** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Sunday 7th March

• cannotbebeat changed the title to Racing Chat - Sunday 7th March

I don't feel like piling in on short priced favourites in the graded races today.

2.00 Hunt Marada £8 win at 2.30 (um 2.26) = poss £10.19 net profit if it wins, looks the best of the odds against favourites in the graded races so I'll just take the one chance today

3.35 Hunt Not sure if all the market interest in Bay Of Intrigue will pay off or if Onefortheroad will win (has to be feared); however, I have gone for a few against the first two in the market. I have had £2 to win on Azzuri at 13.5 (let's see if the Skelton's can work some magic). Trying to get £2.50 matched at 6.8 on Tonyx, currently 6.2 and I have had  £1 win on Great Hall at 12/1 with Bet365.

Poss stakes £13.50

Good luck to all punting today, it looks tough

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

I don't feel like piling in on short priced favourites in the graded races today.

2.00 Hunt Marada £8 win at 2.30 (um 2.26) = poss £10.19 net profit if it wins, looks the best of the odds against favourites in the graded races so I'll just take the one chance today

3.35 Hunt Not sure if all the market interest in Bay Of Intrigue will pay off or if Onefortheroad will win (has to be feared); however, I have gone for a few against the first two in the market. I have had £2 to win on Azzuri at 13.5 (let's see if the Skelton's can work some magic). Trying to get £2.50 matched at 6.8 on Tonyx, currently 6.2 and I have had  £1 win on Great Hall at 12/1 with Bet365.

Poss stakes £13.50

Good luck to all punting today, it looks tough

I have cancelled my bet on Tonyx at 6.8; it has been smashed in to 5.1 from 6.2.  the logic here is that if it now drifts to 6.8 before the race it will run a stinker.  I got caught like this yesterday with Silent Revolution. We have to learn from our experiences don't we?

Looks like you can do well on the jumps.

46 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:

Silva won 

First time I have looked at AW this season and the results have been fantastic, 77% return. I have made a loss with my traditional betting on the jumps but this has been offset by the profits on AW. I'm not sure if this is beginners luck or whether it is genuinely easier to make money on the AW.

4 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

First time I have looked at AW this season and the results have been fantastic, 77% return. I have made a loss with my traditional betting on the jumps but this has been offset by the profits on AW. I'm not sure if this is beginners luck or whether it is genuinely easier to make money on the AW.

All weather and Flats is usually where my money is at, I'm hitting big winners on jumps but have 5 or 6 losing races between most the time.

16 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

You probably have an edge maybe watching video like me or what not 

8 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I have cancelled my bet on Tonyx at 6.8; it has been smashed in to 5.1 from 6.2.  the logic here is that if it now drifts to 6.8 before the race it will run a stinker.  I got caught like this yesterday with Silent Revolution. We have to learn from our experiences don't we?

RESULTS UPDATE

At least my main bet won today and and that helps to repair some of the damage from yesterday.  My winner was the only Harry and Dan Skelton combination to win at Huntingdon.  Just to remind me that blindly following a trainer in form is hazardous. Three of Dan Skelton's odds on shots got beat!  My new Balance is £600.61 (Bank £500) after recording a net profit of £7.19

Quite a few graded races to look at tomorrow