** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Grand National 10th April 2021

Another winner who was over the fences for the first time. Apart from tiger roll who doubled up the last 9-10 winners were over the national fences for the first time. That’s a pretty strong stat . Most of the horses in top 10 were over the fences for first time. Think only Blaklion and Jett were only two to jump national fences before. 

Edited by Villa Chris

16 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

From a business perspective you can't blame the bookmakers, most punters on the national won't have any idea what an over-round is and will be back next year for a bet.

The more savvy will have shopped around for better odds. I have no complaints, especially with the fantastic BET365 offer.

I agree. Some of those offers are really good, so at least some bookies are at least 'giving back' to the average punter.

Back in the day you were paid out 1/4 1-4 places. No enhancements, no bonuses andif you backed AP, there was no such thing as non runner no bet a week before the race.

A lot of you guys over there in UK do not realize how lucky you are with the bookies. Because I am in a different jurisdiction, I am restricted and choice is limited. My main bookie NEVER has any bonuses or place enhancements and its like betting in the 80's with them. The National for example I got 1-4 1/4 Odds on race day and 1-5 1/4 odds on AP. Not 1 single race at Cheltenham or Aintree was I able to get anything other than Standard bookies odds and places.