** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Players Championships

Fader

Straight into this. After Jordan Brown wins his first ranking event, it means he makes this Players Championship that gets underway in the morning. Just 16 players in this event. Mostly the cream of the crop. 

I'll take one from the top and one from the bottom. My main bet is Mark Selby. He sits in the bottom half and faces Mark Williams first up. He would then face the winner out of Higgins/Brown and a potential out-of-form Neil Robertson. I'm not sure how much practicing Robbo has had, because his eye looked pretty closed up, last time I saw him, on Twitter. (Son blacked his eye with a toy)

In the top half, I will keep faith with Yuelong. I'm not too keen on taking anybody else up there. I'll have a little half point on Jordan Brown as an outsider. Not because I think he has a chance in hell of winning but more for cover against Selby in round 2, if he beats Higgins

2pts M.Selby to win Players Championship 7/1 paddypower
1pt E/W Z.Yuelong to win Players Championship 40/1 paddypower
0.5pts E/W J.Brown to win Players Championship 66/1 paddypower

I'm going to go with it being close between Day and Kyren Wilson tonight. I'm not sure Kyren is in best of form and Day has looked decent for a while now. I can see this being a close one and so it's worth having a point cover for Wilson to edge it on a decider, also.

2.5pts Over 9.5 frames - K.Wilson Vs R.Day 6/5 paddypower
1pt K.Wilson to beat R.Day 6-5 6/1 paddypower

No joy lastnight. Day started alright but couldn't string 20 together. Judd Trump goes out, which helps the outrights I honestly think you could argue that all four underdogs have a chance today :

Lisowski Vs Gould
N.Robertson Vs Ning
O'Sullivan Vs Ding
Yuelong Vs Hawkins

Although you would expect Robbo to come through, he does have a question mark over him, for form. He has lost to some lower quality players recently and isn't match sharp. I can't see Ronnie being up for it. Gould and Lisowski is always a close match and Yuelong Vs Hawkins isn't much more than a 50/50.

I'll take a chance on Gould and Yuelong and a very speculative accy. 

2.5pts Yuelong to beat Hawkins 11/10 bet365
2.5pts Gould to beat Lisowski 13/10 bet365
0.5pt accy - Gould, Ning, Ding, Yuelong 75/1 bet365 

Yeah, Yuelong really frustrates me. I think I will take Selby on the handicap today. Selby was the only person to really put Brown in a position last week, where it was in his own hands. A missed black in the middle pocket. If he got that, we could easily be speaking about Selby winning the event. I fancy him to do well this week.

4pts M.Selby -2.5 frames to beat M.Williams 5/4 paddypower

Players tips -9pts

isn't it always the way, you go -2.5 and the player wins -1.5. Atleast Selby got through. Two matches today. Robertson takes on Kyren Wilson and tonight Lisowski takes on Ronnie. I think Lisowski has a chance tonight. I didn't think Ronnie would be that up for this and he didn't look it against Ding. If Jack plays like he has been, then he has every chance. I'll take Robertson to hit the highest break in the 1pm match. I also think it's worth taking the 5/1 on him winning with most centuries. Hoping for him to pot the first ball. The only downside to the bet.

7pts N.Robertson (highest break) Vs K.Wilson 4/7 bet365
1.5pts N.Robertson to pot the first ball, most century breaks and win 5/1 paddypower
2pts J.Lisowski to beat R.O'Sullivan 11/4 boylesports

3 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Lisowski to beat Ronnie O'Sullivan???Not even a remote chance. There's a deep chasm between the two players, an abyss. Watch how he's gonna get destroyed by Ronnie. (2-6 or 1-6 the most probable scores.. 3-6 tops). 

yeah, doesn't really work like that though, does it? best player doesn't win everytime.

28 minutes ago, charliepie said:

Ok it's 3-0 and he's getting pumped tonight, maybe next time! 17.5 on BF if you still fancy it:-)

Jack looked really nervous, even in the first frame. His nerves are what's holding him back from ever winning anything substantial. 

2 hours ago, Fader said:

yeah, doesn't really work like that though, does it? best player doesn't win everytime.

Didn't say it works like that every single time. I just called it, I was feeling very confident that something like this would happen. And it happened. Like I said, there's an abyss between Ronnie and Lisowski. 

48 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Didn't say it works like that every single time. I just called it, I was feeling very confident that something like this would happen. And it happened. Like I said, there's an abyss between Ronnie and Lisowski. 

that’s saying Ronnie is going to win because of the difference in quality though, isn’t it? 

19 minutes ago, Fader said:

that’s saying Ronnie is going to win because of the difference in quality though, isn’t it? 

Look, in my opinion there is a profound difference in quality between the two players... Okay, prior to this match, Lisowski might have had a 5-10 percent chance of pulling off the upset, which isn’t exactly a zero percent chance. In fact, that’s roughly the same odds that it's raining in downtown LA (read this on FiveThirtyEight lol).

Hawkins takes on Ronnie tonight, to see who will be the first finalist. Higgins takes on Selby first, though, to see whom will face Kyren Wilson in the other Semi-final. Higgins played some really good stuff against Jordan Brown, but after a big first win for Brown, it was only going to go one way, I suppose. I think Selby wins this and I've been looking for an angle to have a bet. I think Higgins could perhaps make the highest break (based on recent form) but I fell for that trap in the Robbo match.

I'm keeping it simple here and going for a double on the day. Selby and Ronnie. Hawkins beat Ronnie in the last head-to-head but I still see him coming through this with a few to spare. Yuelong should be here against Ronnie really!

3pts M.Selby & R.O'Sullivan both to win 2/1 paddypower
1pt Selby/Higgins both to hit two centuries 14/1 paddypower 

Players Champs bets -19.5pts

20 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Selby scored 7 points in 6 frames. wow. Pathetic performance. The definition of embarrassment. 

so bad, it's unreal. Higgins played well, but I'm sorry, nobody should be losing 6-0.

awful tipping. Apologies to anybody following

2 hours ago, Kevinbro said:

On hawkins and Higgins from the start what's everyone's views just leave it take a chance or cashout

Higgins has a chance. I can't see Hawkins having a chance against Ronnie but I've been shocking this event.

15 hours ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Selby scored 7 points in 6 frames. wow. Pathetic performance. The definition of embarrassment. 

I couldn't agree less.

Higgins is one of the finest snooker players of all time, and one of the most decorated. He said after the match that this performance was his greatest ever. Having watched the match in it's entirety, I can see why he said that. Selby stood little or no chance. No player would have lived with Higgins on that form and for that reason, I have backed Higgins to beat Wilson and then Ronnie in the final at 4/

6 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

I couldn't agree less.

Higgins is one of the finest snooker players of all time, and one of the most decorated. He said after the match that this performance was his greatest ever. Having watched the match in it's entirety, I can see why he said that. Selby stood little or no chance. No player would have lived with Higgins on that form and for that reason, I have backed Higgins to beat Wilson and then Ronnie in the final at 4/

....at 4/1 with PaddyPower.

To quote Ronnie, "John was evil. He just showed what a class player he is. It was ridiculous snooker, bordering on obscene"

Edited by mcsilks

In my opinion, Shelby still has to play bad to lose 6-0 and pot just 7points.

with that mind, I’m going to take Higgins to bear Kyren tonight. It was a good performance from Higgins and part of me thinks the beating of Robertson, from Robertson, was masked by a poor performance from Lu Ning prior.

5pts J.Higgins to beat K.Wilson 4/5 Betfair 

I'm going to also take Higgins on the handicap tonight. Higgins has a really good record against Kyren. Beat him all 3 times in 2021, albeit in Championship League matches and also won 7 of the last 8 against him.

4pts J.Higgins (-1.5 frames) to beat K.Wilson 5/4 paddypower
2pts J.Higgins (-2.5 frames) to beat K.Wilson 9/4 willhill