** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Thursday 15th April

All prices Bet365:

1.15 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Privacy @ 14/1

1.30 Cheltenham - 1pt e/w Will Victory @ 25/1

1.50 Newmarket - 2pts win Jumby @ 5/1

2.05 Cheltenham - 1pt win Her Indoors @ 7/1

2.25 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Chipping Away @ 25/1

2.40 Cheltenham - 1pt e/w Irish Roe @ 10/1

3.25 Ripon - 1pt e/w Dark Defender @ 12/1

3.35 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Sandhurst @ 10/1

Right today is the start of the new approach (flat stakes of £15).... (few bits of info passed on so a few more than if I was selecting just my own)

Win double

1725 Newcastle Maytal

1955 Newcastle Royal Advice

2/1

Win single

1840 Lyon Iresine 5/4 (INFO)

Win double

1500 Newmarket Oxted

1635 Ripon Emperor Spirit (INFO)

3/1

Win double

1602 Lyon Sibila Spain (INFO)

1840 Lyon Iresine (INFO)

3/1

Win single

1525 Ripon Mid Winster 7/2

E/W Single

1740 Lyon Mystery 6/1 (INFO)

6 bets in total.

Starting pot = £1000

Current pot = £910

Info for the Ripon selection said although it's short, it's short for a very good reason.

French info is from someone who is very good at studying the French horses. Although it's not stable info, I class it as info as he is exceptionally good with the French racing and although they don't all win, I'm certainly in profit from his selections. 

Good luck today ????

Edited by Barnes1882

6 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Right today is the start of the new approach (flat stakes of £15).... (few bits of info passed on so a few more than if I was selecting just my own)

Win double

1725 Newcastle Maytal

2/1

Win treble

1330 Cheltenham The Glancing Queen

1500 Newmarket Oxted

1635 Ripon Emperor Spirit

13/2

Win double

1500 Newmarket Oxted

1635 Ripon Emperor Spirit

3/1

Win double

1602 Lyon Sibila Spain 

1840 Lyon Iresine 

3/1

Win single

E/W Single

1740 Lyon Mystery 6/1

6 bets in total.

Starting pot = £1000

Current pot = £910

Forgot to highlight the info horses. Will update now in original post.

37 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Win double

1725 Newcastle Maytal

2/1

Win treble

1500 Newmarket Oxted

13/2

Win double

1500 Newmarket Oxted

3/1

Win double

1840 Lyon Iresine (INFO)

3/1

Win single

E/W Single

6 bets in total.

Starting pot = £1000

Current pot = £910

Info for the Ripon selection said although it's short, it's short for a very good reason.

French info is from someone who is very good at studying the French horses. Although it's not stable info, I class it as info as he is exceptionally good with the French racing and although they don't all win, I'm certainly in profit from his selections. 

Good luck today ????

Glancing Queen NR so I've cashed that bet out as already have the double.

Replaced with single on French runner.

29 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Win double

1725 Newcastle Maytal

2/1

Win treble

1500 Newmarket Oxted

13/2

Win double

1500 Newmarket Oxted

3/1

Win double

1840 Lyon Iresine (INFO)

3/1

Win single

E/W Single

6 bets in total.

Starting pot = £1000

Current pot = £910

Good luck today ????

What's your % win expectancy ? 

What's the relevance of 15 to 1000 ? 

Backing favs the % should be high therefore at level stakes 15 into 1000 = 66 and bits is not only a weird number but in my opinion a waste of resources.

Also , there may be some who will choose to follow,  it would be prudent not to mention any 'extra' bets or prices taken that are not available when posted , it's being disrespectful to other members to declare after a losing day ' I had x on that so actually I won ' 

You spoke of wanting transparency so sure you understand what I mean . 

Good luck with your endeavor 

41 minutes ago, roger2256 said:

Backing favs the % should be high therefore at level stakes 15 into 1000 = 66 and bits is not only a weird number but in my opinion a waste of resources.

Also , there may be some who will choose to follow,  it would be prudent not to mention any 'extra' bets or prices taken that are not available when posted , it's being disrespectful to other members to declare after a losing day ' I had x on that so actually I won ' 

I don't have a % win expectancy. It's racing, so as you will know, we shouldn't expect anything. I just have to continue to have confidence in my selections and the info I receive.

I used to work on a pts system but many said flat stakes were a more sensible approach and to select a stake you're comfortable with. The amount I'm comfortable with staking is £15 per selection and that is purely down to personal preference. I like to have 50pts available to me in my betting bank so would have probably gone with £20 stakes. However, I am trying to be sensible to start with and hopefully work my way up. As previously stated, I will stake more if the info I receive is solid. Out of interest, what would you suggest stake wise with a bank of £1000? 

I accept that on previous days I have posted later on about extra bets that have turned a losing day into a winning one and upon reflection accept that this was a poor decision and can only apologise for this. I would have loved to have posted those selections when placed but I am a teacher and time as you can imagine is very hard to come by so I am not always able to do so. 

I've come on the site as it looked a great site with some great posters who enjoy racing. I just wanted to post my selections and enjoy the racing. If people choose to follow then fantastic, but I certainly don't control what others choose to back. I sincerely hope that if people choose to back my selections that they win some money from them but I have never encouraged anyone to do so.

I was happy with my staking plan of pts but listened to the majority and it made sense to move to a flat stake. Today is the first day I have done that and I am still tinkering with it and open to suggestions so welcome any constructive criticism. 

Warm regards.

3 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Win double

1725 Newcastle Maytal

2/1

Win single

Win double

1500 Newmarket Oxted

3/1

Win double

1840 Lyon Iresine (INFO)

3/1

Win single

E/W Single

6 bets in total.

Starting pot = £1000

Current pot = £910

Good luck today ????

Info horse yet to run but let down in the double by Oxted. I backed Summerghand three runs ago at Doncaster and ran an average race. He's since beaten me into 2nd on the last two occasions. You couldn't make it up.

Can't not have a bet on the info horse I was given so I've put it in a 2/1 double with Sibila Spain.

1602 Sibila Spain 

1635 Emperor Spirit 

2/1

Edited by Barnes1882

2 hours ago, roger2256 said:

Sorry to have to say this Roger but I feel that your comments are a bit harsh in relation to a new very successful recruit to Punters Lounge.  He seems to me to be a very genuine and sincere helpful chap who is willing to listen to other members.  It came across to me that you were being a bit of a bully and this did not seem to be appropriate.

30 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Sorry to have to say this Roger but I feel that your comments are a bit harsh in relation to a new very successful recruit to Punters Lounge.  He seems to me to be a very genuine and sincere helpful chap who is willing to listen to other members.  It came across to me that you were being a bit of a bully and this did not seem to be appropriate.

To be fair to Roger I think it is fair to ask someone what sort of percentage of winners they back as that is a significant factor that drives the stakes a punter risks as a proportion of their betting bank.

I don't follow anyone else in my betting but have enjoyed Barnes' contributions and enthusiasm. Interesting to see that he/she is a teacher - as was Phil Bull before he took up a career on the turf full time.

3 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

I don't have a % win expectancy. It's racing, so as you will know, we shouldn't expect anything. I just have to continue to have confidence in my selections and the info I receive.

I used to work on a pts system but many said flat stakes were a more sensible approach and to select a stake you're comfortable with. The amount I'm comfortable with staking is £15 per selection and that is purely down to personal preference. I like to have 50pts available to me in my betting bank so would have probably gone with £20 stakes. However, I am trying to be sensible to start with and hopefully work my way up. As previously stated, I will stake more if the info I receive is solid. Out of interest, what would you suggest stake wise with a bank of £1000? 

I accept that on previous days I have posted later on about extra bets that have turned a losing day into a winning one and upon reflection accept that this was a poor decision and can only apologise for this. I would have loved to have posted those selections when placed but I am a teacher and time as you can imagine is very hard to come by so I am not always able to do so. 

I've come on the site as it looked a great site with some great posters who enjoy racing. I just wanted to post my selections and enjoy the racing. If people choose to follow then fantastic, but I certainly don't control what others choose to back. I sincerely hope that if people choose to back my selections that they win some money from them but I have never encouraged anyone to do so.

I was happy with my staking plan of pts but listened to the majority and it made sense to move to a flat stake. Today is the first day I have done that and I am still tinkering with it and open to suggestions so welcome any constructive criticism. 

Warm regards.

Thank you @Barnes1882for your time and effort. Thank you to everyone who contributes to this forum. Whether the bets win or lose, people should respect the time and effort into predicting/evaluating/posting. It is up to each individual person to follow the bets or not and at their own risk. Much appreciated @Barnes1882. Good luck with your bets. x

Viva La France ?

3/3 over in France saves the day. 

6/1, 5/4 & 8/13 winners. Doubled up on two of them as well. Hope some of you backed the French ones, might just start backing the French and stay clear of the UK ?

Will post my updated figures later on. Really frustrating with the UK info I had also. Horse was so green and blew it's chances early on in the race and was still only just touched off in 2nd. Will be one to follow next time out I think. Drifted to 7/4 as well so would have returned a nice amount on the double.

Really appreciate the kind messages from everyone on here today, it hasn't gone unnoticed and I'm extremely glad to be part of this forum. 

Areas for improvement....Must try harder B-

Mr. Barnett

11 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Win double

1725 Newcastle Maytal

2/1

Win single

Win double

1500 Newmarket Oxted

3/1

Win double

1840 Lyon Iresine (INFO)

3/1

Win single

E/W Single

6 bets in total.

Starting pot = £1000

Current pot = £910

Good luck today ????

£120 (8 × £15) staked over 8 bets.

£165 returned.

£45 profit.

Current bank £1045. 

Had a good think today and I am going to stake £20 as my flat stake on bets. That's what I'm comfortable with so that's what I will do. When I get info however, I will possibly stake £30 on those if I am confident in them. I will state clearly next to the bets the stake. 

I have one info horse for tomorrow for example which I've staked £30 on as it's from my Crowley contact. Only info horses (UK & France) will have increased stakes.

Hope everyone had a profitable day.