Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Hercog to beat Zvonareva at 1.72 with bet365

Hercog has played more than 400 matches on clay on her career and she has already won this tournament before. She has won a tournament played on clay this week in Oeiras. Zvonareva's last years results on clay are really poor and this will be her first match on clay this year. I saw her really affected at the end of her last match against Gasparyan in Saint Petersburg. I saw the whole match and it was a match that she could have won. It was 1 month ago but I saw her really angry at the end of it. The surface favors Hercog game and she has already won here before so at these odds I take her.

Emil Ruusuvuori to beat Pablo Cuevas at 1.6 with bet365 

After dominating the Challenger Tour, the young Finn has showed tremendous potential to become at least a top-30 player in ATP Tour. He has already defeated the likes of Thiem and Zverev (both wins on hard court) which is very impressive. I think this kid is very ambitious. On the other hand, Cuevas honestly looks like a former tennis player. He seldom wins sets these days, let alone grab wins. At 35, Cuevas is inferior to his opponent, and, probably devotes less hours in practice than he used to. 

Frances Tiafoe to win a set against Carlos Alcaraz at 1.61 with bet365 

Alcaraz is very talented but he's also very immature as a player, which makes sense since he's only 17 years old. In my opinion, he should have been just the slight favorite in this encounter. The odds on Tiafoe are juicy & generous at the moment. Did he travel from the United States to Barcelona with zero ambition? I seriously doubt that. He'll probably try in a way to somehow bully his younger opponent right from the start of the match, otherwise things might quickly get ugly for him. Tiafoe needs to stamp his authority from the start. He certainly has all the weapons to do so (firepower, quality serve, speed, great footwork). 

Good luck. 🤞 

3 hours ago, darko08 said:

Hercog to beat Zvonareva at 1.72 with bet365

Hercog has played more than 400 matches on clay on her career and she has already won this tournament before. She has won a tournament played on clay this week in Oeiras. Zvonareva's last years results on clay are really poor and this will be her first match on clay this year. I saw her really affected at the end of her last match against Gasparyan in Saint Petersburg. I saw the whole match and it was a match that she could have won. It was 1 month ago but I saw her really angry at the end of it. The surface favors Hercog game and she has already won here before so at these odds I take her.

I add this one.

Muchova to beat Alexandrova at 1.72 with bet365

Alexandrova's game is made for hard courts. She has a negative record on clay courts in 2019 and 2018. In the last edition of this tournament she lost in straight sets against Friedsam (7-5, 6-2) when she was priced at 1.30. I can't say that Muchova has achieved big things on clay but at least she has reached a WTA final (Prague Open). I think her game suits better on this surface so at these odds I take her. This will be the first match on clay for both players. Alexandrova has a 9-7 record this year while Muchova has only lost 1 match this year (8-1) and it was against Barty in the SFs of the AO.

Barcelona ATP

Paire to beat Gaio @1.78 unibet

Having won a few games in doubles (with Mannarino) to qualify to main draw, I hope there will be motivation for Paire to play.

5:0 for him in first round of Barcelona ATP. 1 win over Gaio in 2015 (not so important). Former semifinalist. 

This guy is a joke and unpredictable but even such players, knowing their talent, have to start to win from time to time. IMHO, it’s a good moment and place.

Edited by vvararu

Andrea Petkovic (+6.5) to beat Maria Sakkari at 1.76 with Unibet

I haven't bet on the WTA for quite a while now, but this price I don't understand. Petkovic is worse than Sakkari now, I get that, but Petkovic is a competent player and she'll have the home conditions on her side as well. The 6.5 line implies a difference of two classes and I just don't see that.

1 hour ago, vvararu said:

Barcelona ATP

Paire to beat Gaio @1.78 unibet

Having won a few games in doubles (with Mannarino) to qualify to main draw, I hope there will be motivation for Paire to play.

5:0 for him in first round of Barcelona ATP. 1 win over Gaio in 2015 (not so important). Former semifinalist. 

This guy is a joke and unpredictable but even such players, knowing their talent, have to start to win from time to time. IMHO, it’s a good moment and place.

Quote from Flashscore Tennis Preview

Paire did not show any intent to win matches in almost all his previous nine matches of the 2021 season, and he even admitted that he enters tournaments only to collect the first-round prize money.“I lost in the first round, it’s better, I will be able to get out of the bubble quickly and enjoy a few days before Miami. Tennis is not my priority at the moment. Getting out of the bubble is the only goal I have at every tournament," he said after exiting from the first round in Acapulco last month.

Benoit Paire is by far the talented player of these two, but his lack of motivation in recent months should give Federico Gaio a lot of encouragement heading into this clash.

I hope to be lucky this time. Of all the sports I bet on, tennis is my favorite and I don't usually get it right. Maybe I should study statistics more to get better results betting on 22bet. :)

According to this website thise are the reasons why is good to bet on tennis.

Unlike what can happen when betting on football, a sport that everyone seems to understand, tennis is a game with many variables to consider if you decide to bet on it. Everything has an influence, from the surface of the tournament to the head-to-head record of the two players.

A wide variety of tournaments and surfaces

Four Grand Slam, nine Masters Mil, Premier and International women's tournaments (21 and 29, respectively), 13 ATP-500, 40 ATP-250 Davis Cup, Fed Cup, Olympic Games, ITF... Marathonbet is continuously offering tennis markets around the world on any surface (grass, clay, hard court or concrete) and in any modality (singles, doubles or mixed). Wait for your favourite moment or competition.
Early markets

A peculiarity in Marathonbet's tennis betting: you can always bet on the champions of the next four Grand Slams, both male and female. Did you know that Daniil Medvedev has an odds of 11.25 to win the next Wimbledon? Or that if you bet today on the Canadian Andreescu to win the US Open you can get a odds of 7.50? Do you think Dominic Thiem can stop Nadal's brilliant streak in Paris?
Breadth of pre-match markets

Betting on tennis is much more than just betting on the winner of the match. An intensive study of the match can get you much closer to the value odds of the match. Set handicap bets, total markets, both games and tie breaks, betting on the result...

The "win the first set and match" bet increases the value of your player's odds. Very similar to the "winner at half-time and at the end of the match" market in football.
The importance of Live Betting in tennis

Tennis is undoubtedly one of the favourite sports for live bettors. The variables are endless at Marathonbet. Total games per set, result of the second set, total number of games, breaks of serve. Animations and statistics on the top right hand side of your screen (if you are on the desktop version) will accompany you and give you all the information you need to find markets and value odds.

Case 1. Your tennis player starts the match at a loss and the prematch odds didn't seem good enough for you to enter. Waiting for the 1-0 against may bring the odds a little closer to what you were looking for. That your player has started the match breaking? That's the risk of betting live...
    Case 2. Two good servers defend their serve without any problem and are 4-4 on the scoreboard. A 0-15 against the player you want to bet on to win the set can be a good moment to place a bet. What if we wait until 0-30?

Best tennis betting tips. Knowledge and information

From how the new ATP and WTA 2021 rankings work, to the breakthrough players to watch out for in 2021, every bit of information is good for finding markets and value odds at Marathonbet. From the good shot of the tennis player to know the value of the next tournament to play, through the surface, the rival, the points to defend...

Matches on hard courts and grass tend to have a higher number of tie breaks, especially those that pit two servers against each other.
    In general, women's tennis matches are less influenced by who serves and who serves than in men's tennis.
    Servers (Kevin Anderson, Isner, Karlovic, Sock) when they serve do not usually contest the point when they are 0-30 down, especially on fast courts.
    Clay court matches, despite lasting longer, are usually resolved in a smaller number of games than tournaments on hard courts.
    Although it is a sport that can give rise to surprises, it is highly unlikely that a top-5 player will lose to a player with a ranking below number 50.
    In the last four years, women's tennis has produced 10 different Grand Slam champions. In the last 3 years, all the men's Grand Slams have been won by Roger Federer (3), Rafael Nadal (5) or Novak Djokovic (4).

Edited by lagata89
55 minutes ago, Robinnho said:

Quote from Flashscore Tennis Preview

Paire did not show any intent to win matches in almost all his previous nine matches of the 2021 season, and he even admitted that he enters tournaments only to collect the first-round prize money.“I lost in the first round, it’s better, I will be able to get out of the bubble quickly and enjoy a few days before Miami. Tennis is not my priority at the moment. Getting out of the bubble is the only goal I have at every tournament," he said after exiting from the first round in Acapulco last month.

Benoit Paire is by far the talented player of these two, but his lack of motivation in recent months should give Federico Gaio a lot of encouragement heading into this clash.

I've read that :)

Still, Miami and Acapulco have passed. This is another tournament (closer to his home). He has won a few doubles. Even if he said that a few weeks ago, I expect him to want to start winning once. Otherwise, he will drop soon so low, that no tournaments will invite him any more and no money will be available to collect.

Obviously, no bankers on this game :)

Edited by vvararu

Konjuh to beat Q.Wang at 1.85 with interwetten

Konjuh has beat Errani (7-5, 6-2) and Wang has beat Gasanova (4-6, 6-1, 6-2) in the first round. Wang's best surface is hard, by far. She has a bad record on clay courts (24-24). Her 2021 has been awful (4-8). Her 4 wins have been against low ranked players (Inglis, Gadecki, Bolsova and Gasanova) and she has lost some matches that she should have won. She is miles away from her best form and she never has done well on this surface so I don't expect her to have a good result here either. Konjuh has been done well this year (10-6) and she has a better record on clay (57-27) than Wang. She beat Siniakova, Keys and Swiatek in her last tournament (Miami). I heard a punter saying that she's fat. I saw her in Miami and it's true that she has become "bigger" but I wouldn't call that fat. Besides, I think it's good for her game and I was really impressed with how she played in Miami. What really surprised me was her win against Swiatek. It's true that Swiatek did not play her best but I have never seen Konjuh playing that well. At these odds I have no doubts that the value is on Konjuh.

Miomir Kecmanovic to beat Facundo Bagnis at 1.88 with Pinnacle

Alright, back to the ATP I suppose. Kecmanovic has no form and that's why his price is so high here. This is him returning back to Serbia, though, and I think he has every chance to bounce back against a softish opponent. Bagnis is exploitable with power and Kecmanovic can produce enough. I watched a bit of Bagnis since his long run and he's not the same in Europe. From many points of view, this looks like an automatic bet on Bagnis, but I'll be siding with Kecmanovic. He has a much higher ceiling in terms of skills and he should feel good back in Serbia after losing against Fognini that was playing well on the day.

46 minutes ago, marzipan said:

Kei Nishikori was struggling to find his game against Pella today. His serves were bad and he had too much unforced error. I think very big value on Garin. Do you agree with me?

I agree, Cristian Garin are leagues above Kei on clay right now. Garin can hold serve time after time, he's very efficient on that department so one break can mean he wins a set and he will be closer to a break game after game than Kei will be.

Barthel to beat Siegemund at 2.62 with bet365

Last one for tomorrow. I have been thinking a lot about this one and finally I have decided to take it cause the odds have raised. First of all, I have to say that Siegemund has reached the Final here 2 times (2016 and 2017). Despite that, there are some reasons that make me think she can lost tomorrow. She will play her first match on clay this year. Her last match played was 1 month ago against McHale in Miami, where she had to withdraw due to a knee injury. Barthel has already played 5 matches on clay this month. She has played the qualification in which she has won against Gracheva as the underdog (2.30). They played only once before. It was in 2011 in RG and Barthel won in straight sets. Siegemund is better player but considering that she has not played in the last month due to a knee injury I think the value is on Barthel, who has already played 5 matches on clay in April and she has beat Gracheva on her last match here.

17 minutes ago, darko08 said:

Barthel to beat Siegemund at 2.62 with bet365

Last one for tomorrow. I have been thinking a lot about this one and finally I have decided to take it cause the odds have raised. First of all, I have to say that Siegemund has reached the Final here 2 times (2016 and 2017). Despite that, there are some reasons that make me think she can lost tomorrow. She will play her first match on clay this year. Her last match played was 1 month ago against McHale in Miami, where she had to withdraw due to a knee injury. Barthel has already played 5 matches on clay this month. She has played the qualification in which she has won against Gracheva as the underdog (2.30). They played only once before. It was in 2011 in RG and Barthel won in straight sets. Siegemund is better player but considering that she has not played in the last month due to a knee injury I think the value is on Barthel, who has already played 5 matches on clay in April and she has beat Gracheva on her last match here.

You took a real easy one there. gl!!!

Kwon to beat Carballes at 2.62 with bet365

There is no doubt that Carballes is the more experience and skillful clay courter and having already played few matches in Belgrade, is the favourite here but maybe a little too much of playing 7 matches in 8 days. Kwon has played well in his last clay court matches in ATP Marbella and lost to the eventual winner, PCB in the Q-final. Kwon has beaten the likes of Raonic, Mannarino and Lajovic on hard courts last year and I think it is an underdog worth trying at this price. 

Edited by Robinnho

Angelique Kerber to beat Ekaterine Gorgodze 2-0 at 1.83 with William Hill

Kerber has gone through all sorts of trouble since her big triumphs, but this should be an easy match to target. Gorgodze qualified as the lucky loser and is ranked below 200+ for a reason. When facing players of slightly better quality in Zarazua and Buyukakcay, Kerber won 6-0 6-0 and 6-4 6-2 this year.

Does anyone know why Fabio Yerknini got defaulted/disqualified? I could not stream the match on Unibet because the match wasn't available for betting on. No idea why Unibet doesn't have certain matches for selection.

Fabio Yerknini and Benoit Paire are the most mentally screwed up players in todays top 100.

Btw Ilya Ivashka is doing a great job today outthere on the court.