** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cymru Premier Predictions > Apr 9th & 10th

welshodds.jpg

The Cymru Premier is at that stage of the season where the split has happened now so it's going to get a little more competitive. Check out the odds above and give us any predictions you have for these games below. I'll take a look and pick a game to preview later this week. :ok

Caernarfon vs Barry Town

One Cymru Premier game that is drawing my attention this weekend is the 2:30pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon between Caernarfon and Barry Town at The Oval in what is essentially a battle between the north and the south. It's the first round of the second phase of the season with these two teams now competing in the top half of the table for a potential spot in Europe next season.

Caernarfon have exceeded expectations this season by qualifying for the top half of the split. Manager Huw Griffiths has saw his team pip newly promoted Haverfordwest County to the 6th place spot. It now gives the Canaries a brilliant outside chance of gatecrashing the European qualification places. The team has performed well since the restart after the Welsh national lockdown with just 1 loss from their 5 league games and that was an unsurprising 4-1 loss away to TNS with 10-men. It's been the three wins over Flint Town United, Bala Town, and Cardiff Met Uni that have stood out though.

Barry Town come into this game with a big opportunity to really pile the pressure on the 3rd placed Bala Town. Manager Gavin Chesterfield has led his team to 4th in the table and just 6 points behind the Lakesiders. 3 wins from their last 4 league games including a stunning 6-2 win over Bala Town sees them full of confidence heading into this clash. Only 4 wins from their 11 away league matches this season is a bit of a problem though. It's not a terrible record but it doesn't instil much confidence that they can grab a win here.

My initial feeling for this game was that it would be a draw. Caernarfon are the underdogs of this top half phase so they will feel they have nothing to lose. Their home form has suffered without their passionate home fans being in attendance so the changes things here. I'd have been tempted to back them to spring a surprise win if their fans were present. I think the draw still seems the best value in what could be a tightly contested encounter.

Draw @ 3.70 with SBK

BTTS @ 1.62 with SBK