** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Championships (inc Qualifiers)

Fader

The qualifiers for the big one get going tomorrow. Players have to get through 4 rounds of snooker before they can have the chance, in Round 1, against the "big boys" 

One of the stand out ties and infact THE stand out tie, must be Hendry taking on Jimmy White.

Here are my fancies to qualify :

4pts R.Milkins to qualify Group 3 6/4 skybet
2pts S.Carrington to qualify section 8 5/1 boylesports
1pt S.Hendry to qualify Group 1 33/1 paddypower
1pt O.Lines to qualify Group 2 25/1 paddypower
1pt S.Vahedi to qualify section 4 33/1 skybet
1pt J.Cahill to qualify section 12 18/1 unibet

10 hours ago, charliepie said:

Can't believe they drew each other, sod's law but it is the tie of the round that's for sure! Jimmy rightly the favourite but really it's 50/50 who goes through on the night. Stephen has a huge psychological advantage over Jimmy for sure.

yeah, it's really hard to gauge Hendry's form. He played well against Selt and Selt was on fire. The winner of the match has a nice chance of making it through and both are 33/1. I only picked Hendry on the fact Jimmy is going to be remembering that scarring. 

57 minutes ago, charliepie said:

Christ! How has big Soheil blown a 5-2 lead to lose 6-5? Guess there will be other turnarounds before the week is done.

Utter dross. Embarrassing as you like. That final frame was a joke lol 

Well that was a 4 hour slog! Jimmy played terrribly but still only lost 6-3, Stephen will have to up his game a lot if he's going to go much further but he's in the next round which is all that counts at the moment. Guess it was a dream first round draw for Hendry:-)

I'm not sure it was a match Hendry wanted either. It's always going to be tough for Hendry to qualify. I think he has a 50/50 chance against Xu Si but in reality it's unlikely that he beats Yuelong. He has more chance of beating Yuelong than White does though and so 33/1 looked a big price. 

One bet for me tonight is to stick with my pre-event pick of Oliver Lines. He faces Dominic Dale in Round 2 of qualification. He comes into this after beating Emery 6-1. Emery hit a century in his only frame, whilst Lines hit 3 centuries, a 93 and a 78. Dale holds a good head-to-head against Lines, having beaten him 3 times out of 3. However, Dale hasn't been in good form. Lost 4-0 to Pengfei 1st round at the Gibraltar Open. 4-1 first round defeat at the Welsh Open and both those results coming after a 5-0 whitewash from Ding in the Last 16 of the German Masters. 

4pts O.Lines to beat D.Dale 13/8 bet365

I'm inclined to agree, let's hope he doesn't do his usual of throwing in a poor performance after a great one! I almost did a fun double on the two youngsters today(Mertens and McGuigan) so will be annoyed if they both win as it's looking likely now! Did a small double on Kleckers/Filipiak though which won. Will have a nostalgic double on Hendry/Bond tonight and hope the oldies can win! 

1 hour ago, charliepie said:

Oh well, both the youngsters blow it so I'm vindicated! I do hope that Lines wins tonight or I'll be eating value sandwiches for the rest of the week!

Dale got the biggest fluke ever in the first frame. Good to see Lines has woken up now. Needs to get it back to 2-2 and kick on.

The qualies are always a real grind aren't they! Shame Hendry couldn't give the young lad a decent game tonight, 11.30pm and the other 3 matches still going. Looking ominous now as Dale is 5-4 up and on a break to possibly win the match. *edit* Good century from Dale, he deserved to win I suppose but it sucks as I thought Lines would do it tonight!

Edited by charliepie

Yeah, but you expect abit more composure from the real pros don't you? Dale was there for the taking tonight. I thought Lines was really poor. Just hitting and hoping alot of the time and making some right daft errors. 

Yeah, one to leave alone in future, I think. One for tonight, for me. Jamie O'Neill to beat Jamie Clarke. I watched alot of Clarke's last match and it was an absolute slog against a 15 year old. Boiko is a good prospect but he didn't play well atall and Clarke couldn't hit more than one 50 break. Aslong as the moment doesn't get in his head, then 6/4 on O'Neill looks big in the battle of the Jamie's.

4pts J.O'Neill to beat J.Clarke 6/4 bet365

I'm also going to take Higginson on the handicap against Sargeant. Another player that looked dodgy in his last match. That may be because he was playing a female but Sergeant's form has hardly been that great before, anyway. I like Higginson as a player and he scores well. I can't see him losing more than 3 frames.

5.5pts A.Higginson (-2.5 frames) to beat B.Sargeant 8/11 paddypower

44 minutes ago, charliepie said:

Tight one but the handicap bet comes in. BS was poor last match probably due to playing a female, wasn't much better today though! Let's hope the dog wins tonight.

Yeah, the standard has been really bad from the couple of matches I've watched. Pub snooker. Glad to see the handicap come through and I'm feeling confident about tonight because Clarkey was rubbish last night.

Despite that disgusting bad beat lastnight, I will take one this afternoon and that's Hallworth to beat Grace. These two have had some close matches at Q School over the last few years, and Hallworth looked pretty good in his first round win. I think the 11/8 on offer looks good value

4pts S.Hallworth to beat D.Grace 11/8 bet365

WC bets -4pts

Two I liked for tonight, but I think I'll only have a bet on the one. Jak Jones to beat Kurt Maflin. Mainly because Maflin hasn't had a whole lot of snooker. Despite using the Championship League as a "warm-up" to this, his scoring wasn't very good, apart from his match against Robertson. I would give Jak Jones a chance, tonight.

4pts J.Jones to beat K.Maflin 13/8 paddypower