Jump to content
Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Recommended Posts

Tremendous beating. I'm really happy to have seen it. I have nothing against Nadal but I don't like how he's treated by the media. Before the match started I heard some sports journalists making fun about how many games would be able to win Rublev. They were saying that no more than 7-8... Lol. And I wonder...how many Rublev matches have seen these guys this year...?  He has destroyed Nadal after playing an epic match against RBA in his last round in which he even had cramps during the last set, and that's the only reason why I had some doubts about him today. But it's obvious he has recovered well from that. He's a beast. I think we can say Rafa has found another player who can beat him on clay, even in Montecarlo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Andrey Rublev to beat Roberto Bautista-Agut at 1.52 with Pinnacle I backed RBA today and he did get the job done, but I think he loses tomorrow. He's been a bit shabby overall so far, just lucky

Medvedev tested positive to COVID and yesterday he had a practice with Nadal.

Has anybody called Fognini to ask about his intentions for today? 😆 

6 hours ago, darko08 said:

Tremendous beating. I'm really happy to have seen it. I have nothing against Nadal but I don't like how he's treated by the media. Before the match started I heard some sports journalists making fun about how many games would be able to win Rublev. They were saying that no more than 7-8... Lol. And I wonder...how many Rublev matches have seen these guys this year...?  He has destroyed Nadal after playing an epic match against RBA in his last round in which he even had cramps during the last set, and that's the only reason why I had some doubts about him today. But it's obvious he has recovered well from that. He's a beast. I think we can say Rafa has found another player who can beat him on clay, even in Montecarlo.

Agree that Rublev is a beast. But I think Nadal was also not really at his best, and was making lots of uncharacteristic errors. I wouldnt be surprised if there's some form of a repeat of last year, when Nadal lost to Schwartzman in Rome and then destroyed him at the French Open. If this loss raises the price for Nadal to win Roland Garros over 3.0, I'm taking it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, martsman said:

Agree that Rublev is a beast. But I think Nadal was also not really at his best, and was making lots of uncharacteristic errors. I wouldnt be surprised if there's some form of a repeat of last year, when Nadal lost to Schwartzman in Rome and then destroyed him at the French Open. If this loss raises the price for Nadal to win Roland Garros over 3.0, I'm taking it.

Nadal at 3.00? That's impossible. If he has bad results in his next tournaments (Barcelona, Madrid and Rome) his price will raise but I can't imagine it raising that way. Only if we see him in a really bad shape or having physical problems but I don't think thats gonna happen. I expect him to win at least one of those 3 tournaments. It's true that Nadal won the last edition easily after losing early in Rome against Schwartzman but the draw he had was a joke. He only beat Schwartzman and Djokovic. Besides, Schwartzman played a 5 set match (vs Thiem) before playing Nadal and Djokovic also played a 5 set match (vs Tsitsipas) before playing Nadal. As you can see, he was tremendously lucky not only with draw but also with how the tournament developed. We still have to see Thiem on clay. He finally won't play in Belgrado and his return is expected to be in Madrid. I would say that there are 3 or 4 players who can beat Nadal if he hasn't show his best version. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nes* said:

YO :) evans can do something against greek? 💪

I guess Evans will be all the time slicing with his backhand and that can make Tsitsipas feel uncomfortable. The problem for Evans is that his serve is really poor and that means that he can't explode Tsitsipas biggest weakness which is his return of serve. They played on clay recently (September 2020) and Evans only won 4 games in the whole match. I think Tsitsipas will win but the odds are exaggerated. In terms of betting I will stay away from this match but If I was forced to bet I think I would bet on Evans with a handicap. Evans record on clay is awful but his game tactics are working here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that both underdogs have too big odds today, but only slightly so. Evans is on a run, that's always dangerous and I'd never feel comfortable backing Tsitsipas at 1.15 really. Rublev against Ruud can go all the way down to the wire and who's going to have more left in the tank? There's no doubt that Rublev is classier, but he also has two long matches in his legs and against opposition that he had to be at his best against. This is a dangerous spot for him imo. If I had to bet, I'd bet on Ruud either outright or to win a set.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

I think that both underdogs have too big odds today, but only slightly so. Evans is on a run, that's always dangerous and I'd never feel comfortable backing Tsitsipas at 1.15 really. Rublev against Ruud can go all the way down to the wire and who's going to have more left in the tank? There's no doubt that Rublev is classier, but he also has two long matches in his legs and against opposition that he had to be at his best against. This is a dangerous spot for him imo. If I had to bet, I'd bet on Ruud either outright or to win a set.

These are typical no bets for anyone. You find that you will always end up picking the wrong one 90% of the time. That is just the way this game is especially if the pick is for betting purposes. Regardless of the h2h score at 4-0 Rublev. Ruud is the play here or no bet. I would not suggest win, I think the route should be alternative handicaps. I will go Ruud @+4.5 4/7. Boy tennis is such an organized mess these days. Nothing is easy with the bookies constantly in vulturic mode.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Well, Rublev has done way more that Tsitsipas to get to the finals and that's why he deserves to be the favourite. It's hard to gauge where Tsitsipas is at. If I'd have to bet, it would be Rublev.

Yes, but Rublev has played many grueling 3 set matches and I'm wondering if this has finally taken a toll on him. Also, Tsitsipas is more versatile as a player and clay has always been his favorite surface. These things kind of neutralize the match for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...