** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 8th March

10 hours ago, ipswich45 said:

just seen a tweet from Richard Hoiles presumably hes calling Wetherby 

he THINKS a horse in the 1445 Wetherby called Pure Country is the first out of Frankel to run in a chase event

currently 4/1 (3rd fav) on Bet365

Haha, I never seem to be more amazed and confused about what goes on in racing these days.  Frankel, of course was famous for speed.  Not so sure that I would bet on Pure Country running in a 2 miles NHF race let alone a chase event.  It will be interesting to see how it gets on though

All prices Bet365:

12.30 Southwell - 1pt e/w Overawed @ 8/1

2.10 Wetherby - 1pt e/w Fete Champetre @ 12/1

2.35 Southwell - 1pt e/w Enemenemynemo @ 12/1 - this one looks really interesting on rules debut after a long break. Turned out its form in points was pretty good (2nd to the smart Castle Robin when last seen) and this trip should suit so the fact it's being backed looks significant

2.45 Wetherby - 2pts win Rollerruler @ 11/2

3.40 Southwell - 1pt e/w Givepeaceachance @ 9/1

4.50 Wetherby - 1pt win Bene Regina @ 7/1

Only looked at graded races so far.   All a bit disappointing.

2.10 Weth Barrichello looks to be the best horse in the race.  2 miles should suit but drying ground a worry.  Up For Parol  almost same price of 5/4. 2 miles should suit this one too.  I'm not wonderfully happy about stink £8 on Barrichello with its seconditis profile

3.15 Weth Hunnymoon Bets price is 4/6 so I'll give that one a miss

4.20 Weth Four live contenders.  I have had £1 to win on Chti Balco at 14/1 Top rated RPR and Timeform

2.00 Sou Rockstar Ronnie 1/4 so I'll leave that one

2.35 Sou Drakes Well Trying to get £2.50 matched at 5.5, um at 4.6 = £11.03 profit if matched and wins

5.10 Wolv Rosie Powers 5/4 Archie Watson/Hollie Doyle.  Unraced so I won't back this one

6.40 Wolv Dubai Paradise £2 win at 6.8 = £11.37 profit if it wins. Drifted to 8.6 now.  Beat Jeans Maite at Wolves before and has 5lbs less to carry.  Can't see Jeans Maite winning on Tapeta as opposed to Fibresand

7.10 Wolv Unforgiving Minute.  I can't see this one being any value even at a best price of 13/8.  It has 4 live contenders and runs better on Polytrack

Total poss stakes so far = £5.50

3 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Only looked at graded races so far.   All a bit disappointing.

2.10 Weth Barrichello looks to be the best horse in the race.  2 miles should suit but drying ground a worry.  Up For Parol  almost same price of 5/4. 2 miles should suit this one too.  I'm not wonderfully happy about stink £8 on Barrichello with its seconditis profile

3.15 Weth Hunnymoon Bets price is 4/6 so I'll give that one a miss

4.20 Weth Four live contenders.  I have had £1 to win on Chti Balco at 14/1 Top rated RPR and Timeform

2.00 Sou Rockstar Ronnie 1/4 so I'll leave that one

2.35 Sou Drakes Well Trying to get £2.50 matched at 5.5, um at 4.6 = £11.03 profit if matched and wins

5.10 Wolv Rosie Powers 5/4 Archie Watson/Hollie Doyle.  Unraced so I won't back this one

6.40 Wolv Dubai Paradise £2 win at 6.8 = £11.37 profit if it wins. Drifted to 8.6 now.  Beat Jeans Maite at Wolves before and has 5lbs less to carry.  Can't see Jeans Maite winning on Tapeta as opposed to Fibresand

7.10 Wolv Unforgiving Minute.  I can't see this one being any value even at a best price of 13/8.  It has 4 live contenders and runs better on Polytrack

Total poss stakes so far = £5.50

Have put £2 to win on Opine at 6.8 3.40 Sou = £11.37 profit if it wins.  The Skelton horse is all the rage but I'll stick with the top rated horse

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Have put £2 to win on Opine at 6.8 3.40 Sou = £11.37 profit if it wins.  The Skelton horse is all the rage but I'll stick with the top rated horse

RESULTS UPDATE

Complete blank day for me today 4 bets and no winners.  Total lost = £7.50.  My new balance is £593.11 (Bank £500)

Not much doing tomorrow in the graded races; favourite prices are mostly very short and where there is some leeway their are doubts about the selections.  Will take a look but not hopeful.  May have to look at some handicap races.