** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Mar 20th & 21st

Northampton vs Crewe Alexandra

The League One matches offer up some intriguing fixtures on Saturday afternoon but the game I'm choosing to focus on this weekend is the clash between relegation battlers Northampton and mid-table side Crewe Alexandra in a 3pm GMT kick-off at the Sixfields Stadium. This might seem like a moment of madness based on their league positions but bear with me!

Northampton have had a tough season. I mean, personally, I've still not forgiven them for knocking Cardiff out of the old Division Three play-offs back in the 1997/98 season or the humiliating 3-0 loss they inflicted on us in the EFL Cup earlier this season. The Cobblers are down in 21st place and 1 point adrift of safety. Keith Curle has been replaced by Jon Brady as manager and results have started to pick up with the club suffering just 1 loss in their last 4 league games. Home form has been key to giving the team a chance to save themselves with the team being unbeaten in their last 3 home league games including enjoying back-to-back victories.

Crewe Alexandra have endured another tough week in their history with the club's links to disgraced former coach Barry Bennell's child sex offences during his time with the club being in the spotlight once again. The club are currently in 15th place and with relegation and promotion both looking unlikely this season they'll just be keen to get a win and add some positive light around the club. Unfortunately, the club have only won 1 of their last 5 league games and haven't managed a win in their last 4 away league games. Only 4 wins from their 17 league games on the road this season show how they have struggled on their travels.

It's easy to think that due to there being a 15-point gap between these two sides that backing the away win seems decent value but when you see how Northampton are improving at home and Crewe Alexandra have toiled all season on the road then the home win becomes a lot more tempting. I think the home side are worth backing here at this incredible price even if it's a draw no bet option.

Northampton Draw No Bet @ 2.40 with SBK

BTTS @ 1.91 with SBK

Harrogate Town vs Morecambe

The game I am focusing on for my League Two coverage on Saturday afternoon is the 3pm GMT kick-off between Harrogate Town and Morecambe at Wetherby Road. This clash could prove very influential in the race for the play-off spots with both teams in firm contention. Am I being naïve in following the ELO ratings with my nose? Or should we be anticipating a home win for the lower-placed side?

Harrogate Town will certainly consider this season a success no matter what happens between now and the final game of the season. Simon Weaver has done a cracking job at helping the club consolidate itself as a League Two side after promotion from the National League. The Sulphurites are in 12th place and 8 points off the play-off pace but have played a number of games more than the teams above them. However, 4 wins from their last 6 league games shows they're a team that are getting the maximum points from their league fixtures more often than not now. It's also 5 wins from their last 6 home league games including winning their last 4 home league matches in a row.

Morecambe understandably come into this game feeling they can take the win and strengthen their position within the play-off positions. The Shrimps are in 7th place and 3 points inside the play-off spots but the chasing pack do boast games in hand. Derek Adams might have had to swallow some gloating from Kevin Ellison last week in their defeat to Newport County but he'll be keen to see his team bounce back to winning ways. Inconsistent recent results have held the team back and with just 1 win from their last 6 away league games it's clear that their form on the road could be their downfall.

This is a massive game for both sides. A win for Harrogate Town and they could propel themselves right back into the play-off discussion if they can build on it. Morecambe will have failed to win 3 games in a row if they don't win here. That's the sort of form you don't want at this stage of the season if you're in a play-off hunt. I think the odds on a home win are too good to ignore with the teams' respective home and away form.

Harrogate Town to Win @ 2.46 with SBK

BTTS @ 1.95 with SportNation