** February Poker League Result : 1st andybell666, 2nd rosco, 3rd Like2Fish **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st mickyftm32, 2nd Tiffy, 3rd Cauncie, 4th Alley Cat Glover, 5th Larkin22 **
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Tennis Tips - April 12 - April 18

After this match It's hard to believe that Rublev can do something against Nadal... He even had cramps during the third set. RBA has done a good favour for Nadal. I wonder what he drinks during matches cause this has been impressive. What an athlete. I was eager to see the Nadal-Rublev match since I saw the draw but now this won't be the same... Rublev will play at a disadvantage

2 hours ago, Bettingboots said:

12 times Monte Carlo champion Nadal doesn't need any help or favours, trust me ?

Thanks for reminding me how many titles Nadal has won here but I still had on mind how he was destroyed by Fognini in the last edition of this tournament. Nadal is not in her best, so don't talk of him like he's a god, especially after losing against Tsitsipas in the AO after leading the match 2-0. I have no doubts that Nadal would have needed his best version to beat this 2021 Rublev version. Needed or not (favour) I'm sure Nadal will be happy to see that Rublev played a long match yesterday. And he also will be happy to see that Djokovic is out of the tournament. And I'm also sure that he will be happy if Ruud beats Fognini today. 

Livebet: Dan Evans/David Goffin over 2.5 set at 2.04 with Unibet

This looks likely with Evans up a break in first set. Considering the low number of 3 set matches this affair looks more likely to go the distance than it normally would. Probability bet again with some logic behind.

Three doublefaults by Rafa in the same game and it puts Andrey up 3-2. Wth Rafa?

Edit: There's something wrong with Rafa. He is never this sluggish as today on clay. It's like he doesn't want to be there in Monte Carlo.

Edit 2: Rafa down doublebreaks 5-2 first set and he really doesn't look good. I'm dissapointed with what I see from Rafa. Rublev isn't doing anything special.

Edited by four-leaf

5 hours ago, darko08 said:

Thanks for reminding me how many titles Nadal has won here but I still had on mind how he was destroyed by Fognini in the last edition of this tournament. Nadal is not in her best, so don't talk of him like he's a god, especially after losing against Tsitsipas in the AO after leading the match 2-0. I have no doubts that Nadal would have needed his best version to beat this 2021 Rublev version. Needed or not (favour) I'm sure Nadal will be happy to see that Rublev played a long match yesterday. And he also will be happy to see that Djokovic is out of the tournament. And I'm also sure that he will be happy if Ruud beats Fognini today. 

This made me feel very unsecure with Rafa..

11 minutes ago, martsman said:

Rafa's level has improved in the second set but Rublev just looks better than him today. Rublev doing especially well on the big points, which is a surprise.

What made me happy to see was a passing shot by Rafa when Rublev smashed the ball for an easy winner but Rafa was there to pick it up and hit an unlikely wicked forehand which Rublev didn't stand a chance on. The best in this point was that it came at 40-AD Nadal and from there Rafa just picked up more speed to clinch the set.

6 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

What made me happy to see was a passing shot by Rafa when Rublev smashed the ball for an easy winner but Rafa was there to pick it up and hit an unlikely wicked forehand which Rublev didn't stand a chance on. The best in this point was that it came at 40-AD Nadal and from there Rafa just picked up more speed to clinch the set.

yes, this happened literally a second after I posted. i think Rublev still has a chance though. he's right there.

Tremendous beating. I'm really happy to have seen it. I have nothing against Nadal but I don't like how he's treated by the media. Before the match started I heard some sports journalists making fun about how many games would be able to win Rublev. They were saying that no more than 7-8... Lol. And I wonder...how many Rublev matches have seen these guys this year...?  He has destroyed Nadal after playing an epic match against RBA in his last round in which he even had cramps during the last set, and that's the only reason why I had some doubts about him today. But it's obvious he has recovered well from that. He's a beast. I think we can say Rafa has found another player who can beat him on clay, even in Montecarlo.