** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Friday 9th April

Jockey Champs scores on the doors are:  Hughes (137), Skelton (134) and Cobden (123), The 2 Harry's continue at Aintree while Brian Hughes goes to Sedgefield 

Harry Skelton (Aintree)
1345 - Wilde About Oscar
1420 - Third Time Lucki
1450 - Shan Blue
1640 - Midnight River

Harry Cobden (Aintree)
1345 - Amour De Nuit
1420 - Houx Gris
1450 - The Big Breakaway
1525 - Politologue
1605 - Magic Saint
1640 - Bravemansgame

Brian Hughes (Sedgefield)
1400 - Bellaney Gem  WON
1430 - Court Jurado
1505 - La Mystere
1622 - Wind Of Hope
1655 - Agent Valdez  WON
1730 - Getaway Jewel  WON

Other Race Notes:

Sedgefield :- 1400 Taste of fear for Dr Newland could be the one to beat in this race with 7lb claimer Cillin Leonard on board and won last time out at Hexham against Tara Mill who meet again in this race however i marginally side with Brian Hughes mount Bellaney Gem who finished 2nd at Kelso in a 7 runner event   -  WON 5/4f

Leicester :- 1440 Trinity Lake finished 2nd at Wolverhampton last time out but hasnt been seen since (6 months) and Zak Wheatley takes 7lbs off for this race, Soaring Star last seen also 6 months ago at Doncaster finishing 2nd  and has had wind surgery during that time could make the frame however i like Dirty Rascal who won earlier in the week at Wolverhampton which was helped by a fast pace up from 9st 2lb to  9st 12 on ratings but jockey Mark Crehan negates half of that with a 5lb claim  WON 11/8f

Sedgefield :- 1622 Ciarabella lightly raced mare comes into this following a C&D 2nd place in February finished ahead of Wind Of Hope who also runs in this race, i however like Gameface to be ridden by Richie McLernon finished 3rd over C&D 2 weeks ago and will be off the same mark for this contest and re-fitted cheekpieces could be the answer for this horse  WON 11-10f

Leicester :- 1630 Modmin won last year as a 3YO and last seen finishing 2nd at Newmarket 6 months ago and looks like a possible decent 4YO this season, Mars Landing (nap) space this horse was seen last season finishing 2nd at Chelmsford under Oisin Murphy and i feel has a decent chance in this race to win under Pat Dobbs and has finised in top 3 in each of last 4 starts  WON 5/2

Sedgefield :- 1730 Conundrum won over C&D 2 weeks ago and rises 6lbs for this race might be just about right for that success I shall take that on with Getaway Jewel for Brian Hughes has finished in the places in all 4 starts in handicaps goes down in trip from 2m 3f to 2m for this  WON 9/4

Edited by ipswich45
Jockey Champs update, final results

Day 2 of the Grand National meeting starts with the ground remaining on the slow side of good.
Here's hoping for a better day than Day 1 !!
And here's my thoughts, in race card order:- 

A fiendishly hard 22 runner 2m 4f handicap hurdle to start proceedings. My shortlist comprises of top weight Wilde About Oscar, an exciting novice who’s done little wrong for the Skelton’s this season. Tronador, the only Irish horse in the race, and we know what they can do at these big festivals! And Monte Cristo who ran a blinder last time in the Coral Cup when looking booked for third place until stopped in his run by a faller at the last eventually finishing 11th. I would be keeping stakes small and looking for enhanced place terms here but it’s the latter that appeals most.

MONTE CRISTO 1 point EW @ 9/1 BetVictor 1/5th odds 12345

The 2m novice hurdle has attracted 10 runners with the top rated For Pleasure and Third Time Lucki rated 144. Both have obvious chances on the book but it’s the lightly raced Nicky Henderson trained Dusart that appeals to me most here. Held in very high regard by the Seven Barrows team he’s only been seen the once which was back in November when comfortably beating the subsequent Betfair Hurdle victor Soaring Glory 2 1/2L receiving 6lb at Newbury. That horse is now rated 143 so you can see that Dusart is already on the cusp of running to a mark higher than the 144 needed to win this. The one thing that holds him back is inexperience with the reason he’s been missing because he injured himself in the paddock by running into a fence cutting himself. Related to the owner Ronnie Bartlett’s smart hurdler/chaser Simonsig he is thought to be a chaser of some stature for next year and I have to admit to have backed him already for next season’s Arkle Chase at 20/1. Here’s hoping he can do the business today.

DUSART 2 points win 9/4 Bet365

The Mildmay Novices’ Chase is run over 3m 1f and has attracted 5 horses who ran at Cheltenham. Heading the market for the layers is Nicky Henderson’s Chantry House who won the Marsh at Cheltenham with Shan Blue (who was given a much too forceful ride from Dan Skelton) behind. With Envoi Allen falling early that may not have been the strongest Novice Chase ever run at Cheltenham and at around 7/4 and the dead 8 declared feel there’s value to be had by opposing him with an each way selection.
Colin Tizzard bows out at the end of the season handing the reigns over to his son Joe and although he’s had a generally disappointing season may take this with his consistent Fiddlerontheroof. Only out of the first two once in his last 13 starts he looks sure to run his race and his 6 1/2L runner up to Monkfish in the Brown Advisory Novices Chase at Cheltenham is comparable to the favourites Marsh Novices’ Chase win. He holds stable companion The Big Breakaway on that run and can run a big race here.

FIDDLERONTHEROOF 1 point EW 6/1 Bet365 1/5th 123

The 2m 4f Marsh Chase (more commonly known as the Melling Chase) has attracted a small but selective field of eight. Politologue missed Cheltenham due to an unfortunate incident on the day of the race but that means he comes here a fresh horse and won this in 2018 and was 2nd (well beaten  by Min) the following year. He is the joint oldest horse in the race now though and I’m happy to take him on. My two against the field were both pulled out recently due to the drying ground so here’s hoping there’s sufficient juice in the ground for them to compete at their best. Dashel Drasher has progressed throughout the season winning three times at Ascot and is still on the upgrade. He should run well but the horse I prefer is Joseph O’Brien’s Fakir D’oudairies who was pulled out at Fairyhouse last Sunday due to the drying ground. This intermediate trip looks ideal for him as he showed when chasing home Allaho in the Ryanair at Cheltenham and at only 6 years of age and the youngest in the field may actually still have improvement in him.

FAKIR D’OUDAIRIES 2 points win 3/1 Bet365

The Topham Handicap Chase is run over 2m 5f of the National course and with a maximum field is sure to be a thrilling contest. The current joint favourites are the Irish pair Livelovelaugh and Visioman trained by Messrs Mullins and De Bromhead. The latter finished 11th in the last running of the Grand National but hasn’t actually won a race for over 3 years whilst the former was 20/1 two days ago and has collapsed in price since ATR presenter Kevin Blake made him his nap of the meeting in an Aintree preview. An outsider that can run well is Court Master, who’s lightly raced and hails from an in form stable. My main bet though is Nicky Henderson’s Caribean Boy who was badly affected by the standing start of the Paddy Power Plate at Cheltenham where he couldn’t get into a rhythm. He’s better than that and Henderson has an excellent record in this race having won it 5 times previously.

CARIBEAN BOY 1 point EW 10/1 Bet365 1/5th 12345

The Doom Bar Sefton Novices’ Hurdle is a grade 1 contest run over 3 miles  and nearly a furlong and has a warm favourite in Paul Nicholl’s Bravemansgame who will be hard to beat and I’m loathe to oppose here. Talked up by his trainer after winning the Challow Hurdle at Newbury over Christmas as the new Denman he was a tad disappointing in the Ballymore at Cheltenham when finishing third behind smart sorts Bob Olinger and Gaillard Du Mesnil beaten some 12L. That’s still top form though and he steps up in trip to 3 miles for the first time today which should, as a former 3 mile point winner, suit well. On official ratings he’s 7lb and more ahead of his rivals today and he should be winning this. Best of the rest maybe Nicky Henderson’s Gallyhill who’s going to love the step up in trip.

BRAVEMANSGAME 3 points win 7/4 Bet365

We finish Day 2 with a 2 mile handicap hurdle for conditional and amateur  jockeys. A maximum field of 22 go to post with my shortlist comprising of  Copperless who impressed when winning last time and has creeped in here off of a nice low weight for Olly Murphy and his conditional Lewis Stones. He’s been well found in the market however so the bet is the David Pipe trained Leoncavallo. This dual purpose 9 year old has plenty of experience and will be ridden by the useful conditional Fergus Gillard. Last seen when a credible 6th in the Martin Pipe Conditional Jockey Handicap Hurdle at Cheltenham and dropped 2lb since. That was his first run for 160 days and he should be sharper today. As with all the big field handicaps this week shop around for those enhanced place terms.

LEONCAVALLO 2 points EW 11/1 Paddy Power 1/5th 12345

All prices Bet365:

Might not get time tomorrow so done my selections already:

1.45 - 1pt e/w Thistle Do Nicely @ 66/1

Wasn't taken by anything really in this so thought it was worth chancing the rank outsider after a lengthy absence. Who knows how fit he'll be but he's well handicapped and will enjoy conditions. Still a 7 year old so should still have his ability which saw him finish 2nd to Dashel Drasher in a novice hurdle when last seen in this sphere. On that evidence, running off 130 will surely see him win a race so 66/1 could look a bit silly if he's wound up for the run (hacked up after its last long break).

2.20 - 1pt e/w Any News @ 15/2

All the money is for Dusart which is fair enough but that is making the others drift out and this one has a solid each-way chance I think. Has done little wrong, has solid form in the book and conditions suit so having been given time off after his fall at Kelso, can go well here.

2.50 - 1.5pts e/w Silver Hallmark @ 10/1 

I'm convinced this horse has a big race in him and coming here fresh is no bad thing. He's done very little wrong in his lightly raced career so far including beating McFabulous in a novice hurdle and being chinned on the line by Fiddlerontheroof in a novice chase. That gives him a chance in here alone but he backed that up with a nice win last time and I think 3 miles will bring out even more from him given the way he's run and his pedigree. Goes well fresh and I think he's got a huge chance here.

3.25 - 2pts win Dashel Drasher @ 5/1

I like horses who skip Cheltenham to run at Aintree and this one has done nothing wrong at all this season including winning the Ascot Chase last time. Is a genuine, game front-runner but with enough class to turn away good horses and I hope it can be the same again here. Probably won't be taken on too much for the lead and if getting into a rhythm I think he'll take a lot of pegging back.

4.05 - 1pt e/w Kauto Riko @ 25/1

There's a concern that this horse could find himself too far back in this contest and sulk but if taking to this challenge I think he's got a big run in him. Was last seen when a flying home 4th in the Paddy Power and often does finish his races off strongly so if he's in contention at the last he'll have a big chance. This is his second run after a wind op and he's definitely capable off this mark on a going day. His record fresh is excellent so the lack of a recent run is no concern and I think he's an interesting runner here at a price.

4.40 - 1pt e/w Gallyhill @ 9/1

This horse is only rated 136 but that won't be the case for long in my opinion with his form stacking up and the likelihood of more to come now facing staying trips. Was an expensive purchase having beaten Ballybegg in a point (that one itself is now rated 137) and won a two-mile novice hurdle from another smart horse in Robin's Dream (now rated 131) before being narrowly outgunned by Midnight River last time out. On both his point form and pedigree (both siblings stay well) he should improve for the extra yardage now and comes here fresh too.

5.15 - 1pt e/w Dear Sire @ 25/1

Needs to bounce back but on old form would have a big chance here and has had excuses of late. Needs a sound surface so you can ignore his last three runs over hurdles and showed his wellbeing with a good run in a jumpers' bumper between those runs. The last time he raced in a 2 mile handicap hurdle on good ground he won by 3 lengths off this mark and with Derek O'Connor in the saddle looks a live outsider now he gets his conditions.

3pt win single
1450 Aintree
Chantry House 15/8

2pt win double (+1pt free bet extra = 3pt total)
1450 Aintree Chantry House 1640 Aintree Bravemansgame
7/1

3.5pt win double
1515 Leicester Boss Power
1555 Leicester Law Of The Sea
5/2

1.5pt win double
1440 Leicester Dirty Rascal
1810 Kempton Almost You
13/2

2pt win (+1pt free bet extra = 3pts total) Lucky15
1440 Dirty Rascal
1515 Boss Power
1555 Law Of The Sea
1810 Almost You

1pt e/w (2pt total)
1405 Fontainebleau
Ok Boomer 5/1

16pts staked (14pts of bank & 2pts free bets)

Might have some late ones up this afternoon if they are strong in the market. One I am very very strong on if it moves the right way. I am part of the owners group on it so if we are told to back I'll put it up. Not interested in anything at Aintree apart from the two I've put up. 

15 hours ago, ipswich45 said:

Jockey Champs scores on the doors are:  Hughes (134), Skelton (134) and Cobden (123), The 2 Harry's continue at Aintree while Brian Hughes goes to Sedgefield 

Harry Skelton (Aintree)
1345 - Wilde About Oscar
1420 - Third Time Lucki
1450 - Shan Blue
1640 - Midnight River

Harry Cobden (Aintree)
1345 - Amour De Nuit
1420 - Houx Gris
1450 - The Big Breakaway
1525 - Politologue
1605 - Magic Saint
1640 - Bravemansgame

Brian Hughes (Sedgefield)
1400 - Bellaney Gem
1430 - Court Jurado
1505 - La Mystere
1622 - Wind Of Hope
1655 - Agent Valdez
1730 - Getaway Jewel

Other Race Notes:

Sedgefield :- 1430 Taste of fear for Dr Newland could be the one to beat in this race with 7lb claimer Cillin Leonard on board and won last time out at Hexham against Tara Mill who meet again in this race however i marginally side with Brian Hughes mount Bellaney Gem who finished 2nd at Kelso in a 7 runner event

Leicester :- 1440 Trinity Lake finished 2nd at Wolverhampton last time out but hasnt been seen since (6 months) and Zak Wheatley takes 7lbs off for this race, Soaring Star last seen also 6 months ago at Doncaster finishing 2nd  and has had wind surgery during that time could make the frame however i like Dirty Rascal who won earlier in the week at Wolverhampton which was helped by a fast pace up from 9st 2lb to  9st 12 on ratings but jockey Mark Crehan negates half of that with a 5lb claim

Sedgefield :- 1622 Ciarabella lightly raced mare comes into this following a C&D 2nd place in February finished ahead of Wind Of Hope who also runs in this race, i however like Gameface to be ridden by Richie McLernon finished 3rd over C&D 2 weeks ago and will be off the same mark for this contest and re-fitted cheekpieces could be the answer for this horse

Leicester :- 1630 Modmin won last year as a 3YO and last seen finishing 2nd at Newmarket 6 months ago and looks like a possible decent 4YO this season, Mars Landing (nap) space this horse was seen last season finishing 2nd at Chelmsford under Oisin Murphy and i feel has a decent chance in this race to win under Pat Dobbs and has finised in top 3 in each of last 4 starts

Sedgefield :- 1730 Conundrum won over C&D 2 weeks ago and rises 6lbs for this race might be just about right for that success I shall take that on with Getaway Jewel for Brian Hughes has finished in the places in all 4 starts in handicaps goes down in trip from 2m 3f to 2m for this

Haha, I've had £21 to win on Harry Skelton at 1.58 (now 1.63) to win the title on 26th April.  Also have a risk free bet on Harry Cobden for £16.74.  The Skeltons have been in good form all this season so I'm pinning my hopes on them.  

I think that Taste the Fear will beat Bellamy Gem for the Doc despite the penalty.  Loads of money for your selection I guess as its price has been slashed from 10/3 last night to 2/1 this morning.  should be an interesting race

11 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

All prices Bet365:

Might not get time tomorrow so done my selections already:

1.45 - 1pt e/w Thistle Do Nicely @ 66/1

Wasn't taken by anything really in this so thought it was worth chancing the rank outsider after a lengthy absence. Who knows how fit he'll be but he's well handicapped and will enjoy conditions. Still a 7 year old so should still have his ability which saw him finish 2nd to Dashel Drasher in a novice hurdle when last seen in this sphere. On that evidence, running off 130 will surely see him win a race so 66/1 could look a bit silly if he's wound up for the run (hacked up after its last long break).

2.20 - 1pt e/w Any News @ 15/2

All the money is for Dusart which is fair enough but that is making the others drift out and this one has a solid each-way chance I think. Has done little wrong, has solid form in the book and conditions suit so having been given time off after his fall at Kelso, can go well here.

2.50 - 1.5pts e/w Silver Hallmark @ 10/1 

I'm convinced this horse has a big race in him and coming here fresh is no bad thing. He's done very little wrong in his lightly raced career so far including beating McFabulous in a novice hurdle and being chinned on the line by Fiddlerontheroof in a novice chase. That gives him a chance in here alone but he backed that up with a nice win last time and I think 3 miles will bring out even more from him given the way he's run and his pedigree. Goes well fresh and I think he's got a huge chance here.

3.25 - 2pts win Dashel Drasher @ 5/1

I like horses who skip Cheltenham to run at Aintree and this one has done nothing wrong at all this season including winning the Ascot Chase last time. Is a genuine, game front-runner but with enough class to turn away good horses and I hope it can be the same again here. Probably won't be taken on too much for the lead and if getting into a rhythm I think he'll take a lot of pegging back.

4.05 - 1pt e/w Kauto Riko @ 25/1

There's a concern that this horse could find himself too far back in this contest and sulk but if taking to this challenge I think he's got a big run in him. Was last seen when a flying home 4th in the Paddy Power and often does finish his races off strongly so if he's in contention at the last he'll have a big chance. This is his second run after a wind op and he's definitely capable off this mark on a going day. His record fresh is excellent so the lack of a recent run is no concern and I think he's an interesting runner here at a price.

4.40 - 1pt e/w Gallyhill @ 9/1

This horse is only rated 136 but that won't be the case for long in my opinion with his form stacking up and the likelihood of more to come now facing staying trips. Was an expensive purchase having beaten Ballybegg in a point (that one itself is now rated 137) and won a two-mile novice hurdle from another smart horse in Robin's Dream (now rated 131) before being narrowly outgunned by Midnight River last time out. On both his point form and pedigree (both siblings stay well) he should improve for the extra yardage now and comes here fresh too.

5.15 - 1pt e/w Dear Sire @ 25/1

Needs to bounce back but on old form would have a big chance here and has had excuses of late. Needs a sound surface so you can ignore his last three runs over hurdles and showed his wellbeing with a good run in a jumpers' bumper between those runs. The last time he raced in a 2 mile handicap hurdle on good ground he won by 3 lengths off this mark and with Derek O'Connor in the saddle looks a live outsider now he gets his conditions.

Sadly Silver Hallmark is out on account of the ground so replaced with The Big Breakaway (1pt win at 6/1) who ran well at Cheltenham and I think can reverse the form with Fiddlerontheroof as TBB got racing a long way out with Monkfish which burned him out a bit and this sharper track will suit so with a bit more pragmatism, I think he can go well. Should have beaten Shan Blue at Kempton too but for a poor round of jumping (usually jumps pretty well).

Looked at Sedgefield so far today

2.00 I do fancy Taste The Fear to win this race.  Its price is around 7/4 and has been steady overnight.  I haven't backed it and have preferred to save my stake money for a later race

2.30 Very tricky race with up to 7 horses under 10/1.  Nothing really stands out so I'll leave it

3.05 Whispering Gypsy £2 win at 8.8 = £15.29 profit if it wins.  Bled from the nose last time out and won a bumper before that so I'm taking a chance that it has recover

3.47 Nothing stands out and top 2 int the market have drifted in price overnight.  No Bet

4.22 Looked at Gameface with Wind Of Hope a danger.  Gameface has never won a race and although Wind Of Hope has I'm not sure it will stay the distance so no bet

4.55 Agent Valdiz looks to be the best bet of the day so I have had £8 to win at 2.36.  It appears that only ATR and Timeform have gone against it.  I think its Brian Hughes best ride of the day so I have opted to back this one instead of Taste The Fear in the first race.

5.30 Placedela Concorde £2 win at 10.0 = £17.64 profit if it wins.  Hopefully the good going will revive this one's effort

£12 total stakes so far.

Will take a peak at Aintree soon

2230 Keeneland        Makers Mile Grade 1 Turf

Tonight's big race in the US is the Makers Mile ran over 1m (shock) over the Turf track at Keeneland  i have included the US Morning Line price and our current price offered by Bet365      US Price listed first  then the UK Price     and is correct to  12:35 BST

#    Horse                 US M/L        UK Price
1    Get Smokin         8/1             12/1
3 wins from 12 races with 8 out of 12 in the top 3 positions, has won only start this year at Tampa Bay in a garde 3 race on 6th February winning by 0.75l over 1 1/16m, Trainer Thomas Bush has a 27% win rate in graded races and has the highest last race speed rating, Junior Alvarado rides

2    Hit The Road        4/1            7/2
6 wins from 9 races including the last 4 apperances latest being a Grade 1 at Santa Anita over 1m winning by just a neck on the 6th March, previous start was a 3.75 length victory over 1m at Santa Anita in February, Florent Geroux rides

3    Somelikeithotbrown    6/1     6/1
6 wins from 17 lifetime starts and not been seen since finishing 9th place at Gulfstream in December finishing 9.5  lengths behind the winner, last seen winning 2 starts ago at Belmont back in October,  John Velazguez takes the hot seat

4    Sacred Life        4/1             5/1
6 wins from 16 starts, last seen running at Churchill Downs on the 5th September finishing 4th beaten by 4.75 lengths when starting as favourite that day however did win the previous start at Monmouth and that was following a break of 8 months, Javier Castellano rides for Chad Browns Stable

5    Darain            8/1                12/1
6 races with 3 wins to the form book with a 2nd place, won on the 6th March at Fair Grounds over 1 1/16m winning by 2 lengths however that was an allowance race so is a class riser, did run at York and Newmarket during 2020 and didnt run well here, Luiz Saez will jump aboard

6    Ride A Comet        6/1         15/2
8 wins and a 3rd place from 14 starts and was last seen finishing 7th at Santa Anita beaten by only 2.75 lengths and was bumped at the start which may have been some factor in that having won the start before that at Gulfstream and the 2 prior to that, Jockey is Tyler Gaffalione

7    Flying Scotsman    30/1        33/1
4 winners from 12 starts but was beaten 5 lengths into 9th place when seen last month at Santa Anita over 1m where weakened quickly that was a step up in class from an allowance race at Gulfstream in February where winning at a decent price (16/1) but will probably have to run like a train to win this , Corey Lanerie in the saddle

8    Raging Bull        7/2            5/2
Chad Browns stables number 1 choice in this race to be ridden by Irad Ortiz Jr, 6 wins from 19 career starts with 6 further place efforts, last seen on the 7th November last year over C&D where finished 10th but only beaten by 5 lenghts and appeared to be gaining late, has had 5 starts at Keeneland  winning once and placing twice 

9    Field Pass        8/1            14/1
16 starts with 6 wins and 5 more places to the name, last time out finished 4th on Boxing Day at Santa Anita only beaten by 1.25 lengths that day having been bumped in the race last victory was at Woodbine in November 2020 but on the All-Weather surface there, Jockey Joel Rosario is currently in a bit of form in the last 7 days he has had  8 wins from 23 races and 7 places 

Verdict: Raging Bull should go off favourite both in the US and over here i would expect, Hit The Road should go close into the frame, Luis Saez's ride is interesting on Darain, IF Joel Rosario reamins in form and avoids trouble from the outside gate Field Pass could make the top 3 however ill go with Ride A Comet if the bumping at the start was the cause for the 7th place at Santa Anita last time out was the cause it could be one to side on with Tyler Gaffalione onboard 

I think Master Tommytucker has a big race in him and could be able to reverse the Ascot form with Dashel Drasher, where he just got a bit tired in the ground. Track and ground will be ideal today. Always a chance he makes a calamitous mistake and needs to be foot perfect today. Cracking and wide open race but worth a small bet at 15/2.

Very far from foot perfect! But Fakir has won easily anyway, so placed at best if jumping better.

Edited by yossa6133

3 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

3pt win single
1450 Aintree
Chantry House 15/8

7/1

3.5pt win double
5/2

1.5pt win double
1810 Kempton Almost You
13/2

1440 Dirty Rascal
1515 Boss Power
1555 Law Of The Sea
1810 Almost You

1pt e/w (2pt total)
1405 Fontainebleau
Ok Boomer 5/1

Might have some late ones up this afternoon if they are strong in the market. One I am very very strong on if it moves the right way. I am part of the owners group on it so if we are told to back I'll put it up. Not interested in anything at Aintree apart from the two I've put up. 

Been given three today for Aintree. 

I'm having some e/w bets on them but advising no pts....

1345 Tronador 14/1 e/w (5 places)

1605 Morning Vicar e/w (7 places)

1715 Tomorrow Mystery 9/1 (5 places)

As we know, all those races look a minefield so don't go crazy if you follow them. I've been passed info on them but I'm sure several others have info in the same races.

Passing on in good faith.

Edited by Barnes1882

38 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Been given three today for Aintree. 

I'm having some e/w bets on them but advising no pts....

1345 Tronador 14/1 e/w (5 places)

1605 Morning Vicar e/w (7 places)

1715 Tomorrow Mystery 9/1 (5 places)

As we know, all those races look a minefield so don't go crazy if you follow them. I've been passed info on them but I'm sure several others have info in the same races.

Passing on in good faith.

Tronador wins with a drift to 22/1. I had 1pt e/w (2pts total) returning 28.4pts.

23 hours ago, ipswich45 said:

Other Race Notes:

Sedgefield :- 1400 Taste of fear for Dr Newland could be the one to beat in this race with 7lb claimer Cillin Leonard on board and won last time out at Hexham against Tara Mill who meet again in this race however i marginally side with Brian Hughes mount Bellaney Gem who finished 2nd at Kelso in a 7 runner event   -  WON 5/4f

Leicester :- 1440 Trinity Lake finished 2nd at Wolverhampton last time out but hasnt been seen since (6 months) and Zak Wheatley takes 7lbs off for this race, Soaring Star last seen also 6 months ago at Doncaster finishing 2nd  and has had wind surgery during that time could make the frame however i like Dirty Rascal who won earlier in the week at Wolverhampton which was helped by a fast pace up from 9st 2lb to  9st 12 on ratings but jockey Mark Crehan negates half of that with a 5lb claim  WON 11/8f

Sedgefield :- 1622 Ciarabella lightly raced mare comes into this following a C&D 2nd place in February finished ahead of Wind Of Hope who also runs in this race, i however like Gameface to be ridden by Richie McLernon finished 3rd over C&D 2 weeks ago and will be off the same mark for this contest and re-fitted cheekpieces could be the answer for this horse  WON 11-10f

Leicester :- 1630 Modmin won last year as a 3YO and last seen finishing 2nd at Newmarket 6 months ago and looks like a possible decent 4YO this season, Mars Landing (nap) space this horse was seen last season finishing 2nd at Chelmsford under Oisin Murphy and i feel has a decent chance in this race to win under Pat Dobbs and has finised in top 3 in each of last 4 starts  WON 5/2

Sedgefield :- 1730 Conundrum won over C&D 2 weeks ago and rises 6lbs for this race might be just about right for that success I shall take that on with Getaway Jewel for Brian Hughes has finished in the places in all 4 starts in handicaps goes down in trip from 2m 3f to 2m for this  WON 9/4

Wow wow wow   5 out of 5    let see if i can get the Keeneland pick up 

Brian Hughes was right to swerve Aintree today and now goes 3 clear in the championship and will indeed return to the Liverpool venue for tomorrows card

Edited by ipswich45

Well I have had one of those days today!!

Backed Midnight River at 7/1........Fell 2 out when going easily.

Bcked Copperless at 11/2.........Fell 2 out when going easily

Backed Pink Eyed Pedro at 40/1 ew. Didnt get paid out! Why? Because Dozy Bollox here didnt press the ew square, so it was a win bet.!!!

Not had a day like this for a long long time!!!?

10 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

3pt win single
1450 Aintree
Chantry House 15/8

7/1

3.5pt win double
5/2

1.5pt win double
1810 Kempton Almost You
13/2

1440 Dirty Rascal
1515 Boss Power
1555 Law Of The Sea
1810 Almost You

1pt e/w (2pt total)
1405 Fontainebleau
Ok Boomer 5/1

Crazy crazy day! Here goes....

I have continued testing out my theory today with fancied runners the night before and it's worked.

I put three up after these selections and although two of them didn't return anything (lost 4pts total on them) due to a fall and being pulled up, Tronador won 1pt e/w to return 28.4pts (26.4pt profit).

Then from the selections above....

3pt Chantry House returned 8.6pts (5.6pt profit)

2pt Chantry & Bravemansgame lost

3.5pt Boss Power double lost (still so annoyed that Boss Power was beaten a nostril hair, would have returned around 13pts if it had held on. It went 1/10 in running and was backed off the boards before the race)

1.5pt win double Dirty and Almost lost (again Almost backed into 8/13 and came nowhere after Dirty won) 

The 3pt Lucky15 returned 3.2pts so a .2pt profit

1pt e/w Ok Bloomer won returning 8pts

However, as mentioned, I tried to look now and again at the horses I liked and whether they had been backed. I couldn't see Law Of The Sea losing so I put it in a new double with The Mean Queen 2pt win to return 9pts and then I had a late 2pt double on Quenelle D'or & Dragon Symbol which won and returned 8pts.

Therefore after all bets today....

Three late info selections = 6pts staked and 28.4pts returned resulting in a profit of 22.4pts.

Rest of the bets = 19pts staked and 36.8pts returned. Profit = 17.8pts.

17.8 + 22.4 = 40.2pts profit today.

12 minutes ago, Barnes1882 said:

Crazy crazy day! Here goes....

I have continued testing out my theory today with fancied runners the night before and it's worked.

I put three up after these selections and although two of them didn't return anything (lost 4pts total on them) due to a fall and being pulled up, Tronador won 1pt e/w to return 28.4pts (26.4pt profit).

Then from the selections above....

3pt Chantry House returned 8.6pts (5.6pt profit)

2pt Chantry & Bravemansgame lost

3.5pt Boss Power double lost (still so annoyed that Boss Power was beaten a nostril hair, would have returned around 13pts if it had held on. It went 1/10 in running and was backed off the boards before the race)

1.5pt win double Dirty and Almost lost (again Almost backed into 8/13 and came nowhere after Dirty won) 

The 3pt Lucky15 returned 3.2pts so a .2pt profit

1pt e/w Ok Bloomer won returning 8pts

However, as mentioned, I tried to look now and again at the horses I liked and whether they had been backed. I couldn't see Law Of The Sea losing so I put it in a new double with The Mean Queen 2pt win to return 9pts and then I had a late 2pt double on Quenelle D'or & Dragon Symbol which won and returned 8pts.

Therefore after all bets today....

Three late info selections = 6pts staked and 28.4pts returned resulting in a profit of 22.4pts.

Rest of the bets = 19pts staked and 36.8pts returned. Profit = 17.8pts.

17.8 + 22.4 = 40.2pts profit today.

Just had 2.4pts on Hold Fast to return 8.6pts. 6.2pt profit ending the day 46.4pts up. 

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Looked at Sedgefield so far today

2.00 I do fancy Taste The Fear to win this race.  Its price is around 7/4 and has been steady overnight.  I haven't backed it and have preferred to save my stake money for a later race

2.30 Very tricky race with up to 7 horses under 10/1.  Nothing really stands out so I'll leave it

3.05 Whispering Gypsy £2 win at 8.8 = £15.29 profit if it wins.  Bled from the nose last time out and won a bumper before that so I'm taking a chance that it has recover

3.47 Nothing stands out and top 2 int the market have drifted in price overnight.  No Bet

4.22 Looked at Gameface with Wind Of Hope a danger.  Gameface has never won a race and although Wind Of Hope has I'm not sure it will stay the distance so no bet

4.55 Agent Valdiz looks to be the best bet of the day so I have had £8 to win at 2.36.  It appears that only ATR and Timeform have gone against it.  I think its Brian Hughes best ride of the day so I have opted to back this one instead of Taste The Fear in the first race.

5.30 Placedela Concorde £2 win at 10.0 = £17.64 profit if it wins.  Hopefully the good going will revive this one's effort

£12 total stakes so far.

Will take a peak at Aintree soon

RESULTS UPDATE

At least I chose the right horse to back even though it became second favourite.  The net profit on the day was £6.51 so my balance now stands at £545.72 (Bank £500)

It's the Grand National tomorrow; not sure I'll be sporting a cloth cap but the race should be fun to watch