** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Mar 6th & 7th

Sunderland vs Rochdale

The League 1 action is back this weekend and I've decided to opt for a game where I feel we have a chance at earning some easy money. Sunderland host Rochdale in a 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon at the Stadium of Light. These two teams are competing at opposite ends of the league table and with the bookies backing a comfortable home win is there any chance of a shock away team victory?

Sunderland have started life under new owner Kyril Louis-Dreyfus and it now looks like Lee Johnson is starting to see his influence have a positive impact on results. The Black Cats have only lost 1 of their last 10 league games and find themselves unbeaten in their last 5 league games including winning 4 of those games. The team is now in 4th place and hopes of invading the top two automatic promotion places are within touching distance again with the club just 5 points off the pace but possessing two league games in hand.

Rochdale could well be staring at a return to League Two this season. The Dale were a mid-table side last season but have struggled recently under manager Brian Barry-Murphy. The club are down in 23rd place and even though they're just 2 points adrift of safety they have only won 1 of their last 15 league games. A number of league games being postponed due to covid-19 outbreaks has certainly negatively impacted the team's campaign but these are problems that existed even before the disruptions. Failure to score in their last 5 league games meaning it's now over 500 minutes of league football without hitting the back of the opposition net.

I have a feeling that this game going to go only one way. I fear for Rochdale this season and it's a shame given how long it took them to reach this level. It's still fairly close down the bottom but their run of form is dreadful and I am slightly surprised that Barry-Murphy hasn't been relieved of his duties. Their impotency in front of goal is a huge issue and that's something I think Sunderland will take full advantage of with a business-like win.

Sunderland to Win to Nil @ 2.38 with Sporting Index

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.83 with Boylesports

Morecambe vs Carlisle

The League One preview of the week comes from the Mazuma Stadium where promotion-chasing Morecambe will host an out-of-form Carlisle in a 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday. Both of these sides were looking at a promotion push earlier in this campaign but now the away team can't appear to buy a win after a period of postponed matches. Will this be the game where that changes?

Morecambe find themselves in an encouraging position right now in 5th place and just 2 points off the pace of the top three automatic promotion places. Derek Adams has got his team playing well having won 3 of their last 4 league games. As teams around them have dropped points, the Shrimps have managed to keep their points tally ticking over to ensure they remain in the mix. It's only 3 defeats in their 15 home league games this season so continuing to make their home ground a fortress will be key in pushing for the top three in these final stages of the season.

Carlisle had been leading the way only a matter of months ago in this division. Head coach Chris Beech saw his team have 6 league games postponed in a row during January and that has definitely had a massive negative influence on their season. The Cumbrians are now without a win in 6 league games and have seen another 3 league matches postponed since their last league victory. The club is now down in 12th place and 6 points off the pace of the play-offs. Even though they have 3-4 league matches in hand over teams around them they still need to get the points on the board and that's simply not happening at the moment.

I'm not sure anyone with any sense can find the logic or confidence to back Carlisle to win at the moment. Morecambe have been a solid bet at home this season and when they're up against a club that is as demoralised as their opponents for this game then it makes total sense to back the home side getting something from this game. Particularly when the price is available at this value.

Morecambe Draw No Bet @ 2.00 with Betfred

BTTS @ 1.87 with RedZone