** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 13th April

3pt win single

1335 Newmarket 

Forca Brasil 9/4 (Put this one up the other week and it was pulled due to the vets recommendation. Trainer has come out since and was very unhappy it was pulled. I think they were expecting a big run. Jumps off the paper on breeding and has been backed in from opening price. I don't like 5f 2yo races at all as they're so unpredictable but I'm willing to take a chance on this one tomorrow). 

2pt win single 

1555 Newmarket 

Riot 5/1 

4.5pt win single

1630 Newmarket

Rewaayat 5/2 (Was sent this at 7/2 but missed the price. I get info quite regularly from someone connected to Crowley and I'll always make sure when it's info that I state that on here but Jim is quite keen on this horses chances tomorrow. Tough looking day but he is expecting a good run). 

9.5pts staked and will be a few more up tomorrow. 

Edited by Barnes1882

16 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Couple in France today but both short. Going to have a small play on the double but not as confident as other days.

1050 Tarbes Ethnic Type 8/15
1420 Chantilly Soldier Rising 11/8

No good today, lost 1.5pts on that.

13 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

3pt win single

1335 Newmarket 

Forca Brasil 9/4 (Put this one up the other week and it was pulled due to the vets recommendation. Trainer has come out since and was very unhappy it was pulled. I think they were expecting a big run. Jumps off the paper on breeding and has been backed in from opening price. I don't like 5f 2yo races at all as they're so unpredictable but I'm willing to take a chance on this one tomorrow). 

2pt win single 

1555 Newmarket 

Riot 5/1 

4.5pt win single

1630 Newmarket

Rewaayat 5/2 (Was sent this at 7/2 but missed the price. I get info quite regularly from someone connected to Crowley and I'll always make sure when it's info that I state that on here but Jim is quite keen on this horses chances tomorrow. Tough looking day but he is expecting a good run). 

Two more doubles and done for the day....

2pt win double

1400 Southwell First Class Return

1420 Newton Abbot Whiskey Lullaby

5/1

2pt win double

1410 Newmarket Noble Dynasty

1930 Newcastle Victorious Night

6/1

15pts staked in total (1.5pts lost already of that 15pts due to French double)

13 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

3pt win single

1335 Newmarket 

2pt win single 

1555 Newmarket 

Riot 5/1 

4.5pt win single

1630 Newmarket

135 drifting out still worth the bet? i have riot and rewaayat on my system too must be winners! im double now on them

Edited by Wildgarden

All prices Bet365:

1.35 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Fourshadesofsilver @ 22/1

Doesn't have the powerful connections of some of these but has an excellent pedigree with several smart half siblings and its dam was good too. Will stay further in time but its relatives have 2 year old form and the sire's 2 year old speed should serve this one well as it starts its career so looks a live outsider.

2.00 Southwell - 1pt e/w Mr Mafia @ 14/1

Might need this return but will enjoy conditions and this track suits his front running style. Is eased in grade on his return and I want to take on the favourite up the weights as he doesn't look straight forward. Hopefully the old boy is fit enough to do himself justice first time out. 

2.45 Newmarket - 2pts win Overwrite @ 11/2

I'm hoping this is as simple as having the only front runner in the field. This track regularly pays to be on the pace and this one has ideal conditions, is off a decent mark and ran well last time out so looks to hold every chance of making all against rivals who almost exclusively race midfield or in the rear. 

3.30 Newton Abbot - 1pt e/w Mystic Court @ 10/1

This looks more suitable having run over 3 miles and in selling company when not favoured by the weights lately. Needs a sound surface and this trip looks ideal so off a workable mark looks a solid option at a double figure price.

3.45 Southwell - 1pt win Mr Katanga @ 6/1

Is bred to be decent and to stay well so I'm hoping he's given a more positive ride than he got at Taunton when staying on from behind. Has stronger handling today with Gavin Sheehan on board and I think with a more forceful ride and conditions to suit, he can land this.

3.55 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Double or Bubble @ 9/1

Has done nothing wrong in three starts to date and was clear with another decent type when winning an Ascot handicap last time out. Won when fresh last season, her sister won this race in the past (and was rated higher than this filly) and races handily which suits around here so with more to come, looks a decent price.

4.30 Newmarket - 1pt e/w Secretinthepark @ 25/1

Ran well over c&d on his reappearance last year off a higher mark and although getting on a bit, could still be a threat off this mark. Likes to go from the front which will suit here so with conditions to suit, could outrun his odds.

1 hour ago, Wildgarden said:

135 drifting out still worth the bet? i have riot and rewaayat on my system too must be winners! im double now on them

I've still got it mate yes. I know it's drifted but they all have because one has been smashed in. Now that's clearly fancied to go well but it's a 5f 2yo race which as I previously mentioned I don't like to bet on. All it takes is that red hot fav to miss the break and it's race over. They're risky affiars these races so I'm happy to keep my bet on and trust my assumption that they're expecting a big run is correct, but I couldn't advise others on whether to keep the bet or cash out sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

I've still got it mate yes. I know it's drifted but they all have because one has been smashed in. Now that's clearly fancied to go well but it's a 5f 2yo race which as I previously mentioned I don't like to bet on. All it takes is that red hot fav to miss the break and it's race over. They're risky affiars these races so I'm happy to keep my bet on and trust my assumption that they're expecting a big run is correct, but I couldn't advise others on whether to keep the bet or cash out sorry. 

yeah ive dropped 5-6f from my system. backing the larger prices is profitable with right parameters but long losing runs between! i prefer to cover some.0 to 9-2 and some 5-1 to 14-1!

7 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Great start Barnes1882 ?

Sorry about today guys. 

15pts staked and 15pts returned with the drift to 4/1 on the winner. Really glad I stuck with my bet on Forca, I was extremely confident with it and couldn't understand why the other was backed so strongly. 

End the day level.

Have another debutant going up shortly in tomorrow's thread.

Hope you've all had good days.