Jump to content
Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Racing Chat Wednesday 24th March


Recommended Posts

My selections for tomorrow (three bets in total currently)....

1355 Tipperary

Big Changes

2pt bet 15/8 @ bet365

(Had this horse in my tracker since last week when he was labelled as the next Monkfish. Looked at it last night, opened at 9/1 today, but I was teaching and completely forgot and only managed to get it at 2/1 just now).

1655 Hereford

Checkinforsquirels

1.5pt bet 10/3 @ William Hill

 

1455 Market Rasen Kap Auteuil 8/11

1547 Haydock Mr Glass 8/11

2pt win double 2/1 @ bet365

 

Added one more selection 8am....

1530 Market Rasen

Gunsight Ridge

1pt bet 2/1 @ William Hill

Edited by Barnes1882
Changed one selection to 1.5pt bet as got stake wrong.
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Valley Win Lucky 15 

1115- PRESIDENT STAR 16/5

1245- SHINING ON 6/1 

115- V CHEVALIERS 9/2 

145- DAILY BEAUTY 9/4 

Prices betfair

 

505 Market Rasen - MIXEDWAVE 8/1 ew betfair 

Pam Slys horses been running ok without getting their heads in front but plenty being placed , this 4 year old gets the age allowance & dons a hood on rules debut .

Edited by calva decoy
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

My selections for tomorrow (three bets in total currently)....

1355 Tipperary

Big Changes

2pt bet 15/8 @ bet365

(Had this horse in my tracker since last week when he was labelled as the next Monkfish. Looked at it last night, opened at 9/1 today, but I was teaching and completely forgot and only managed to get it at 2/1 just now).

1655 Hereford

Checkinforsquirels

1pt bet 10/3 @ William Hill

 

1455 Market Rasen Kap Auteuil 8/11

1547 Haydock Mr Glass 8/11

2pt win double 2/1 @ bet365

 

Added one more selection 8am....

1530 Market Rasen

Gunsight Ridge

1pt bet 2/1 @ William Hill

Double over in France to add to previous selections....

Le Croise-Laroche

1510 Shinning Ocean 11/8 1.25pt win

1540 Tirano 11/8 1.25pt win

1pt win on the double 9/2

Edited by Barnes1882
Link to post
Share on other sites

220 MR - MADE FOR YOU - blinkers for first time and ridden by Aidan Coleman 7/2 William Hills

330 MR - QUEST FOR LIFE (ew) - Loves this trip. Ridden by Joe Williamson who has won once and placed 3 times from 5 rides here for T.Walford 11/2 (Just gone 9/2) William Hills 

Edited by Drac
Price of Quest for life dropped since typing
Link to post
Share on other sites

All prices Bet365:

12.30 Haydock - 1pt e/w Get Bye @ 22/1

Showed some promise in bumpers and wasn't disgraced on hurdle debut at Doncaster last time. Raced a bit keenly and wasn't given a hard time for his first run in the jumping sphere and shaped like he could do a bit better with the experience under his belt. Good ground will suit and if knowing a bit more here, ought to be able to get closer to Kensington Art on this occasion.

1.30 Haydock - 3pts win Glenduff @ 7/2

Very sweet on Nicky Richards' runner here who I think will take a lot of beating. Has done little wrong when getting his ground including when winning a novice hurdle easily last year - the horse in 2nd that day is now a 125-rated chaser, the same mark that Glenduff runs off today. Had soft ground against him two starts back and just didn't get home despite travelling like the best horse over three miles last time. Down in trip off a very winnable mark and on good ground should see him back in the winners' enclosure today.

2.20 Market Rasen - 1pt e/w Blue Beirut @ 12/1

Only fairly modest on the flat but has typically been consistent in staying handicaps and hasn't been disgraced in novice hurdles given his limited ability and the fact they've all been on deep ground. This flat bred horse typically raced on sound surfaces on the level so should enjoy the less emphasis on stamina here and now handicapping off a lowly mark, looks interesting.

2.37 Haydock - 1pt win Silk or Scarlet @ 7/1

Has been pretty in and out but is well handicapped on a couple of pieces of old form and I think 3 miles on good ground could potentially suit him - isn't the quickest horse and has been outpaced over shorter, including last time, but has form at around 3 miles on soft and I think these better conditions can help him get home whilst not being outpaced in the run. It's not the strongest race and I think he could go well.

2.45 Hereford - 1pt e/w Isla Di Milano @ 16/1

Was running well over hurdles last year and clearly needed his return 17 days ago after a long break. Hopefully won't bounce today as should strip fitter now the should enjoy conditions for his chasing debut. Won a point under similar conditions a while back - beating a horse who subsequently has run off marks in the low 100s over here so this mark of 76 looks fair enough and could go better now.

3.20 Hereford - 1pt e/w Warranty @ 9/1

This looks a really big price to me assuming all is well after he finished lame when last seen. Prior to that he was beaten less than 8 lengths by 130 and 125 rated horses on heavy ground and on that evidence he looks capable of picking up a contest like this now facing quicker ground - that was what he was running on on the flat so it should suit and looks overpriced to me. 

4.05 Market Rasen - 1pt win Thegallantway @ 7/1

Hasn't taken to chasing with jumping errors plaguing his runs in decent contests but still hasn't been totally disgraced and the move back to hurdling looks a good move. His last run in this sphere saw him beat the decent The Wolf in a match race and his mark looks fair on that. Good ground suits, the trip is fine and looks sure to go well now facing the smaller obstacles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

12.30 Rabiski.  Top rated by Timeform but has done very little over hurdles so I'll pass.  some money for this one.  Also the favourite is still supported 6/4, 13/8 last night and now 2/1, 9/4.  No bet for me

1.00 Hayd Mrs Barnes.  Spotlight reckons that there are stamina doubts but it did get 2nd in a 3 mile PTP.  Looks a value bet.  Had £1.50 at 9/1 which has been destroyed by the abstention of Style It Out.  I will try and get a better price later.  Trading at 6's and 7's.  Will try to get 8's.  I hate it when horses are pulled out at a late stage.  I cashed out my £1.50 bet for a 7p loss as the bookies smashed my poss £15 return into £10.43.  There was quite a bit of money for Style It Out and I was going to have it as an insurance bet.   

Back later

     

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheikh Hamdan al Maktoum

RIP

Sad news that Sheikh Hamdan has died at the age of 75

One of the all time great owner breeders ........ his list of big race wins takes up a whole page on Wiki. 

Nashwan, Salsibil, Dayjur, Battaash, were some of his great horses .......... he won 12 English classics, 6 Irish classics, and grade one races in the USA, Europe and Australia (2 Melbourne Cups)

Link to post
Share on other sites

todays top rated selections

HAYDOCK 14:02 Ey Up Rocky 5/2 win

HAYDOCK 15:12 Destinee Royale 2/1 win

MARKET RASEN 15:30 Good Man Pat 11/1 e/w 3 Places

MARKET RASEN 16:05 Fantastikas 2/1 win

also having a small bet on

HAYDOCK 15:12 Christmas In April 12/1 e/w 2 Places

MARKET RASEN 16:05 Mr Scrumpy 33/1 e/w 3 Places

Link to post
Share on other sites

2.20 M/Rsn Trying to get £2 win matched on Bring the Bacon (Spotlight,RP) Kapitaliste drifting like barge 7/2, 4/1 was 9/4 last night.  Best favourite's chance looks to be Gugus Collonges but Maid For you is well supported too. £1 win at 11/5 Ins bet. Put £1 win on that too at 11/5.  Should be fun to watch this race with 3 running for me

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4.05 M/ras The favourite is pretty solid in this race at between 15/8 and 2/1.  I can't back it that price though.  Instead I will put a whole 50p win on No Hidden Charges at 28/1.  Tom Scudamore must be feeling good after his 14/1 winner in the last race; so let's hope that he can do it again

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Average day so far....

Big Changes - (wasn't good enough) -2pts

Gunsight Ridge - (travelling the best two from home and clattered it which stopped him and finished 2nd) -1pt

French singles and double - (not touching over there again) -3.5pts lost

Total lost = 6.5pts

Kap Auteuil & Mr Glass 2/1 double lands (R4 on Mr Glass race but drift on Kap Auteuil still worked out as 2/1 for me) 2pts staked at 2/1 = 6pts return including stake

Total won = 6pts

-0.5pts down for the day currently with Checkinforsquirels to run in the 1655. 1.5pts on it at 10/3 so a win will leave me 5.45pts in profit for the day and a loss will leave me 2pts down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Barnes1882 said:

Average day so far....

Big Changes - (wasn't good enough) -2pts

Gunsight Ridge - (travelling the best two from home and clattered it which stopped him and finished 2nd) -1pt

French singles and double - (not touching over there again) -3.5pts lost

Total lost = 6.5pts

Kap Auteuil & Mr Glass 2/1 double lands (R4 on Mr Glass race but drift on Kap Auteuil still worked out as 2/1 for me) 2pts staked at 2/1 = 6pts return including stake

Total won = 6pts

-0.5pts down for the day currently with Checkinforsquirels to run in the 1655. 1.5pts on it at 10/3 so a win will leave me 5.45pts in profit for the day and a loss will leave me 2pts down.

Currently 2pts down today but I put 1.5pts on this first thing today, hoping it wins for a 5.4pt return to end the day in profit.

368369784_Screenshot_20210324-191642_WilliamHill.thumb.jpg.04dfff49caeb80962f4e099a0e775448.jpg

Edited by Barnes1882
Link to post
Share on other sites

Snowy Burrows Declared for Thursday 25th March

Snowy at Sedgefield 
Our lovely mare Snowy Burrows is declared for the Sean Conway Racing Jumps And Flat Mares' Handicap Hurdle at Sedgefield on Thursday 25th March. The race is a Class 5 over 2m 3f 188y  and at the time of writing there are 12 runners.

We are delighted to have Champion Jockey, Brian Hughes riding for us and feel this is a huge feather in 4Racing's cap and can only thank Rebecca Menzies for securing his services for us.

This is the first time Snowy would have raced in a handicap and also on the ground and distance we feel she needs and as such we are trying to be competitive. Our advice, if you like a little flutter, is to have a small EW bet on her but try doing this on the day of the race. If there are too many early bets on her the bookies will slash the price and may also put Rebecca under investigation, which is the last thing we want to happen. 

Graham Arnold 
Founder & Partner

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Striker said:

Good luck today

Each way plays on some outsiders in Hong Kong today

11.15-Wonder Express @ 20-1 [4 places] William Hill

11.45-Wind Glider @ 20-1 [4 places] William Hill

1.45-Island Shine @ 33-1 [4 places] Skybet

All ran Okay without success, especially the final bet who was unlucky while the first did not stay but no excuses for the second bet

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mikemike13 said:

Snowy Burrows Declared for Thursday 25th March

Snowy at Sedgefield 
Our lovely mare Snowy Burrows is declared for the Sean Conway Racing Jumps And Flat Mares' Handicap Hurdle at Sedgefield on Thursday 25th March. The race is a Class 5 over 2m 3f 188y  and at the time of writing there are 12 runners.

We are delighted to have Champion Jockey, Brian Hughes riding for us and feel this is a huge feather in 4Racing's cap and can only thank Rebecca Menzies for securing his services for us.

This is the first time Snowy would have raced in a handicap and also on the ground and distance we feel she needs and as such we are trying to be competitive. Our advice, if you like a little flutter, is to have a small EW bet on her but try doing this on the day of the race. If there are too many early bets on her the bookies will slash the price and may also put Rebecca under investigation, which is the last thing we want to happen. 

Graham Arnold 
Founder & Partner

Very best of luck tomorrow; I see that Timeform have selected it on the At The Races website despite there being no rating as such yet.  Most bookies have it quoted at 4/1 so let's hope that she can ran better than a 20% chance should 🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...