Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

World Championships (inc Qualifiers)

Some nervy snooker at the start of that match but Robbo came out of it 5-3 up and with a big high break of 135. Anybody following the bet, it's currently 2-2 on 50 breaks. Today sees one of the outright bets play in just over an hour as Hawkins takes on Kyren Wilson, whilst Ronnie continues his match against McGill, locked at 4-4. If we take out events such as the Championship League, Kyren Wilson holds a 4-3 head-to-head overy Barry over the last 4 years. Kyren beat Barry 13-11 at the 2019 Worlds and between then and now, there has been two deciding leg matches (4-3 Barry, Paul Hunter Classic and 4-3 Kyren, Scottish Open)

Interestingly, Barry was 4-0 and 6-1 up, in 2019, in a match that gave 9 centuries.

I think Barry is worth a bet here. Kyren went 5-1 down to Gary Wilson in the 1st round and then turned on the magic. Hawkins had a nice round 1 match, as Selt never turned up. Barry did manage 2 centuries though. I'll take Barry to get a good lead on his Birthday.

5pts B.Hawkins to beat K.Wilson 6/5 paddypower
4pts M.Williams to beat J.Higgins 11/8 paddypower
1pt accy - Hawkins, Williams, Allen & Bingham 17/1 paddypower (money back if one leg loses)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am going to go with Hallworth again tomorrow. He has Jordan Brown in the morning. Hallworth looked calm and composed in and amongst the balls and I think if he can make use of a good start, he could

Yeah, one to leave alone in future, I think. One for tonight, for me. Jamie O'Neill to beat Jamie Clarke. I watched alot of Clarke's last match and it was an absolute slog against a 15 year old. Boiko

I suppose the first couple of days is the most likely time that it fails as more matches and less quality but it's worth a few points at 12/1. Selt won with ease in the end. Couple of big priced

Wow!, out goes Ronnie. Well done McGill, who looked like he was going to bottle it. Lucky for him, Ronnie got out of position and went for a long red and McGill did the business. Opens the top half of the draw. Hawkins was quite unlucky tonight and Wilson destroyed him, but he got a hold of the last few frames and at 9-7 it's still an open match.

On 4/22/2021 at 11:23 AM, Fader said:

2nd round starts today, as Ronnie takes on Ant McGill, at 1pm. The other 1pm match is Murphy/Davis finishing up. Selby's match against Maflin tinishes tonight and Neil Robertson gets his 2nd round match against Lisowski started. I'm quite tempted to go with McGill with a starting handicap, but he's never beaten Ronnie and I get the feeling that he would bottle it, if he got a few frames ahead. I will take Robertson to beat Lisowski, with a handicap, though.

I was put off of Robertson in this event, because of his pretty awful recent record, here. I still am not sure if he's going to win it, but he does look like he's come to play, here and I can see him getting through Lisowski without too much fuss. I was tempted to take Carter against Lisowski, but something told me not to. Robertson beat Jack 10-5 in the recent Tour match and 11-4 in the 2019 China Open, so he knows how to beat Lisowski in the longer formats. He also has a head-to-head record of "Played 10, Won 10"

6pts N.Robertson (-3.5 frames) to beat J.Lisowski 5/6 paddypower
4pts N.Robertson to have highest break, most 50 breaks and win 9/4 paddypower
1pt R'O'Sullivan to beat A.McGill 13-8 or 13-9 paddypower 4/1

Robertson wins 13-9 to just about cover the handicap and also the 9/4 comes in. I was very tempted to go with Allen today, but I have him in an outsider accy and ofcourse on the outright and so I don't want to get too involved. I will take Bingtao to beat Murphy though. Murphy isn't the player of old and his love for Snooker just doesn't seem there over the past several years, really. He can still mix it with the top 32 but you feel like, if Murphy dropped off tour, he would never attempt to get back on, in my opinion.

4pts Y.Bingtao (-3.5 handicap) to beat S.Murphy 9/4 paddypower
3pts M.Allen and Y.Bingtao both to win 4/1 paddypower

Yeah, a good win on Mark Williams. Hawkins bottle went once again, once he got back to level. Allen is back to 2 frames away and Bingtao is now 10-6. The handicap bet is out of the picture, but wouldn't surprise me if that ended close.

Great 1/4 final line-up, my picks are Bingham/Williams/Robbo/Trump and a Williams/Trump final hopefully!

*well that was crap! williams and robbo dumped out - I guess McGill and Murphy will win now!*

Edited by charliepie
update score

Semi-finals, then :

Bingham Vs Selby
Murphy Vs Wilson

Would have to make Selby fav now. Murphy is playing some great stuff, though. Bingham/Selby gets underway tomorrow, 1pm. Murphy match kicking off at 7pm.I'm going to have a look at a bet tonight. I can definitely see centuries tomorrow. Come on Bingham!

I won't go too mad with the Bingham match, but I do like 2 for today. One is Murphy to beat Kyren Wilson. Kyren didn't need to be that great in beating Robertson, who always seems to struggle at the Crucible in the last 5 years or so. I'll take the bang in-form Murphy, who just looks his old self up there.

I'll also take a boosted one from paddypower. Basically, all 4 semi-finalists to get 2 centuries. Could happen today, let alone whole match.

5pts S. Murphy to beat K. Wilson 11/10 bet365
4pts Selby, Bingham, Wilson & Murphy all to hit 2 centuries each 11/8 paddypower

Yeah, I think we're on about 99 centuries now as we were on 96 in the Wilson Quarter final match. Selby, Bingham and Wilson have all hit 2+ centuries, so hoping for Murphy to hit 2 tomorrow. 

Bingham played some great stuff today. 11 reds and 11 blacks too, but missed a red. I thought the 147 was on, for the highest break (currently 144 from Murphy)

It's getting very interesting now. Murphy 12-12 Wilson. Good to see Murphy get a century but should have had 2-3 really. Perfect scenario, Bingham wins in an hour and Murphy wins with a century tonight. 

Murphy hits his 2nd century to hit the 11/8 on 2+ centuries for all semi-finalist. Murphy leads 15-12. Needs 2 more to win. Bingham losing 16-15. Needs 2 frames in the completion, after the Murphy match.

On 4/29/2021 at 11:46 AM, Fader said:

I won't go too mad with the Bingham match, but I do like 2 for today. One is Murphy to beat Kyren Wilson. Kyren didn't need to be that great in beating Robertson, who always seems to struggle at the Crucible in the last 5 years or so. I'll take the bang in-form Murphy, who just looks his old self up there.

I'll also take a boosted one from paddypower. Basically, all 4 semi-finalists to get 2 centuries. Could happen today, let alone whole match.

5pts S. Murphy to beat K. Wilson 11/10 bet365
4pts Selby, Bingham, Wilson & Murphy all to hit 2 centuries each 11/8 paddypower

both come in. Come on Bingham, 2 frames in a row needed, now.

Typical Selby. Bingham should have made that 16-16. So frustrating.

I fancy Murphy in the final. The scoring difference between the two is pretty big and if Murphy can limit the amount of grinded out boring frames where Selby uses his gamesmanship then Murphy could win this

4pts S.Murphy to beat M.Selby 13/8 bet365