** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

'SIR PUNTALOT' KO CUP (QUALIFYING ROUND) PLAY OFF - Deadline Sun 2pm

Oh dear ...... pretty poor performance from the lads !

replay selections ....

Sedge 2.20 - Pobbles Bay - win at 7/1
Sedge 3.25 - Instant Replay win at 11/2
Sedge 3.55 - Voodoo Doll - win at 13/2

res 

Hunt 3.35 Tonyx - win at 4/1
Hunt 4.05 - Quest For Life - win at 7/2

prices bet365

Good luck everyone ............ ?

11 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Only 7 players managed to find any winners so that leaves 1 place up for grabs.

There will therefore be a play-off on Sunday 7th March for the remaining 18 qualifiers.

Can I come in, I did win last month ?

4 hours ago, Drac said:

My God this is getting harder each day - I have never had a spell of losers like I have since I have joined this forum - I blame you lot.......well it can't be my fault.

Not sure how you picked One Forty Seven but it did run well for a long way today.  I was lucky enough to pick the right Skelton horse to back today.  They had three others that started odds on favourites that got beat.  I don't know if this helps but in relation to short priced favourites in graded races I find that it is best to consider a number of them from all the races on the day and then pick just the one on balance that appears to have the best chance of winning.  Very often, you will find that if you backed them all you will end up losing on the day.  I must admit that I got carried away yesterday when entering the KO cup and backed three but in essence I should have only backed Kildimo as I thought this to be my best bet of the day.  Less can quite often be more in my opinion. I hope this helps.

8 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Not sure how you picked One Forty Seven but it did run well for a long way today.  I was lucky enough to pick the right Skelton horse to back today.  They had three others that started odds on favourites that got beat.  I don't know if this helps but in relation to short priced favourites in graded races I find that it is best to consider a number of them from all the races on the day and then pick just the one on balance that appears to have the best chance of winning.  Very often, you will find that if you backed them all you will end up losing on the day.  I must admit that I got carried away yesterday when entering the KO cup and backed three but in essence I should have only backed Kildimo as I thought this to be my best bet of the day.  Less can quite often be more in my opinion. I hope this helps.

Being a great follower of stats (for well over 40 years) the interruption in the past year due to Covid has a lot to do with my bad run IMO. With stats I look at every horse in races with 8 or more runners and gradually weed the field and see what is left. It is not everyone's ideal way of selection but I find it 'fun' and it keeps this 75yo brain ticking over. One Forty Seven I noticed has had good runs every second race this season and the Unseated run he was in a good position at the time and, if I remember correctly, was unseated by a faller. There were other reasons that he 'qualified' in my eyes. Had won over this trip at Stratford and also Southwell but his OR of 125 was a little high. You have to take a chance if 'you' feel it has a chance, and I did.