** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - May 10 - May 16

2 minutes ago, Torque said:

Speaking of tanking, it's possible Djokovic isn't too interested in beating Sonego today either. He might not want to face Nadal in the final here, for fear that if he loses it'll give Nadal a boost ahead of the French. Beating Tsitsipas the way that he did could mean that he feels he's got everything he needed out of this tournament.

That was also in my mind, and makes his price too short. Could be completely wrong and Joker could turn up and blow him away, but I just don't see it in front of this Italian crowd. 

3 hours ago, martsman said:

i took sonego +5.5 at 1.80 on b365. sonego is playing some inspired tennis. not enough to beat djoker maybe, but i think he deserves better than a 6-3 6-4 scoreline. other factors im considering are that both are playing two matches in the same day. but while sonego played a full match, i think djokovic's two sets were more taxing today. rublev pretty much gave up in the third. also, sonego is younger + has the crowd behind him.

Dude won the second set just to spoil my spread. Right read, but an unlucky loss. Onwards. 

11 hours ago, martsman said:

Dude won the second set just to spoil my spread. Right read, but an unlucky loss. Onwards. 

just what I wanted to comment but couldn't log in yesterday.. well, this is more like good prediction but wrong bet chosen. I made this mistake in past, but then I started to avoid betting on HC lines on clay. Underdogs often take set, but are not competitive in other 2. HC lines are set too low comparing odds on victory. Better bet his is Sonego games won, if line was like 7 or 8 games, your bet is won after 2nd set and you don't care how match ends ? on other surfaces HC is more useful bet. good luck

Edited by mark22

Opinions on the mens' Final? I'm leaning Djokovic for a handful of reasons. 

- The guy really loves to play in front of a crowd, let alone an italian crowd. 

- Historically, it's by far Novak's favorite clay court event. Nowhere else does he enjoy the success he's having here in Rome. 

- His overall decline is slightly more gradual than Nadal's. 

- The odds have underestimated him an awful lot. I find the odds quite ridiculous tbh. 

- I believe that Djokovic is superior to Nadal in most crucial aspects of the game (trying to be very objective). 

Better serve: Djokovic

Better bh: Djokovic 

Better fh: Nadal

Better returner: Djokovic 

Better overhead smash: Nadal

Better volleys: Nadal 

Better retrieving skills: Even

Better slice & drop shot: Nadal

Better footwork/agility: Even

23 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Swiatek to beat Gauff at 1.44 with bet365 

I doubt Iga will have any problems with Gauff. Probably a straight set win, but I'm just gonna go with Iga winning the match. 

I expected Swiatek to win also, but I thought Gauff gave her plenty of problems and that bodes well for the youngster when she gets off the clay and onto a surface she enjoys.