 from 4/1 & 9/2 last night. Ran badly last time and changed trainer since. State Secretary looks very easy to back. Put up as 11/10, 5/4 last night and you can get 4/1 now so that does not look good

Poss stakes so far = £19.60

No winners so far

3.55 Ham El Picador £16 win at 2.28 & Where's Jeff £4 win at 5.4 (insurance bet). 

£20 staked

No matter which way you look at things one of these so called commentators need to ask questions about every aspect of the 1000g including the hype. Is anyone suggesting that Aiden O'Brien does not know which one of his horses is expected to win? He's supposed to be a genius isn't he?

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

No matter which way you look at things one of these so called commentators need to ask questions about every aspect of the 1000g including the hype. Is anyone suggesting that Aiden O'Brien does not know which one of his horses is expected to win? He's supposed to be a genius isn't he?

You don't have to spend much time looking at past results in the Classics to see that Ballydoyle don't "know" for certain which of their runners has the best chance. Wings of Eagles, Serpentine etc .

22 hours ago, Ironjoe said:

Overal +16

month -4.5

Hamilton 4.25 granite city doc 28/1 1pt EW

Newmarket 3. Lavenders blue 4/1 2pt win

Newmarket 3.40 alcohol free 8/1 1pt win AND seattle rock 0.5pts EW

Newmarket 4.15 berkshire pheonix 3/1 2pt win

8 points staked 

Good luck ? 

Shocking day/weekend to start the month, day or 2 off to recharge the batterys i think

Overall +8

Month -12.5

16 hours ago, Alastair said:

You don't have to spend much time looking at past results in the Classics to see that Ballydoyle don't "know" for certain which of their runners has the best chance. Wings of Eagles, Serpentine etc .

with respect that may also prove the point that they are out and out cheating, what about all the hype? someone commentated just before the race that it looked a bit "big" but the "word" from ballydoyle was, this thing is the bees knees, they never mentioned it might need a run which it obviously did. my point is and was, a question must be asked instead of all this butt licking that the commentators do. 

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

with respect that may also prove the point that they are out and out cheating, what about all the hype? someone commentated just before the race that it looked a bit "big" but the "word" from ballydoyle was, this thing is the bees knees, they never mentioned it might need a run which it obviously did. my point is and was, a question must be asked instead of all this butt licking that the commentators do. 

How on earth are Ballydoyle "cheating" ? I don't see what question should be asked; horses on the racecourse have been falling short of expectations from work on the gallops ever since racing began.