** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Mar 2nd & 3rd

champratings.jpg

The standard midweek Championship matches are heading our way once again and the fun doesn't stop in the second tier of English football. @waynecoyne, big news for you boys today with Darren Moore being appointed as manager of Sheffield Wednesday. Happy with that? @yossa6133, how does the ending to your derby game last week affect your feelings ahead of this home game against Luton? @Neubs, you were right to bet against your own side last weekend but Stoke didn't make it easy for Brentford. Fancy getting something at home to Swansea after their loss to Bristol City? @harry_rag, are you going to sneak in any cards bets in midweek? Tired legs and gut reactions to frustrating results on the weekend could see some dished out maybe? Or am I being optimistic?

We should have won against Derby. Even money looks more than fair against Luton, only issue being our lack of goals.

Surprised Cardiff are odds against to beat Derby, doesn't sound like they were too great at Boro but I was very unimpressed with Derby and expect the home win here.

Think I'll do a single on Cardiff and a treble with Forest and Watford, around 5/1.

48 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

We should have won against Derby. Even money looks more than fair against Luton, only issue being our lack of goals.

Surprised Cardiff are odds against to beat Derby, doesn't sound like they were too great at Boro but I was very unimpressed with Derby and expect the home win here.

Think I'll do a single on Cardiff and a treble with Forest and Watford, around 5/1.

Yeah, I'd back us to beat Derby. The odds on the home win aren't great but we played a very solid and hard working Middlesbrough side. We definitely rode our luck and were fortunate to take a point but I think it was a case of Vaulks and Pack having an off day and getting completely outfought in the middle of the park. Think we'll get back to winning ways tomorrow but I'll have a look at the stats when I write the preview tomorrow.

Millwall FC vs Preston NE

Millwall FC

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Maikel Kieftenbeld (4/0 m), Jake Cooper (29/1 d), Connor Mahoney (8/1 m), Kenneth Zohore (12/2 f), Ryan Leonard (26/1 m), Murray Wallace (17/0 d)

Suspended: -

Preston NE

Doubtful: Liam Lindsay (4/1 d), Paul Gallagher (10/0 m), Ryan Ledson (27/1 m), Sean Maguire (21/3 f), Billy Bodin (2/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Declan Rudd (22/0 first goalkeeper), Louis Moult (0/0 f), Patrick Bauer (12/1 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Millwall FC
16 home games
Preston NE
16 away games
69% Over 1.5 goals 81%
19% Over 2.5 goals 69%
6% Over 3.5 goals 31%
6% Over 4.5 goals 19%
0% Over 5.5 goals 6%
31% Under 1.5 goals 19%
81% Under 2.5 goals 31%
56% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 75%
25% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 25%
0% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 13%

11 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Totally agree with that treble. Although Derby have been a bit more defensively solid under Rooney, Cardiff are on great form. Definitely fancy your lads to beat Luton at home and also Watford to beat Wycombe. 

@StevieDay1983 what were Middlesbrough like on Saturday? We've got them tomorrow night at home. If i was betting on it then it would be a low scoring game for me. Definitely under 2.5 goals. We've had quite a few 0-0's at St Andrews this season. 9 out of our last 11 games at St Andrews have gone under 2.5. 

Reading 

Reading defeated Rotherham 1-0 in the last round of the league, and finally won after 2 consecutive losses in the league. The morale of the team was improved. At present, Reading will inevitably go all out to earn points in order to ensure qualification for the play-offs. In the previous 16 home games, they have achieved 9 wins and 7 losses, which is still not stable enough.

Blackburn Rovers

Blackburn drew 1-1 at home with Coventry in the last round of the league. Although it stopped 5 consecutive defeats, but they still no win in 6 consecutive rounds, and the team's state and morale were at a trough. The current situation of Blackburn's relegation is not bad, but the fighting spirit is more questionable, and their away performance has been poor.

Verdict:

Reading is superior in strength, and there are doubts about the visiting team's fighting intentions. The 1X2 first odd is 2.45-3.40-2.80, which means support the home team. Reading should win this game.

Reading VS Blackburn Rovers

Pick: Reading

10 hours ago, skyblues88 said:

Totally agree with that treble. Although Derby have been a bit more defensively solid under Rooney, Cardiff are on great form. Definitely fancy your lads to beat Luton at home and also Watford to beat Wycombe. 

@StevieDay1983 what were Middlesbrough like on Saturday? We've got them tomorrow night at home. If i was betting on it then it would be a low scoring game for me. Definitely under 2.5 goals. We've had quite a few 0-0's at St Andrews this season. 9 out of our last 11 games at St Andrews have gone under 2.5. 

Middlesbrough played exactly as we anticipated. Packed the midfield and relied on trying to get their attack in with a direct approach. Classic Warnock. I still feel they just need 2-3 players to really turn them into a force but they are certainly worthy of being considered as play-off contenders this season. Wouldn't be surprised if they finished top 6. I'd say you would be satisfied with a point.

Cardiff vs Derby

It's nice to have Championship games coming at us hard and fast without the fear of feeling your team will get spanked. Cardiff play Derby in a 7pm GMT kick-off at the Cardiff City Stadium on Tuesday night and it's a chance for both teams to continue building on the positive start that their respective new managers have influenced since they were appointed earlier this season.

Cardiff maintained their unbeaten league record under Mick McCarthy with a fortunate 1-1 draw away to Middlesbrough on the weekend. It was a game that saw the Bluebirds under the cosh for a large portion of the game but were only denied a smash and grab win by a late equaliser by Neil Warnock's side. It's now 9 league games undefeated for Cardiff with 6 wins coming in that period. The system McCarthy has implemented is working well and the fact we didn't play great at Boro yet still came away with a draw shows how resilient this team has become. We have won our last two home games in the league in convincing fashion with a 3-1 win over Coventry and the 4-0 destruction of Preston so the McCarthy home league form theory is proving correct once again. The draw at Middlesbrough saw us drop out of the play-offs into 8th place but we're still very much within touching distance of the top six.

Derby come into this game as a much improved unit under Wayne Rooney compared to how they were performing under Phillip Cocu earlier in the campaign. The Rams are still down in 18th place despite having just lost 1 of their last 5 league matches. It was a Colin Kazim-Richards equaliser just 6 minutes from full-time that saw the team grab a point against rivals Nottingham Forest last round. Just 5 wins from their 15 away league games this season shows that they're not winning too many games on the road but their away form is far from the worst in the division. It simply lacks consistency.

This is a game between two sides that will be feeling confident they can take something from this match. I do feel that the difference will be that Cardiff will be looking to take all 3 points where as Derby would come away happy with a draw. There remains a level of animosity between these two clubs after the "snowgate" scandal from a couple of seasons back so this could be a heated affair. The away side will likely set up defensively and look to hit us on the counter but we have enough in our attacking play to cause them problems. Derby have only won 1 of the last 6 encounters and I'd back Cardiff to win any game at home right now.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.24 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.64 with Novibet

Norwich City vs Brentford

Norwich City is on a good track to bouncing back to the Premier League after being relegated last season. The home side sits in 1st place, being seven points ahead of their upcoming rivals. Daniel Farke’s side enjoys an excellent run as they celebrated on the previous five occasions. During that period, Norwich City conceded only two goals, becoming one of the tightest teams in the Championship. Teemu Pukki picked up where he left off last season, as he netted 18 times so far in the campaign. The Canaries lost only one match at Carrow Road and missed the chance to win only once in the previous five home games. If the hosts keep up the pace, we will see them facing the top English clubs next season.

Brentford doesn’t want to lose track of their opponents, and more importantly, not slip down from the 2nd spot. After three defeats in a row, Thomas Frank’s side managed to get back on the winning track with two straight victories. The Bees are three points ahead of Watford, and it will be a great battle for the top two spots, as there are more contenders. Ivan Toney and the lads have been clinical in front of the oppositions’ net with 61 goals scored so far. On the other hand, things were not perfect in defense, and Brentford should tighten its backline. The Bees are among the best visiting teams in the league, managing to get back home with a win on eight occasions. However, their last two outings didn’t go well, as Brentford suffered defeats in the hands of QPR and Coventry. The visitors need a disciplined performance if they want to remain in the direct promotion zone.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

This game can go in both directions, as this is the clash of the currently two best teams in the league. However, we believe Norwich City will continue its winning streak and book another three points.

Goals Market Prediction

Neither of the teams managed to keep its net intact in their previous three head-to-head clashes. This one shouldn’t be much different, and we should expect to see goals on both sides.

Norwich City to win @ 2.20

BTTS Yes @ 1.70

Correct score 2:1 @ 9.00

15 hours ago, StefanBB said:

Norwich City vs Brentford

Norwich City is on a good track to bouncing back to the Premier League after being relegated last season. The home side sits in 1st place, being seven points ahead of their upcoming rivals. Daniel Farke’s side enjoys an excellent run as they celebrated on the previous five occasions. During that period, Norwich City conceded only two goals, becoming one of the tightest teams in the Championship. Teemu Pukki picked up where he left off last season, as he netted 18 times so far in the campaign. The Canaries lost only one match at Carrow Road and missed the chance to win only once in the previous five home games. If the hosts keep up the pace, we will see them facing the top English clubs next season.

Brentford doesn’t want to lose track of their opponents, and more importantly, not slip down from the 2nd spot. After three defeats in a row, Thomas Frank’s side managed to get back on the winning track with two straight victories. The Bees are three points ahead of Watford, and it will be a great battle for the top two spots, as there are more contenders. Ivan Toney and the lads have been clinical in front of the oppositions’ net with 61 goals scored so far. On the other hand, things were not perfect in defense, and Brentford should tighten its backline. The Bees are among the best visiting teams in the league, managing to get back home with a win on eight occasions. However, their last two outings didn’t go well, as Brentford suffered defeats in the hands of QPR and Coventry. The visitors need a disciplined performance if they want to remain in the direct promotion zone.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

This game can go in both directions, as this is the clash of the currently two best teams in the league. However, we believe Norwich City will continue its winning streak and book another three points.

Goals Market Prediction

Neither of the teams managed to keep its net intact in their previous three head-to-head clashes. This one shouldn’t be much different, and we should expect to see goals on both sides.

Norwich City to win @ 2.20

BTTS Yes @ 1.70

Correct score 2:1 @ 9.00

Looking forward to this game! Huge match in the automatic promotion battle. I like your predictions. I'd have to go along with those.