** February Poker League Result : 1st andybell666, 2nd rosco, 3rd Like2Fish **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st mickyftm32, 2nd Tiffy, 3rd Cauncie, 4th Alley Cat Glover, 5th Larkin22 **
Attention, PL Members! To reinforce security on the forum, we have updated our login process. Please note that you will now need to use your email address to sign in, rather than your forum username. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Tennis Tips - April 12 - April 18

29 minutes ago, Bettingboots said:

Did anyone see Evans v Hurkacz match ?  Hurkacz was the one that blew my 6fold yesterday and I'm just wondering how he managed to lose to Evans so easily. Evans hasn't played much and supposedly doesn't like clay either. 

saw Evans vs Lajovic and Hurkacz vs Fabbiano. Evans played quite well there, defending with slice backhand super effectively and coming to the net finish points. I saw Hurkacz struggle with Fabbiano. He was not playing particularly well and I don't think he's great on clay anyway. Decided to keep away from Evans-Hurkacz cause couldnt tell how it would go.

3 minutes ago, martsman said:

saw Evans vs Lajovic and Hurkacz vs Fabbiano. Evans played quite well there, defending with slice backhand super effectively and coming to the net finish points. I saw Hurkacz struggle with Fabbiano. He was not playing particularly well and I don't think he's great on clay anyway. Decided to keep away from Evans-Hurkacz cause couldnt tell how it would go.

As well as Evans has been playing, think he gets slaughtered today at the hands of Djokovic

2 hours ago, martsman said:

As well as Evans has been playing, think he gets slaughtered today at the hands of Djokovic

Haha this did not age well. Evans played decently, but Djokovic was so off. That too only a day after putting on a masterclass against Sinner. Don't understand this at all.

Regardless of the odds, what do you think guys is a better bet?

Carreno-Busta to beat Ruud or

Rublev to beat Bautista-Agut ?

I fancy a lot Carreno-Busta. This guy does not excel in any particular part of the game but he is so good in rallies, once the ball is in the game, that very few players can keep pace in his good days. And he seems to be in his good days. This is my "soul" pick.

On the other side, my "rational" pick is Rublev who is fresher than Bautista-Agut, enjoys clay and took over on their only one clay clash.

P.S. Anyone, who watched Ruud. Was he so good against Schwartzman or the argentinian was not good?

Edited by vvararu

6 minutes ago, vvararu said:

Regardless of the odds, what do you think guys is a better bet?

Carreno-Busta to beat Ruud or

Rublev to beat Bautista-Agut ?

I fancy a lot Carreno-Busta. This guy does not excel in any particular part of the game but he is so good in rallies, once the ball is in the game, that very few players can keep pace in his good days. And he seems to be in his good days. This is my "soul" pick.

On the other side, my "rational" pick is Rublev who is fresher than Bautista-Agut, enjoys clay and took over on their only one clay clash.

I think both of them will win(Busta and Rublev). Saw yestarday agut and didn't convinced me at all. 

Also i've been lucky because i took Nole u12,5 games- 1.50 odd.

Edited by Stanimal

1 hour ago, CzechPunter said:

What a sight to see Evans beating Djokovic on clay!

needless to say novak focus is only on winning the french open and it wouldn't surprise me if he retires before federer and nadal if he wins that. it is an uphill task to win that crown from master of clay rafael nadal. nadal thrashed dimitrov 6-1, 6-1 and he is going to win this title quite easily. I dont like seeing that hot headed medvedev at number 2 spot. so wish nadal takes that spot again.

Livebet Andrey Rublev - RBA over 2.5 sets at 2.02 with Unibet

Somewhere today in the last two matches in Monte Carlo there will be at least one 3 set match if not both will be because the probability is high now that it happens since no match has gone over 2.5 sets today so I've cashed out my bet on Andrey Rublev to win 2-0 and gone all in at over 2.5 sets in that match. Unfortunately I didn't cash out before RBA was up 3-0 so this bet is more or less some more money back for me if it hits.

51 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Livebet Andrey Rublev - RBA over 2.5 sets at 2.02 with Unibet

Somewhere today in the last two matches in Monte Carlo there will be at least one 3 set match if not both will be because the probability is high now that it happens since no match has gone over 2.5 sets today so I've cashed out my bet on Andrey Rublev to win 2-0 and gone all in at over 2.5 sets in that match. Unfortunately I didn't cash out before RBA was up 3-0 so this bet is more or less some more money back for me if it hits.

After all the energy Bautista has spent in the first set and the fact that he has lost it after leading 4-1 I think a miracle is needed to see RBA winning the second set. That being said, I have seen stranger things in this sport so lets see.

6 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

There's always a factor of probability and if a whole day in such a big tournament like Monte Carlo and not even one 3 set affair? Come on, it has to be probable that we will see at least one or two of these last two matches going the distance.

It's hard to find the logic behind that argument

2 minutes ago, vvararu said:

:) No logic but you got both matches to go to third set. 

Hala Rublev! Hala Carreno-Busta! 

Sometimes using logic is not bad when youre betting. If you do in long term you will get more chances of getting benefits in sports betting