** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > April 24th

Darran

1 bet 1 winner again on Tuesday night and hopefully the good run can continue with these 3 bets on Saturday.

Altrincham v Barnet

Barnet are unbeaten in 3 games since the new management team came in and they look an improved side. They have only conceded once in those 3 matches which is huge given the goals they were conceding before that. Granted they have only score in one of those games albeit they got 3 against Aldershot, and their lack of goals is a concern, but they look too big a price so I have to back them. Alty aren't scoring goals either and haven't scored in their last 3 which they have all lost. 4 games back they beat Maidenhead 1-0, but that was a fluke goal which went straight in from a corner and with Barnet now improving at the back Alty will find it tough to score here. I think these two teams are much closer together right now than the odds suggest and I would make Barnet around 9/4 shots.

Boreham Wood v Stockport

You would have made a small fortune backing Wood to draw in recent months and no doubt they won't draw now I have actually put them up as a bet. They drew again against Barnet last week and it almost doesn't seem to matter what level of opposition they are facing. Stockport got two good wins over Kings Lynn and Wrexham, but then they weren't great again against Maidenhead last Saturday in a 2-2 draw. This could easily be another game where the points are shared.

Maidenhead v Woking

Opposing Woking has been a nice money earner in recent weeks and I am happy to do so again. At their best I think Maidenhead can beat pretty much anyone in the division and they are finding their form again after a run of poor performances. They put 6 past a hopeless Wealdstone on Tuesday and with Woking continuing to look off the pace I think the home side can pick up another 3 points.

Barnet 1pt @ 24/5 with William Hill

Boreham Wood v Stockport draw 1pt @ 23/10 with Bet365

Maidenhead 2.5pts @ 6/5 with William Hill and Betfred

I've already mentioned to Darran what I'm putting up here, although he hasn't expressed a view (probably out of kindness!) but bet365's goalscorer market on the Wrexham v Chesterfield market is just jaw droppingly laughable. I won't criticise them for not having Chesterfield's new signing Danny Rowe listed (and we know that, if they listed him at the likely short odds they wouldn't push the others out anyway) but whoever set the odds has done NO research at all, and I mean none.

Leading the market is Chris Sang, with first/last scorer odds of 6.00 and anytime odds of 2.87. He has played no more than 10 minutes since he joined us (Wrexham) a couple of weeks ago! Following him is Asante (out for 9 months), Dior Angus (he will start but odds are pretty short) and then Scott Boden (who plays for Torquay now!). There are more errors like that but, as such, there are now a couple of players you may want to take a look at.

The first pick is Jordan Davies. He was the "next big thing" when we sold him to BHA but things didn't work out there for him, although he was a regular in their u23s. Coming back to us and then having to play out of position in "grown up" football has seen him take time to adjust, but he is showing what we know he has now he is playing as an attacking midfielder supporting the fornt two. He has scored 4 in the last 2 games and is known to hit a free kick. He has also hit the post and the bar and the goals have come from his head and both feet. He is brimful of confidence right now. His odds are 17.00 first/last and anytime 7.50

The second pick, at shorter odds, is another midfielder, Luke Young. He also takes free kicks, is our penalty taker and likes to take a shot if he has sight of goal. He's scored 8 so far and, at odds of 12.00 first/last and 5.00 anytime. Odds are obviously nowhere near the value of JD though.