Jump to content
Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Recommended Posts

Gauff vs. Sevastova - Total Breaks of Serve Over 7.5 at 1,80 on Bet365

Ok so, they've met once before, at least years US Open. 12 breaks of serve across 3 sets. Neither are exactly famed for their amazing serving. Plus Gauff matches of late seem to be ridiculously long affairs, with lots of drama. 

Sevastova has been playing reasonably well of late, or has played well in the three matches I've seen of her in 2021; beating Pera in Dubai and Garcia in Adelaide, and losing to Teichmann in a tight match (also Adelaide).

I can just envision another 3 setter, with both women struggling to hold serve. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bianca Andreescu (-1.5 sets)t to beat Tereza Martincova at 2.06 with Pinnacle

Mackenzie McDonald do beat John Isner at 1.80 with Pinnacle

Felix Auger Aliassime (-2.5) to beat Pierre-Hugues Herbert at 1.83 with Boylesports

I like these three for today. Andreescu should be way too strong for Martincova, who tends to fold against big names despite her decent skills. Isner and Herbert haven't impressed me lately, meanwhile. The courts are also by no means fast and Herbert looked very average against Sousa, the scoreline didn't tell the entire story there. He was struggling with his serve throws a bit and he would've lost to most other players in that round of play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AgaRadwanska said:

Gauff vs. Sevastova - Total Breaks of Serve Over 7.5 at 1,80 on Bet365

Ok so, they've met once before, at least years US Open. 12 breaks of serve across 3 sets. Neither are exactly famed for their amazing serving. Plus Gauff matches of late seem to be ridiculously long affairs, with lots of drama. 

Sevastova has been playing reasonably well of late, or has played well in the three matches I've seen of her in 2021; beating Pera in Dubai and Garcia in Adelaide, and losing to Teichmann in a tight match (also Adelaide).

I can just envision another 3 setter, with both women struggling to hold serve. 

I watched the first set, with Gauff winning 6-1 - and Seva all over the place, so the bet looked dicey to say the least.

Woke up to Seva somehow winning comfortably and 9 breaks of serve. 🔥

Link to post
Share on other sites

trying Harris to beat Augusta @3 , Harris had a pretty good run lately beating good players, has a rather strong serve, so @3 i feel is more than decent

 

Ymer @2.4 to beat Basilshvili , prior to his very good run in Doha he was very poor and a (big) dog in all his matches , if it was 2 weeks ago Ymer would probably have been a small fav, so i am taking the risk here, may be Doha was just some kind of lucky streak so for me 2.4 is good enough

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Sanders is way too fresh to be paraded at 9/2 against Pegula who should really be cooling off now after the amount of tennis already played. The WTA is so vast with talents now that most of the middle - top tier players focus on what part of the year to play well. So it is now not about who is better  (maybe to an extent yes) or who is the higher seed, It is more about who is most likely to play well at the current tournament looking back at their season. While Sanders may or may not win, the handicap is way off here @ +5.5 handicap 11/10? I  will certainly have some of that. Other players to watch who are in the groove are Stojanovic/Kalinskaya who should be very competitive.  They should both be listed as win/to win a set materials. Good luck all!

Edited by liquidglass
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Bianca Andreescu (-1.5 sets)t to beat Tereza Martincova at 2.06 with Pinnacle

Mackenzie McDonald do beat John Isner at 1.80 with Pinnacle

Felix Auger Aliassime (-2.5) to beat Pierre-Hugues Herbert at 1.83 with Boylesports

I like these three for today. Andreescu should be way too strong for Martincova, who tends to fold against big names despite her decent skills. Isner and Herbert haven't impressed me lately, meanwhile. The courts are also by no means fast and Herbert looked very average against Sousa, the scoreline didn't tell the entire story there. He was struggling with his serve throws a bit and he would've lost to most other players in that round of play.

Gonna do a parlay of these three...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all, 

Just saw that Bublik is considered a favourite vs. Djere and jyst not to sure  why... In some books he probably could be a favorite, but I prefer to play on L. Djere as a more versatile player, which should win this match-up... :)

At least Ihope for that...  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Miomir Kecmanovic to beat Adrian Mannarino at 1.83 with Pinnacle

Marton Fucsovics to beat Thanasi Kokkinakis at 1.70 with Pinnacle

Belinda Bencic to beat Marketa Vondrousova at 1.76 with Pinnacle

Like these three for today, Kecmanovic looked decent in the previous weeks, while Mannarino was struggling with an injury. Kecmanovic will want to get his revenge for the previous loss as well and has already played a match in Miami, which is a plus. Also like Fucsovics, who's been beating weaker players with ease so far in this season. Kokkinakis can be up and down these days, saw a bit of him in the qualifiers and wasn't too impressed. Finally, I also like Bencic to beat Vondrousova, who I still don't trust for various reasons. Bencic also had the more impressive first round performance.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tsitsipas vs Dzumhur

Tsitsipas is one of the subjects of enquiry in this tournament as I continue to look for matches where players have just been priced on ranking and reputation alone. Tsitsipas in my opinion has played way too many matches compared to a fresh Dzumhur who looks eager and ready to swing. Also Tsitsipas has not been known to manage energy levels very well during matches ending up most times playing three sets when he should have played two, or suddenly losing court positioning during long rallies from playing too many flamboyant shots as opposed to sensible. I just cannot see him give Dzumhur a +5.5 start especially when you consider that he is 1-3 in the head to head department. Again, I will have some of that, thank you. Dzumhur +5.5 is the sensible bet here. H2H should still have a loud voice in this one. Good luck all!!!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fratangello @2.4 , has anyone seen him play?

even though his opponent were low level he is on a positive run and has three 2-0 wins in Miami, on the other hand Sonego hasn't played in Miami yet

 

Cilic @1.81 , he won his first match in Miami, Garin is mostly a clay player and hasn't played in Miami yet so it's worth a try even though Cilic is of course not as good as a few years ago

 

also agree with Czechpunter on Kecmanovic taking revenge on Manarino

Edited by 888888
Link to post
Share on other sites

You should not bet on Cilic, he will drive you crazy and you will end up in a mental hospital. I saw him against Coria and the way he played the second set has no explanation. He played that set like he didn't care at all. I remember that while I was watching that I wondered, has he lost the desire to play tennis? It was obvious the difference between them was huge but there's something wrong with him and he's not trustable at all until he fix that. Fratangelo looks good. I saw him against Verdasco. Verdasco played his first match since October but as you said, Fratangelo is playing good. I don't know if it is enough to win but I don't expect him to give up without a good fight.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, darko08 said:

You should not bet on Cilic, he will drive you crazy and you will end up in a mental hospital. I saw him against Coria and the way he played the second set has no explanation. He played that set like he didn't care at all. I remember that while I was watching that I wondered, has he lost the desire to play tennis? It was obvious the difference between them was huge but there's something wrong with him and he's not trustable at all until he fix that. Fratangelo looks good. I saw him against Verdasco. Verdasco played his first match since October but as you said, Fratangelo is playing good. I don't know if it is enough to win but I don't expect him to give up without a good fight.

second that. Cilic took three sets to beat Coria in the last round. And Garin is a much better player than Coria on both clay and hard. I'll be on Garin for this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kontaveit to beat Mertens at 2.59 with Pinnacle

I like Kontaveit odds for this match. The conditions here are really good for her. In the last edition of this tournament she reached the SFs. She has been playing well recently. In Doha she destroyed Brady (6-1, 6-2) and Kerber (6-1, 6-4), and lost in the QFs in a 3 set match against the winner of the tournament, Kvitova. In Dubai she won against Babos (6-2, 6-1) and Cirstea (6-4, 7-5), and lost against Sabalenka in 2 sets. In her first match here she has won against Cirstea in a 3 set match. Mertens' record this year is impressive (12-2) but IMO it doesn't reflect the realilty of her current form. In Dubai she struggled a lot against Tomova and she was destroyed by Pegula until the american player collapsed. Her match against Muchova in the AO was also really disappointing. I also remember her struggling a lot against Lin Zhu in her second match of the AO in which the first set was decided by a heartbreaking TB that Mertens could have lost. As I said, the conditions here are really good for Kontaveit and I also like the fact that Mertens has never won more than 1 match in any of the 3 times she has played here (2019,2018 and 2017).

Edited by darko08
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, i2ickytang said:

i went big on garin...i feel more confident now after reading everyone's feedback on that match...

mate, I just said Cilic is not trustable. Garin comes from playing the south american clay season. He won in Chile but he had really easy opponents and this will be his first match on hard.. IMO this is a no bet match!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rybakina (-2,5 Games) to beat Sorribes at 1.73 with William Hill

I add this one. Rybakina is starting to play slightly better after some disappointing performances in Australia. In Dubai she already played a pretty decent match against Jabeur after destroying Saisai and now she has beat a really dangerous opponent in her first match here (Kanepi, 6-4, 6-0). Sorribes has beat Pera (6-2, 2-6, 7-5) and Brady (3-6, 6-4, 6-1). I'm not impressed by that win over Brady cause Brady has played horrible since her match against Osaka. She was destroyed in her last match against Kontaveit in Doha (6-1, 6-2) and she played horrible against Sorribes. She did a lot of errors and her numbers on serve were extremely poor. She even had to receive treatment for cramps during the third set. I haven't seen the match but I'm impressed to see that Pera lost against Sorribes when she was leading the third set 5-1. She even wasted some MPs. I don't know how was that but when a player wastes a 5-1 against a player like Sorribes is cause she did something wrong (anyone can tell me how was that?). I also like the fact that Rybakina will be more fresh cause Sorribes has spent 5 hours on court in her 2 matches here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Bianca Andreescu to beat Amanda Anisimova at 1.80 with William Hill

Andreescu needed the match against Martincova to get into match shape and she did that well. Some adrenaline, but she brought the 2-0 bet in for me, which I was glad for. Now, I think she'll be able to make the next step and beat the talented Anisimova as well. Anisimova is decent, but she's less stable than Andreescu on the whole. Slight value on Andreescu for me in this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I also really like Sinner (vs Kachanov). I don't know which are the current odds but Sinner has really impressed me lately while Kachanov has been tremendously pathetic in his last tournaments (Marseille and Dubai).

1.57 at bet365, not bad all. I think is value.

Edited by darko08
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darko08 said:

Rybakina (-2,5 Games) to beat Sorribes at 1.73 with William Hill

I add this one. Rybakina is starting to play slightly better after some disappointing performances in Australia. In Dubai she already played a pretty decent match against Jabeur after destroying Saisai and now she has beat a really dangerous opponent in her first match here (Kanepi, 6-4, 6-0). Sorribes has beat Pera (6-2, 2-6, 7-5) and Brady (3-6, 6-4, 6-1). I'm not impressed by that win over Brady cause Brady has played horrible since her match against Osaka. She was destroyed in her last match against Kontaveit in Doha (6-1, 6-2) and she played horrible against Sorribes. She did a lot of errors and her numbers on serve were extremely poor. She even had to receive treatment for cramps during the third set. I haven't seen the match but I'm impressed to see that Pera lost against Sorribes when she was leading the third set 5-1. She even wasted some MPs. I don't know how was that but when a player wastes a 5-1 against a player like Sorribes is cause she did something wrong (anyone can tell me how was that?). I also like the fact that Rybakina will be more fresh cause Sorribes has spent 5 hours on court in her 2 matches here.

I guess right thinking would suggest Rybakina on the basis that Sorribes Tormo should finally be running out of steam having played all those matches. Rybakina herself has questionable form and it remains to be seen whether her victory over Kanepi was as good as the score suggested. I think Kanepi imploded from too many matches played as opposed to the thrashing. -2.5 will be deemed a sensible pick if Sorribes Turbo does not turn up. I strongly believe that Sorribes will ram up the turbo and really make this one messy for Rybakina even if she is to end up winning. I have been pondering over the clash of styles all day, Tormo hitting up and Rybakina hitting  flat and hard....and missing a few too. I would want to think that Sorribes has already beaten a mixture of players that would already cater for this type of player in Rybakina. Its so very close. Sorribes Turbo for me here!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, darko08 said:

Well, I also really like Sinner (vs Kachanov). I don't know which are the current odds but Sinner has really impressed me lately while Kachanov has been tremendously pathetic in his last tournaments (Marseille and Dubai).

1.57 at bet365, not bad all. I think is value.

With all due respect but Sinner is just a boy - physically more than mentally. He is also an excellent tennis tennis player - don`t get me wrong. You`re right - Khachanov has been out of form this season, but I believe now is the right time to turn that around. I think there is some value on him ( 2,35 at my local)and I`m eager to take that. Low stakes though. Good luck with your bet !

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ivanhoe said:

With all due respect but Sinner is just a boy - physically more than mentally. He is also an excellent tennis tennis player - don`t get me wrong. You`re right - Khachanov has been out of form this season, but I believe now is the right time to turn that around. I think there is some value on him ( 2,35 at my local)and I`m eager to take that. Low stakes though. Good luck with your bet !

Dont worry! I don't think age matters. Sinner has been playing really good this year. He won the Great Ocean Road Open and he already beat Kachanov there (I know it was close but Kachanov tends to choke when games are tight). He lost in the first round of the AO against Shapovalov (in 5 sets) due to all the hours he spent on court on that tournament (that match was played just 1 day after he played the Final). Then he lost against Bedene in 3 sets cause he got an inury on his back and he could not play in Rotterdam due to those back problems. After that he beat Barrere and Gaston in Marseille and lost against one of the most in form players right now, Medvedev. In Dubai he beat 2 really good players (Bublik and RBA) and lost against another of the most in form players right now, Karatsev. Now he has destroyed Gaston in her first match here. As I said, Kachanov has disappointed me a lot in his last 2 tournaments. He lost against Chardy and Ebden after winning the first set in both matches. He has been doing a lot of errors and now he will play against a very solid player so that's why I think Sinner will win.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...