** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Is there value in each way betting

Im finding it difficult to calculate if there is really value betting eachway, based on that some of the returns the horse won instead of 2nd or 3rd,

i could just double my stake on the win part and not place any money on the each way part.

iv added a picture to explain better, that the place part shows a loss unless the horse won.

1.png

There can be value but it depends on a number of factors.

These include 

Places available

Number of runners

The spread of the odds, races where there is an odds on favourite could provide a good each way bet, especially where there are a lot of big priced outsiders.

So in your example if it was a 5 horse race and the favourite was 1/5, your selection was 10/1 and the remaining 3 horses were 33/1 then an each way bet would be a good bet.

47 minutes ago, pokerplayer28 said:

Im finding it difficult to calculate if there is really value betting eachway, based on that some of the returns the horse won instead of 2nd or 3rd,

i could just double my stake on the win part and not place any money on the each way part.

iv added a picture to explain better, that the place part shows a loss unless the horse won.

1.png

Yes 8 horse races where odds close the exchange price, however bookie sees u taking value and if u do only this I'm sure they will reduce Ur stakes or ban. Even shops don't like it can not accept.

Edited by Wildgarden

4 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:

Yes 8 horse races where odds close the exchange price, however bookie sees u taking value and if u do only this I'm sure they will reduce Ur stakes or ban. Even shops don't like it can not accept.

Yer alleady banned from all bookies, twice over ,

I have over 6000 bets on my spread sheet showing roi for eachway part of 23%

But if i take into account where horse got 2nd or 3rd and not 1st the roi is minus 7%

So im confused if there is value eachway.

13 minutes ago, pokerplayer28 said:

Yer alleady banned from all bookies, twice over ,

I have over 6000 bets on my spread sheet showing roi for eachway part of 23%

But if i take into account where horse got 2nd or 3rd and not 1st the roi is minus 7%

So im confused if there is value eachway.

How u Gona win if banned. Presume.u won too much or too many value bets.

Edited by Wildgarden

7 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

When does the premium charge kick in ?

Depends if u have a winning or losing account. Losing accoutn of £10k I'll prob pay at £20k winnings. Otherwise £5k. Info below courtesy of caan betting.

Once you meet the qualifying criteria below, you become eligible to pay Betfair premium charges:

Bet on more than 250 markets (lifetime of account)

Profitable account (lifetime of account)

Total charges equate to less than 20% of your profit (lifetime of account)

From this point you then have a Betfair Premium Charge ‘allowance’ which equates to £1,000 worth of premium charges. Until recently, this was displayed on your premium charge statement before you began to pay.

If you’re not sure about how much commission you’ve generated, markets bet on or how profitable your account is (lifetime) don’t worry, you’re not profitable yet…

So assuming you profited £1,000 this week, the premium charge (20%) would be £200 minus the commission you generated over the week (charged at 5% on wins). So if your generated commission was £40 you’d pay £160 making the figure up to £200.

The upper % levels kick in at £250,000 net profit. The same calculation applies, but with the additional rates.

At the bottom of your Premium Charge statement you will see the current state of your ‘allowance’ starting at £1,000. Counting down to 0 each week you qualify for a payment. From 0 onward, you pay every Wednesday at around lunchtime-ish.

Edited by Wildgarden

2 minutes ago, Wildgarden said:

Depends if u have a winning or losing account. Losing accoutn of £10k I'll prob pay at £20k winnings. Otherwise £5k. Info below courtesy of caan betting.

Once you meet the qualifying criteria below, you become eligible to pay Betfair premium charges:

Bet on more than 250 markets (lifetime of account)

Profitable account (lifetime of account)

Total charges equate to less than 20% of your profit (lifetime of account)

From this point you then have a Betfair Premium Charge ‘allowance’ which equates to £1,000 worth of premium charges. Until recently, this was displayed on your premium charge statement before you began to pay.

If you’re not sure about how much commission you’ve generated, markets bet on or how profitable your account is (lifetime) don’t worry, you’re not profitable yet…

So assuming you profited £1,000 this week, the premium charge (20%) would be £200 minus the commission you generated over the week (charged at 5% on wins). So if your generated commission was £40 you’d pay £160 making the figure up to £200.

The upper % levels kick in at £250,000 net profit. The same calculation applies, but with the additional rates.

At the bottom of your Premium Charge statement you will see the current state of your ‘allowance’ starting at £1,000. Counting down to 0 each week you qualify for a payment. From 0 onward, you pay every Wednesday at around lunchtime-ish.

My roi is so much it's worth doing Betfair even with charge, as I demonstrate on my picks here.

Edited by Wildgarden