** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Mar 20th

these fixtures look easy so going with treble on following

reading

bristol city

middlesbrough (this is risky but i really think middlesbrough could narrowly edge out millwall and move in playoff zone)

i also fancy wins for coventry, preston, norwich, stoke, watford and will include them also in acca

treble stake £30 pays around £500

full acca stake £20 pays £3.000

good luck

Swansea vs Cardiff

The big game in the Championship... no, the world (!?)... is the South Wales derby between Swansea and Cardiff in a 5:30pm GMT kick-off from the Liberty Stadium. I'm not going to lie, I've been horrifically ill for the past couple of days, I'm awaiting results for a covid test, and this is the last thing I want to watch given our awful performances in this fixture over recent years. :$

Swansea have emerged as one of the main contenders for the automatic promotion spots in the second tier of English football. The Swans are in 3rd place but only 3 points behind 2nd placed Watford with a game in hand. Steve Cooper's men have only lost 1 of their last 5 league games but there is a bit of inconsistency creeping into their results. The 3-0 loss away to Bournemouth in their last outing was an alarming score-line against promotion rivals. However, it's just 2 defeats from their 18 home league games and if you can win your home games then pick up enough points on the road then you'll be well set. That's exactly what Swansea are doing. It also helps that they have beaten Cardiff in 3 of their last 4 meetings including the 2-0 win in the reverse fixture earlier this season.

Cardiff might be starting to see the new manager bounce wear off but it's hard to say that it's anything Mick McCarthy has done that has caused such a drop in performances and results. The Bluebirds are in 9th place and 6 points off the play-offs but it's just 1 win in their last 5 league matches and no victory in their last 3 league encounters. A combination of tired legs due to a thin squad and a defensive injury crisis has hit the club hard. Perry Ng, Joe Bagan, Curtis Nelson, and Joe Bennett have all been hit by injury recently and there's a strong chance all three will be absent again for this game. It's a fair from ideal scenario for a club that is desperate to give a good account of themselves in a fixture they've flattered to deceive in for years now.

OK, I'm going to be honest here. I have a very bad feeling about this game. I want to be positive and feel we're in good hands under McCarthy but our squad is tired and our defensive absentees could be a problem. I'm hoping that we might be able to call on Jordi Osei-Tutu but he's severely lacking match sharpness. It looks like we'll be calling on the youngsters of Thomas Sang and Ciaron Brown again! Swansea are looking genuine promotion candidates this year and I feel we're still 2-3 players off being at that level at least. Anything can happen in a derby game and I'd love for us to give a good account of ourselves but I fear we're set to lose this and be the first Cardiff squad to lose both derby games with Swansea in a single season.

Swansea to Win @ 2.65 with Unibet

Sending Off in Match @ 6.00 with Bet365