** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday April 10th

6 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

3pt French double down at the first hurdle

Still the 2.5pt win single to go on Garasil.

UK bets today (all placed last night)...

2.5pt win double 

1353 Newcastle Diligent

1815 Wolverhampton Wakening

3/1

2.5pt win single

1515 Lingfield

Where's Tom 3/1

Then I've taken advantage of the bet365 Grand National deal placing bets for my fiancee but my selections are below....

Cloth Cap 5pts e/w (10pts total)

Taking Risks 1.25pts e/w (2.5pts total)

Anibale Fly .625pts e/w (1.25pts total)

Mister Malarkey 1.25pts e/w (2.5pts total)

Burrows Saint 1pt e/w (2pts total)

Total staked on National = 18.25pts 

Total refunded = 9.125pts

Total stake = 9.125pts.

Total staked on French and UK races elsewhere = 10.5pts

19.6pts staked in total today. 

Burrows Saint returned 4.5pts for me and then I had one extra bet on the side which was a 2.5pt win on Happygolucky 3/1 which returned 10pts. So with the additional stake, my total stakes today were 22.1pts and my total returns were 14.5pts. Therefore I end the day with a loss of 7.6pts.

1 hour ago, Barnes1882 said:

19.6pts staked in total today. 

Burrows Saint returned 4.5pts for me and then I had one extra bet on the side which was a 2.5pt win on Happygolucky 3/1 which returned 10pts. So with the additional stake, my total stakes today were 22.1pts and my total returns were 14.5pts. Therefore I end the day with a loss of 7.6pts.

Worst thing is, my comp selections today were very solid with 4 winners and a 2nd. I asked my mate about My Drogo, Thyme Hill & Happygolucky and very nearly put them in a trixie. He is usually on the money and said to leave it and play it sensible today. They all won and it would have completely transformed my day. I managed to get Happygolucky on when out on the course but that's betting I guess. 

Hope some of you had much better days.

5 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I've taken advantage of the BET365 offer with £125 EW on BURROWS SAINT. I took the best price last night of 9/1 which hasn't worked out because it is now 10/1.

I will lay a fair chunk of it on BETFAIR to guarantee a profit, if it wins I'll make £400, if it places £100 and if it loses £10.

That worked out nicely with BURROWS SAINT finishing 4th resulting in a risk free profit of £135.

9 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Bit of a punt for Grand National day

1.45 Aint Tea Clipper £2 win at 10 = £15.68 p if wins, Come On Teddy £2 win at 8.8 = £13.33 if wins

2.25 My Drago £6.50 win at 7/4 = £17.87 if win

3.35 Thyme Hill £4.50 win at 3.75; £12.13 p if wins; Roksana £1.50 win at11/2 = £9.75 if win

4.15 Happy Go Lucky £4 win at 3/1. Snow Leopardess £1 win at 10/1

5.15 Cloth Cap £2 win at 7.8 = £14; Any Second Now £1 win at 11/1

6.20 Balco Coastal £4.50 win at 3.60 = £11.47, Knappers Hill £1 win at 9/1

2.33 Nc Shaka The King £3.50 win at 4.8 = £13.03 if win

Multiples = a £1 Trixie om My Drago, Cloth Cap and Balco Coastal = £106 if all three win

£33.50 stakes singles & £4 on Trixie = £37.50

Good luck to all today; let's hope that the fancied runners go according to form

RESULTS UPDATE

12 bets and 4 winners today.  Typical that I chose the wrong selections for my Trixie. My singles yielded a return of £56 which meant a £22.50 profit on the day.  My new balance is now £568.22 (Bank £500) which is encouraging.

My multiples balance took a £4 knock so this balance is now £576.04 (Bank £800). 

I sometimes wonder what a jockeys life is like.  One day you are competing in Class 1 company at Aintree and the next you are riding nags at Plumpton like Harry Skelton has to do tomorrow.  Not just another day in his case of course as he needs to catch up with winners to win the Jockeys championship title.  Not sure if I will post up tomorrow as its my birthday.  We'll see.

56 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Worst thing is, my comp selections today were very solid with 4 winners and a 2nd. I asked my mate about My Drogo, Thyme Hill & Happygolucky and very nearly put them in a trixie. He is usually on the money and said to leave it and play it sensible today. They all won and it would have completely transformed my day. I managed to get Happygolucky on when out on the course but that's betting I guess. 

Hope some of you had much better days.

In a way I was glad to see that you didn't try to end the day in profit by posting up selections at Wolverhampton.  Whenever I have tried to do this I generally just increase my losses.  You have made enough accumulated points profits in recent days to shrug off a small day's loss as what happened today.  Funny enough, I posted up and backed the three Aintree winners that you mentioned and of course am kicking myself that I did not put them in my Trixie.  Just wondering what you meant by "comp" selections? Is this a personalised method or some sort of recognised software?  Albeit the three winners you refer to were top rated by either RPR or Timeform which I was pleased to see working out for once. I don't think it is worth paying for a ratings service. Do you?    

1 minute ago, The Equaliser said:

In a way I was glad to see that you didn't try to end the day in profit by posting up selections at Wolverhampton.  Whenever I have tried to do this I generally just increase my losses.  You have made enough accumulated points profits in recent days to shrug off a small day's loss as what happened today.  Funny enough, I posted up and backed the three Aintree winners that you mentioned and of course am kicking myself that I did not put them in my Trixie.  Just wondering what you meant by "comp" selections? Is this a personalised method or some sort of recognised software?  Albeit the three winners you refer to were top rated by either RPR or Timeform which I was pleased to see working out for once. I don't think it is worth paying for a ratings service. Do you?    

Nothing much to the "comp" comment mate, I meant my selections on this site in the Aintree Competition section. 

Yes nothing interested me tonight at Wolverhampton, had a quick look and was tempted to back Excel Power 3/1 but I just wasn't confident enough. Now that horse went on to win and I would have had 2pts to return 8pts and finish the day just 1.6pts down but like I said on here last night, I try very hard not to chase as you can lose quite a lot of pts very quickly. 

In regards to paying for a ratings service, I couldn't advise you personally. I don't pay for any services and never will but there may be good ones out there. Timeform are good to be fair but I'm not sure what their paid services are like. 

Do you pay for any services?

5 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Nothing much to the "comp" comment mate, I meant my selections on this site in the Aintree Competition section. 

Yes nothing interested me tonight at Wolverhampton, had a quick look and was tempted to back Excel Power 3/1 but I just wasn't confident enough. Now that horse went on to win and I would have had 2pts to return 8pts and finish the day just 1.6pts down but like I said on here last night, I try very hard not to chase as you can lose quite a lot of pts very quickly. 

In regards to paying for a ratings service, I couldn't advise you personally. I don't pay for any services and never will but there may be good ones out there. Timeform are good to be fair but I'm not sure what their paid services are like. 

Do you pay for any services?

No.  I do pay for Napchecker as this is a very handy snapshot of what most of the tipsters are posting up in the sporting press on the day.  They only publish after 7am in the morning which is annoying as I would like it to be more like 10pm the night before.  There are also loads of tipster stats but I haven't got into that, save that the Daily Mail tipster seems to be the best for ordinary daily selections as opposed to nap selections where the rest of them seem to run at a loss.  

With Timeform ratings you can get them as plugin to the Betfair Exchange site on Google Chrome (and I believe on MS Edge), though of course they could withdraw the facility whenever they feel like it.  whether its RPR or Timeform I find that there are so many times when the ratings seem to be meaningless or an outsider seems to have an almost top rating equivalent but is considered to be a no-hoper.  I'm not truly sure and confident about any of them.  It also annoys me that the likes of TImeform do not seem to give out relevant information that would be very useful to armchair punters like me.  For example, they do not tell you if the horse is small or large and is suited to galloping or flat tracks etc. I have to wait  for commentators to remark upon such factors when racing is on the TV.