** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

French Open 2021

3 picks for the French Open:

ATP CECCHINATO-UCHIYAMA 3:0 sets @ 1.38-1.4 at pinnacle and other bookies
ATP CECCHINATO-8 games handicap over UCHIYAMA @ 1.5 at pinnacle 
Uchiyama can't play on clay. Cecchinato, former semifinalist is in a good recent form, expect an easy 3 sets win.

WTA PEGULA-6.5 games handicap over ZHU 2:0 sets @ 1.48-1.5 at pinnacle and other bookies
Pegula is in the best form of her career. Zhu is a good player, but clay is her worst surface, and probably will not be able to compete with Pegula in her recent form.

Naomi Osaka NOT to make the finals at 1.12 with Bet365

Very small odds, but I have a hard time imagining this fails given her yesterday's performance and the antics that followed. Even her sister made a statement that pretty much made it clear what this is all about and, all things considered, Osaka is by no means a top player on clay. She could've lost against Tig yesterday and it gets harder from now on.

What do you thing, guys, about the first win of Medvedev at FO? I know it's not his surface but Bublik is not a clay courter, neither. I'm think that the overall better "class" of Medveded will help him edge this. Also, Bublik might get frustrated with the russian's game style.

Just thinking that 1.4 - 1.5 is a good price for the world's number 2.

Edited by vvararu

Looking at today's results so far, I find it really hard to get a grip on the situation. Johson/Tiafoe is pure madness, Norrie is out of touch as well, Sinner, etc. At the same time, not sure what angle you'd have to take to back Johnson or Herbert.

What is happening with Thiem? Did he forget how to play tennis? Did he stop the harsh training? Did he fix it? For me, everything is open, because Andjuar is NOT a player by any means to lead 2-0 and finally lose 2-3.

Very very suspicious match

9 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Very small odds, but I have a hard time imagining this fails given her yesterday's performance and the antics that followed. Even her sister made a statement that pretty much made it clear what this is all about and, all things considered, Osaka is by no means a top player on clay. She could've lost against Tig yesterday and it gets harder from now on.

rather than taking 1.12 czech why dont you donate some money to the bookie. he will give you free bets.? 1.12 is too low dont you think

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Looking at today's results so far, I find it really hard to get a grip on the situation. Johson/Tiafoe is pure madness, Norrie is out of touch as well, Sinner, etc. At the same time, not sure what angle you'd have to take to back Johnson or Herbert.

yeah.. it's been strange. Sinner has played a perfect 1st set and then... well, probably the worst match I have seen on him this year. Herbert is all serve and volley but he has won a lot of rallies from the baseline... it's madness. Sinner was shaking.

1 hour ago, delfino said:

What is happening with Thiem? Did he forget how to play tennis? Did he stop the harsh training? Did he fix it? For me, everything is open, because Andjuar is NOT a player by any means to lead 2-0 and finally lose 2-3.

Very very suspicious match

IMO Thiem has other priorities at this time of his life. She has a new girlfriend since the end of 2020, probably she's taking a lot of energy off him. He said that since he won the USO 2020 he has not the same motivation and he also said that he has to find himself or something like that. He always has been in a very good physical condition but I have seen him out of form. I would even say he's flabby in comparison with how he was 1 year ago... He doesn't hit the ball with same strength. He has to focus on tennis, workout and play more matches and then he will be the same player he was.

11 minutes ago, bet4fun said:

drama queen so far so good. zidansek plays well looking at the history of her games which went beyond 5 games in a set

best result so far in the tournament and exactly what i said. zidansek delivered?

J.-L. Struff/A. Rublev - Over 3.5 sets at 2.23 with Unibet

Stuff and Rublev have already met 6 times and there's not a single blowout among those matches. 7-6 6-1 was the closest meeting, the first one, and the two 2021 meetings both went to the deciding set. Therefore, I'm more than happy to take this to have 4-5 sets at well above evens. Rublev is the big fav, no doubts about that, but Struff can bite big time and Rublev is by no means Nadal in terms of focus.

14 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Gotta love this bet! Was fun to read Osaka withdrawing when thinking of this.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:25 PM, darko08 said:

Badosa (vs. Davis) + Sakkari (vs. Zavatska) + Mertens (vs. Sanders) + Fucsovics (vs. Simon) + Sinner (vs. Herbert) + Nishioka (vs. Tsonga) at 2.32 with bet365

Badosa is 13-2 on clay this year and she has beat big players as Bencic, Barty, Krejcikova, Teichmann or Sevastova. Davis is 3-3 and she has lost her last 2 matches (vs. Kovinic and Alexandrova). Both Sakkari and Mertens play against players who never have been inside the top 100 so I can't imagine them losing. Fucsovics is only 2-4 on clay this year but he plays against a player who is not competitive anymore. Simon is 1-5 on clay this year and he's on a 5 losing streak (Sonego, Andujar, Herbert, Bedene and P.Martinez). Tsonga is 0-2 on clay this year. He has lost against Gerasimov (7-5, 6-1) and Paul (6-3, 6-3). He is miles away from his best form. Maybe he can compete during a couple sets but I can't imagine him winning a 5 set match right now. Nishioka's best surface is hard but he has competed really well on clay this year (7-6). He has beat Cuevas, Krajinovic, Humbert, Monfils and Musetti so a fatty Tsonga should not be a problem. Sinner is 7-5 on clay this year and he has beat some really good players as RBA, Rublev and Karatsev. Herbert is 4-5 on clay this year. This is not his best surface and he's not in his best form so I can't see him winning against Sinner.

If somebody followed this one now can bet on Zavatska to secure profits. You can find her at 7.00-8.00. In theory this was one of the "safer" selections but you never know. It would be a massive shock if Sakkari loses against Zavatska but I have seen stranger things..

Edited by darko08

Felix Auger Aliassime/Andreas Seppi over 3.5 sets at 2.60 with Unibet

I can easily see Seppi taking a set here. He's been solid enough on the challenger hardcourts of Biella lately but he's only played one match on clay in Parma losing in straights to the tournament superior Seb Korda but he did it by only dropping serve twice while the other players Korda met he beat easily. As you might know Sebastian crashed out to Pedro Martinez without even breaking serve all match and having only one breakpoint so he was clearly mentally fatigued after his first title in Parma. But still this is about Seppi and FAA and FAA really hasn't been excellent on the european clay lately. I'm not very impressed by FAA so I'd say Seppi will defenitely have chances to take a set here.

Edit: Over 3.5 sets 2.80 at Betsafe

Edited by four-leaf

On 5/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, Striker said:

In the men's I quite like Andrey Rublev to make his slam breakthrough

The young Russian reached the quarter finals here last year , and indeed has reached that stage of the last three Grand slams

Each Way @ 40-1 with Ladbrokes

Knocked out first round in a 5 setter:spank

Daniil Medvedev (-1.5 sets) to beat Tommy Paul at 1.68 with Sbobet

Aside from cheering on Sabalenka and Badosa, I'll also have this one for tomorrow at the very least. Medvedev said that he was very pleased with the surface after his first round win, he feels he can go decently far this time around and he had little issues against Bublik. Paul is good when it comes to beating lesser players, but he rarely beats the top guys and he has a 5-setter in his legs as well.

Berankis to beat Duckworth at 1.57

Berankis has been playing decent tennis on clay this season and has only lost to guys who are having a great season: ramos vinolas, delbonis, ivashka (lajovic not having a good season but played well against berankis). He played another good match against Humbert, who's not very good at clay but played with good intensity. Duckworth on the other hand has been awful recently. he seems to have lucked out in finding the only opponent who has been more awful than him: caruso. imo, this should be easy peasy lemon squeezy for berankis.

Well, both Lepchenko (-2.5 Games) and Sakkari have won so I close this 1R matches with a 4-1.
Anyone can tell me why Kenin is at 1.40 against Baptiste? Did I miss something? I saw a little bit of the Kenin-Ostapenko match and she played well considering where she comes from.

Pella to beat Giron @1.43 unibet

Pella is a player with clay pedigree. 2020 was a bad year for him and 2021 did not start in the best possible way either. However, looking back in 2019, we can see that he can play very, very well on clay. In the last match he overpassed Gallan Riveros, who had himself a good season so far. I’ll take that as a sign that he is ready and prepared for the next match.

Giron does not seem, according to results, to bloom on clay. He’s got very few wins over clay courters (Andujar and Monteiro).

Not saying that 1.43 is a big value. Just thinking that Pella will do his job smoothly tomorrow.

Opelka to beat Munar at 1.80 with bet365

Opelka impressed all us with his run in Rome. He beat Gasquet, Musetti, Karatsev and Delbonis, all of them in straight sets. After that he lost against Cuevas in Geneva. Probably he was not interested on that small event after reaching the SFs in Rome. In his first match here he has destroyed Andrej Martin (6-3, 6-2, 6-4). Munar has played a lot of matches on clay this year (29-11) but only a few of them were against big players. He has suffered a lot against Thompson (6-7, 6-1, 7-6, 6-4) despite being a huge favorite (1.10). Probably we'll see some TBs here but I take Opelka anyways.

Quick introduction, I'm starting new on this forum and thought it would be a good place to share with my friends whatever knowledge I've acquired over the past so many years. I'm South African as my username indicates. Good Luck to us. 

Andujar to beat [email protected] on Bet365

Pablo on a high after beating Thiem and you just don't beat any version of Thiem by not playing well. He took the game on aggressively and went for his shots when the pressure was high in Set 5. Delbonis on the other hand is really not playing as well as he can, he struggled against Albot, possibly one of the worst clay court players on tour and kept choking time and again against Molcan in the Serbian tournament. Moreover the H2H is 6-1 in favour of Spanish Pablo. 

Opelka to beat [email protected] on Bet365

Medvedev made some interesting remarks about the balls and conditions here @RG 21. He said he can play like he does on a hard court and the balls are flying through. Opelka has been very impressive in the clay season surprisingly, made a very good run in Rome and historically the courts in Rome and RG are very similar. Also, one again Munar was very unconvincing in his win against a total no clay courter in the Australian Jordan. Opelka has a definite serve advantage and even in rallies, he's holding his own as seen against a very decent clay courter in Martin, striking the ball early and with confidence. 

Bencic to beat Kasatkina @1.72 on Bet365

Contrasting displays in Round 1 make me want to play Bencic here. Completely demolished last year finalist in her Round 1 while Kasatkina barely got through Doi in a very topsy turvy match. Kasatkina played with no confidence whatsoever and seems to have put on a few kilos. Although she's a more natural clay courter, I don't see form and confidence on her side. 

Kalinina to beat [email protected] on Bet365

Collins is back from a surgery and just about won R1. Kalinina on the other completed a demolition of Kerber, it's very rare to see Kerber getting demolished. Kalinina has been on quite some run, winning a lower level tournament and qualifying with ease. Form and confidence on her side, moreover willing to go against Collins because the lack of matches should be telling. 

McDonald vs. Garin - Both players will win 1 set at 1.85 with William Hill

I add this one for today cause I think Garin has a tricky game here. Garin is 11-6 on clay this year. He comes from a tough match against Londero (3-6, 6-4, 7-6, 6-2), a player who is in a very bad form this year (2-13). Despite that, Londero could have won that TB (8-6) in the third set and then who knows what would have happened. McDonald is 12-4 on clay this year. He played the qualification and he won all his matches there easily in straight sets (Kokkinakis, Olivo and Trungelliti). He had a tough 1R match against Ruusuvuori (4-6, 6-3, 7-6, 6-3). Garin is not playing his best tennis and McDonald is having his best season ever on clay so I think Garin shouldn't be with these odds.
The over 3.5 Sets is priced at 1.60 on most bookies. I also have found this bet on betfair but it's priced at 1.60 which IMO should be the right odds, not 1.85.

Have to agree with @darko08 and @Lekker today, I go for Opelka and Mcdonald. Nothing much to add, Opelka suprised me with easy win against Martin. Munar is more defensive player, who is waiting on opponent error and against Opelka he won´t have long rallies, not much will depend from him in this match. He also isn´t good server, so he can en up like Martin i suppose.

Garin didn´t impress me in this clay season, while Mcdonald plays consistent. I expect close sets and some TB, so I rather take over 36 games @1.93, which is pretty low line for good odds and it can even go through in 3 sets. 

Couacaud - Carreno Busta under 31.5 games @1.64 with Marathonbet

French is very average challenger player, who got wild card to compete on RG. In first round he beat Gerasimov, who had awful season on clay. He had good tournament in Biella, but that doesn`t mean much since this is a challenger. In his career he didn´t win a set against top 50 player yet.. Spaniard played great match against Gombos (10 games won in match), offered only 1 BP and won 75% points on his serve. Usually he doesn´t give worse players many chances or lose set, and I think gap between these two players is just too big.