Announcements
** January Poker League Result : 1st Barry John, 2nd Pabl007, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - drew005 wins £250 / Wishy wins £50 **
** January Naps Competition Result: 1st SILVER FOX, 2nd LIKE A ROUGHIE, 3rd DAISYCHAIN, 4th MRJOL. KO Cup Winner GLAVINTOBY, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Championship Predictions > Feb 23rd & 24th

champratings.jpg

The Championship offers us another round of midweek matches which is the norm this season now. It was a weekend of thrills and spills for all us fans. These fixtures give us a lot to think about. @canaries91, can your Norwich side extend their lead at the top of the table? @Kenton Schweppes, is this a game your boys will be looking to win or will a point suffice? @yossa6133, how are you feeling about Rotherham away? They're a tricky side. We played very well and they still didn't make it easy for us a couple of weeks back. @waynecoyne, really tough game for your team but Brentford have been dropping silly points lately so are they vulnerable? @skyblues88, a tough game for your side too. Is there any chance you can take anything from this clash?

I've done a treble with Norwich, Boro and Reading was 5/1 but in to around 4.3/1. Hard to land a treble but Boro and Norwich have been improved in the last couple of games and Reading are way better than Wycombe. Pearson taken over at Bristol but I think he's just watching today, hopefully he doesn't have too much influence. Birmingham cost me at the weekend but will find this more difficult.

Yeah, I think you've picked three good choices there. I'm not even sure Nigel Pearson is the right pick for Bristol City. It's a big gamble given how he dealt with Watford's players in his last role. He was also a car crash at Derby as well. I suppose it'll depend how much flexibility the owner is willing to give him because he comes across as a high maintenance manager.

Hi @StevieDay1983

Brentford have alot of injuries : Toney, Forrss, Marcondes, Rico Henry, Dasilva struggling with a thigh injury and have lost the last 3

so i wouldn't be rushing to back them at odds on. We are however talking about a very well run club and at the other end of the spectrum an utter shambles. Normally i'd expect a 3 or 4 goal win for Brentford but i think it will be close and wednesday are probably the value but i won't be getting involved

Bournemouth vs Cardiff

It seems like the games just don't stop coming in the Championship. Last night certainly threw up a couple of surprise results and we have to ride the treacherous seas of the second tier of English football once again on Wednesday night when Bournemouth face Cardiff in a 7:45pm GMT kick-off at Dean Court. Two play-off hopefuls who have already had their ups and downs this season. Who will come out on top?

Bournemouth are in 6th place and are starting life under new head coach Jonathan Woodgate. I find his appointment a little bit mystifying given his awful tenure at Middlesbrough and then inconsistent results since he's been in charge in a caretaker role. Yes, he managed an unbeaten run of 3 league games but the wins over Birmingham and Rotherham were really expected. The 2-1 loss away to QPR the day before his appointment should have urged caution. Still, I wait to be proven wrong. I think the Cherries still boast one of the best squads outside the Premier League and a decent gaffer would guide them up the table in no time. They remain just 3 points ahead of their opponents for this game.

Cardiff continue to flourish under Mick McCarthy. The Bluebirds made it 7 league games undefeated and 5 wins in a row with the dominant 4-0 win over a very out of sorts Preston team. The club is now up to 7th place in the table and within touching distance of the play-off positions. I repeat this every game at the moment but this situation was unthinkable just a couple of months ago as we sat in the lower bottom half and just 5 points above the relegation zone. Our players are playing with confidence, the system is working and maximising the potential of the individuals we have in the squad, and you have to feel we are worth backing every game at the moment.

This is arguably McCarthy's toughest challenge yet as Cardiff manager but he faces a Bournemouth side being led by an inexperienced gaffer in Woodgate. I know the Bournemouth fans aren't the happiest right now and it's in complete contrast to the Bluebirds supporters. I'm not sure we can get the victory purely because the home side have so much talent packed into their squad but I think we are once again worth a draw no bet option because we are so in form.

Cardiff Draw No Bet @ 2.50 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.80 with Betfair