** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2021

1 hour ago, bet4fun said:

sakari's real test is coming in next game against the champion iga. today was more of kenin playing badly than sakkari playing well.

I watched the match together with many other matches thanks to Eurosport. Sakkari serves better than many ATP players. She looks like a king kong as body building material. Someone here, and BEFORE the tournament starting, predicted Sakkari as winner of the WTA Roland Garros. I can not find a reason to disagree. I also fancy very much Pavluchenkova who also is hiiting the ball like crazy. Very strange tournament. Anyone of the last 8 of WTA tour can lift the trophy punters. This is the nature of the WTA tour.

13 hours ago, delfino said:

I watched the match together with many other matches thanks to Eurosport. Sakkari serves better than many ATP players. She looks like a king kong as body building material. Someone here, and BEFORE the tournament starting, predicted Sakkari as winner of the WTA Roland Garros. I can not find a reason to disagree. I also fancy very much Pavluchenkova who also is hiiting the ball like crazy. Very strange tournament. Anyone of the last 8 of WTA tour can lift the trophy punters. This is the nature of the WTA tour.

The only decent player Sakkari has come past so far is Elise Mertens. Kenin was utterly woeful. Yes this is a huge opportunity for her - as in, she may not come up against a weaker field than this deep in a grand slam, but I just can't envision her coming past Swiatek. If she does, somehow, then maybe it could be her year. Great potential for sure. 

As I said pre-tournament, my dark horse is Paula Badosa. I think she has the game to defeat Iga on her day, and her route to the final seems very possible. you only need to watch her 2-0 win vs. Barty in Charleston to see how good she can be. 

Pavs also very impressive to come from a set down to defeat Vika and Sabalenka - although Sabalenka did kind of defeat herself a bit. Her match vs. Rybakina will be a fun one. 

On WTA tour, no result will cause even the slighted surprise to me. Anyone can beat anyone especially now at last 8 phase of the tournament. My evidence are the results of the previous Grand slams. Where is Barty? Where is Halep? Where is Ostapenko? Where is Muguruza? Where is Stephens as finalist? Where are...... tens of others?

So, i remain focus on the ATP tour.

Fokina +7.5 games to beat Zverev @1.83 bet365

Medvedev to beat Tsitsipas @2.75 bet365

For Fokina i thing he is very strong and devoted player especially on clay courts to cause all kind of troubles against the lucky drawer Zverev.

For Medvedev now. He is the oowwoo player of the tournament, although obviously not so comfortable on clay surfaces. 

But i can't see how the always nervous Tsitsipas can break his incredible service game. 

Medvedev is a statue, a monument of cold killer. Tsitsipas sometimes get upset without any reason. Sometimes looks too much emotional, under too much pressure. For me Tsitsipsas is not mature and complete player yet. Perhaps in one-two years to be ready, not now.

Here i go with the monumental killer Medvedev to give the lesson to the greek at such a massive price!

Good luck friends!

5 hours ago, AgaRadwanska said:

The only decent player Sakkari has come past so far is Elise Mertens. Kenin was utterly woeful. Yes this is a huge opportunity for her - as in, she may not come up against a weaker field than this deep in a grand slam, but I just can't envision her coming past Swiatek. If she does, somehow, then maybe it could be her year. Great potential for sure. 

As I said pre-tournament, my dark horse is Paula Badosa. I think she has the game to defeat Iga on her day, and her route to the final seems very possible. you only need to watch her 2-0 win vs. Barty in Charleston to see how good she can be. 

Pavs also very impressive to come from a set down to defeat Vika and Sabalenka - although Sabalenka did kind of defeat herself a bit. Her match vs. Rybakina will be a fun one. 

It's an irony, I guess. Mertens in the 3rd round, Kenin in the 4th round and Swiatek in the QFs and you are saying that you can't imagine her having a weaker draw than this? Badosa is the 27th seed and she has faced Davis (1R), Kovinic (2R), Bogdan (3R), Vondrousova (4R) and Zidansek (QFs). To be fair, I can't imagine a weaker draw than this for a 27th seed. Gauff has faced Krunic (1R), Wang (2R), an injured Brady (3R), Jabeur (4R) and now he she will face Krejcikova (QFs). Sakkari's draw is so much harder than any of these 2 players.

Tsitsipas vs Medvedev - Both players will win 1 set at 1.67 with William Hill

I have Tsitsipas to win the 4th quarter but when I placed that bet I wasn't expecting Medvedev to play as he has done till now. He had an easy draw but he passed his first real test (Garin) successfully (3-0). The way he ended the third set was just impressive. Tsitsipas is still the favorite one to win this match but Medvedev has impressed me. I expect both players to win at least one set. This same bet is priced at 1.45 at betfair so this one is value. 

1 hour ago, darko08 said:

It's an irony, I guess. Mertens in the 3rd round, Kenin in the 4th round and Swiatek in the QFs and you are saying that you can't imagine her having a weaker draw than this? Badosa is the 27th seed and she has faced Davis (1R), Kovinic (2R), Bogdan (3R), Vondrousova (4R) and Zidansek (QFs). To be fair, I can't imagine a weaker draw than this for a 27th seed. Gauff has faced Krunic (1R), Wang (2R), an injured Brady (3R), Jabeur (4R) and now he she will face Krejcikova (QFs). Sakkari's draw is so much harder than any of these 2 players.

so kenin is a strong opponent is it?? can't say the same about mertens but mertens has struggled the whole year. the game she blew against muchova in australian..being 5-0 up in 1st set to lost 7-5 can't call her a contender if a top 20 person blows a game like this

7 hours ago, AgaRadwanska said:

badosa is gone and i don't understand how zidansek did it but she is a top underdog and looking at french open history can win it as well. she is showing form like ostapenko of 2017

29 minutes ago, bet4fun said:

so kenin is a strong opponent is it?? can't say the same about mertens but mertens has struggled the whole year. the game she blew against muchova in australian..being 5-0 up in 1st set to lost 7-5 can't call her a contender if a top 20 person blows a game like this

Mertens is 22-8 this year. She played 2 finals and she won the first WTA event of the year. SFs in Dubai and QFs in Madrid. Mertens is always a candidate to reach the last rounds of every single GS. The only reason why she's out is cause she faced Sakkari in the third round. I haven't seen all the matches but that match (Mertens-Sakkari) has been the most high quality match I have seen so far in the women's draw this edition. You can't say that she's not a real candidate only cause she lost 1 match. In the AO Barty won the first against Muchova 6-1 and she was leading the second one 2-0 but she finally lost that match (6-1, 3-6, 2-6). I guess that means Barty is not a real candidate to win any other tournament this year, right? Well, she has won 2 tournaments (Stuttgart and Miami) and reached the final in Madrid after that defeat... Nadal lost against Tsitsipas 3-2 in the AO when she was leading the match 2-0. That means Nadal is not a candidate anymore? I don't think so, cause he has won 2 titles (Barcelona and Rome) since that defeat. Kenin' year is awful. I said in a previous post that she's miles away from her best form. I said that she was playing with no confidence and I also said the she knew she wouldn't reach the finals round here. That been said, she's still the world number 5 and the current finalist here. I repeat, comparing Sakkari's draw with Badosa/Gauff's draw is a bad joke.

1 hour ago, bet4fun said:

badosa is gone and i don't understand how zidansek did it but she is a top underdog and looking at french open history can win it as well. she is showing form like ostapenko of 2017

Me niether. A multiple GS winner losing againt Zidansek. It's bonkers.

9 hours ago, darko08 said:

Tsitsipas vs Medvedev - Both players will win 1 set at 1.67 with William Hill

I have Tsitsipas to win the 4th quarter but when I placed that bet I wasn't expecting Medvedev to play as he has done till now. He had an easy draw but he passed his first real test (Garin) successfully (3-0). The way he ended the third set was just impressive. Tsitsipas is still the favorite one to win this match but Medvedev has impressed me. I expect both players to win at least one set. This same bet is priced at 1.45 at betfair so this one is value. 

Medvedev had a couple of SPs in the second set but he played them really bad, too conservative... This bet was there... That been said, Tsitsipas has proved that the difference between them on clay is big. The only way Medvedev had to win this match was playing super aggressive but it's impossible to maintain that level in a 5 set match. He was superior in the second half of the second set but then he was outclassed in the TB. Then he broke Tsitsipas in the third set but I can't say he was close to win that one cause Tsitsipas broke him back to nil just in the next game. Too much hype on Medvedev and I have to say sorry for falling on that.

At least the bet on Tsitsipas to win the 4th quarter is won. 8-4 overall, not bad.

Edited by darko08

Barbora Krejcikova to beat Maria Sakkari at 2.50 with BetVictor

Playing this purely on price. It seems more or less like a coin toss, depending on which of the two handles the pressure better. Krejcikova has been doing that better recently and is coming off her first title, while Sakkari's win over Swiatek could be a curse for this one, especially with no free day between the matches.

41 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

Barbora Krejcikova to beat Maria Sakkari at 2.50 with BetVictor

Playing this purely on price. It seems more or less like a coin toss, depending on which of the two handles the pressure better. Krejcikova has been doing that better recently and is coming off her first title, while Sakkari's win over Swiatek could be a curse for this one, especially with no free day between the matches.

You will lose your money in style. I guess that you have never watched Sakaraki in the tournament. Sakkaraki is is like a female lion, super powerful tennis, she will destroy the innocent barbora more easy than she destroyed Iga today. Where was Iga today? Did anyone see her? Because i haven't seen her sat all. 

2 hours ago, delfino said:

You will lose your money in style. I guess that you have never watched Sakaraki in the tournament. Sakkaraki is is like a female lion, super powerful tennis, she will destroy the innocent barbora more easy than she destroyed Iga today. Where was Iga today? Did anyone see her? Because i haven't seen her sat all. 

Kind of agree that Sakkari* will probably make it past Krej, if (big if) she continues to play at this level. She isn't always this good, and Krejickova's mental game seems a lot stronger. 

Krejickova did have some issues serving today - I think 8 DFs - which is unusual for her. Nerves will play a part for both, as this is uncharted territory for them. 

58 minutes ago, CzechPunter said:

So you're going big on Sakkari @delfino?

I don't think he does... All female players remaining can win. In fact, he said on a previous post that anybody can win anybody so it seems he's trolling us a little bit. Besides, Krejcikova beat Sakkari in Dubai in 2 sets just 3 months ago. And I have seen they also played in 2014 on clay and Krecikova also won that one in 2 sets. Sakkari is the favorite, for sure, but nobody will be shocked if Krejcikova wins this one. She has beat Sakkari before and she's on 10 winning streak. 

Are you trolling us @delfino ? or you really have bet the mortgage on Sakkari??

Edited by darko08

34 minutes ago, 717171 said:

Contradiction much?! ?

''Where are they?''

''Where is Barty?'' She pulled out with an injury, again. Fully fit Barty would likely still be involved. 

''Where is Halep?'' She didn't attend due to an injury. 

''Where is Ostapenko?'' Probably playing doubles and pulling funny faces somewhere, with Mattek-Sands?

''Where is Stephens?'' ?‍♂️ Sloane has been dreadful for a few years. Krejickova is better than her at the tennis. 

''Where are tens of others?'' Preparing for Wimbledon? Retired? Too old? Clay isn't for them?

''Anyone can beat anyone'' - yes, because WTA is not best of 5 sets. 

?

Edited by AgaRadwanska
Zidansek ftw

I’m taking Krejcikova , sure Sakkari has been playing very good but she also chokes sometimes. I believe it’s a game for mental strength and with that in mind I think Krejcikova has the advantage. Also it seems IGA wasn’t feeling good today so that adds. IMO on a 50/50 type of game I’ll happily take the plus money. 

4 hours ago, delfino said:

I am even more tempted to go with Krejikova after reading a comment like this. Losing money in style is the natural default state of a gambler so one will not be doing anything really different going with a favorite like Sakkaraki as you have preferred to call her. Sakkari has always looked like this female Lion that you have described. It certainly did not come into view after her victory over Iga. And by the way Iga had been long overdue for a heavy defeat as players were now beginning to catch up with her game. This is something that every player has to go through till they rediscover themselves a second time, We saw that with players with Muguruza, and recently with Kenin, Vekic, Kerber . Some players never quite make it back like Bouchard. In what has certainly been a very erratic and strange tournament I almost feel the best way forward is to only play with what you can afford to lose then aim to lose it in style to have a chance of winning. I strongly feel that Krejikova is the best on the field left especially with her very convincing 2-0 h2h over Sakkari. the set score in both cases will clearly suggest that Krej is master. Nothing would have changed much. I feel the bookies much have had some balls to make Sakkari favorite. Anyone who beats the tournament favorite should be favorite in their opinion. After all What do they care if such thinking has the potential to drown a few unsuspecting punters.

Tsitsipas (-1,5 Sets) to beat Alexander Zverev at 1.83 with betfair

Zverev has been the luckiest guy of the whole tournament. He was in the same quarter than Thiem and Ruud but he hasn't faced any of them. Besides, in his last match he played against a player that was out of steam. Fokina played two 5 set matches (Van De Zandschulp and Ruud) and a 4 set match (Delbonis) before playing against Zverev. He said that he was physically broken after his match against Delbonis. He said he couldn't even put his socks on and he also said he had severe back pain. Obviously, these were not the best conditions to play against Zverev and that's why he was severely defeat by the german. IMO, Tsitsipas' way to the final (Chardy, P.Martinez, Isner, Carreno and Medvedev) has been tougher than the german's way (Otte, Safiulin, Djere, Nishikori and Fokina). Zverev is 14-3 on clay this year. He won in Madrid, where the conditions are better for him, but the greek is better player on this surface. He's 21-3 on clay this year and he has only lost against Nadal, Ruud and Djokovic. He has won 2 titles (Montecarlo and Lyon) and he reached the Final in Barcelona. Tsitsipas has a clear dominance over Zverev (5-2) and he showed an incredible mental strength at beating Medvedev (3-0), a player who always has dominated him (6-1 before this match was played). IMO, if he plays a decent match he should beat Zverev.

Stricker to beat Hurkacz at 2.6 with Pinnacle

Hurkacz has done absolutely nothing since he won in Miami. He has lost the last 4 matches he has played. He retired from Rome due to some kind of physical problems and then he lost in a 5 set match against Van De Zandschulp. I did not watch that match but he won the first 2 sets in 2 TBs and then he lost easily the next 3 sets so it seems he was not in the best conditions to deal with that match. I don't know how Stricker plays on grass but he definitely has the skills to do well on this surface. He has already played one match here. He beat Albot in 2 sets (7-6, 7-6) and Albot played the qualification (O'Connell and Ruusuvuori). Stricker beat Cilic and Fucsovics in Geneva 1 month ago so I think he can also upset the pole. Stricker is unexperienced at this level so I take this one at low stakes.

Edited by darko08

12 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

My treble for the future based on everything written above: Krejcikova to beat Sakkari at 2.40, Stricker to beat Hurkacz at 2.55, Tsitsi to beat (-1.5 sets) Zverev at 1.80 with Unibet

Total odds: 11.02

Huge stake!

Hmmm! Funny enough these are the same three matches that I am seriously drawn to playing at heavy stakes. Past experience has told me that when i see this happen, there is definitely a fly in the ointment 100%. If I had to pick the fly..........even though I do not know much about Hurkacz plans for grass, I will pick Zverev to beat Tsitsipas. He is the fresher one and could really prosper with the new twist of aggression to his game. A real live dog that could bring all the money home to the bookmakers.

13 minutes ago, liquidglass said:

Hmmm! Funny enough these are the same three matches that I am seriously drawn to playing at heavy stakes. Past experience has told me that when i see this happen, there is definitely a fly in the ointment 100%. If I had to pick the fly..........even though I do not know much about Hurkacz plans for grass, I will pick Zverev to beat Tsitsipas. He is the fresher one and could really prosper with the new twist of aggression to his game. A real live dog that could bring all the money home to the bookmakers.

oh no, chances are slim that Zverev cleans up his second serve issues and that will cost him when Tsitsi goes for the shots. The fresher one doesn't always win as you might have learned by now. Sascha has treated his problem with second serve but not cured it.